This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#279567 by rafael1233384
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:05 am
Hi,
I launch a project with my band and I would like to have advices.
We already recorded our songs but I don't know how to manage our project now: mastering, video-clip, promotion ...?
If someone can help me ?? I don't know how to take the right decisions.
Thanks
#279600 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:55 am
Yeah, you're asking a bunch of strangers for exact advice to general questions with no details!
#279613 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:33 pm
rafael1233384 wrote:Hi,
I launch a project with my band and I would like to have advices.
We already recorded our songs but I don't know how to manage our project now: mastering, video-clip, promotion ...?
If someone can help me ?? I don't know how to take the right decisions.
Thanks

if you've recorded your songs, then yes, you need to have them mastered so the project sounds "even" when songs are played back to back (and other reasons)

Then you need to make an electronic press kit. Take some professional (looking) photographs, maybe a video of the band playing somewhere, if you have that, and put all of it in a place that you can link to. Having your own domain and website is the best way to establish an internet presence, but you could use bandcamp or some other band site until you get that together.

Never send anyone a download unless they ask for it, but you can send people a link to a site where your music streams and they can check out your story and pictures.

That's a good start on having band promo.

#279614 by J-HALEY
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:45 pm
Adding to what YOD says you can set up your site here and use it for free until you get a real website. I send links to my site here on bandmix when a band wanting to hire me needs info. I have been for years and it works great for me.