This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#278573 by Planetguy
Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:24 pm
Dayne Nobody IV wrote: ever here about karma? karma is a bitch.. :shock:

so what karma earned you all this bitterness, smallness, and pettiness? what karma earned you your mental issues?

it's been explained to you time and time again...that pros don't discuss how much they're paid at gigs because there are other musicians who play there and might be paid less money. what kind of half wit can't understand that? ...oh, yeah...one w a chip on their shoulder and an axe to grind.

being someone who hasn't played a paying gig in over 30 yrs, you should still understand why it's not professional to talk about how much you're paid at gigs.

give up this silliness...by your own admission, you have ZERO idea about how much i make at any of the gigs i play. and beating that dead horse just shows you to be a small and petty little boy w insecurity issues.

.....much like talking about my chops or anyone else's. that only makes you look more insecure and threatened.
#278575 by DainNobody
Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:28 pm
it is not me with the issues, planetguy, it's you, may I ask why you get so much joy in repeating yourself over and over, about tuning a guitar? even my friend Jeff, said something about not being so negative yesterday? did he not? did you heed his advice? NO! you did not, you get joy from harrassing others, I do not, I simply defend myself.. you go out of your way, so what does that tell you about your mental faculties? would you say it's normal behavior to harrass others? and if so, why? :)
#278576 by DainNobody
Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:31 pm
how does it concern you whether somebody is playing in tune? are you just loving me so much you want me to know that so as not to effect our relationships on this forum? :?
#278579 by DainNobody
Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:36 pm
and planetguy, you have now caused me to miss my 30 minute walk in the shade, now the sun is positioned to beat down on me for 30 minutes.. just one last thing, did my psychic abilities discern correctly you once had cancer? has all my practice at asceticism paid off? in the "know" "to know" by intuition and superstition :)
#278581 by DainNobody
Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:43 pm
and..you are a liar, last paid gig I had was in 1998 and once again, I was never looking to get paid gigs, not at the level you accept gigs at, I finally realized how ludicrous it is to play gigs at 100.00 or less.. unless I had developed some sort of ego like yours where money does not matter, simply wanting to play thinking people will some day accept your brand of playing which is lacking in my opinion, but then what does my opinion matter?.. I don't have to prove anything to liars like yourself anyhow.. :)
#278582 by Planetguy
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:00 pm
and once again you're delusional and/or dishonest.

:lol: your beef should be w the dumbass who first brought up your tuning issues back on the first page of this thread! :lol:

Dayne Nobody IV wrote:THANKS Mike.. it will depend on Sean as far as getting the band rehearsed and ready to move to Massachusetts.he has other bands he plays in and manages, I know he was really stoked last night, after the "gig" he was hugging me and putting his arm around me, I must have been in tune last night? LOL... LMAO :D :lol:
#278583 by DainNobody
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:28 pm
dishonest? have you not given kudos to musicians here that were given only because they were nice guys and not based upon performance? dishonest? if the not playing a gig for 30 years is so important in your criteria as to what makes a musician "genuine" then why have you not gotten into Displaced Pianist's face? or others here? why are you singling me out? dishonest? why can't you answer me about having cancer? again you only point at what you single out as important but only to gain favor among associates here you can dupe with your outward appearance as being good and well-behaved?.. dishonest? why can't you just email me the facts about your pay at your pizza gig? I will take an oath of silence about it.. nobody else will know? LOL..dishonest? why be critical of others playing and what they visualized as relevant when you were the one that initially asked for participation? were you just hoping for others to participate so you could make fools out of them publically on a forum because their phrases were not how you would have done it? what was the point if we including others, were not doing it "correctly".. many more examples of your dishonesty and wolf in sheep's clothing attitude I don't have time for at this minute.. :)
#278586 by Planetguy
Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:32 pm
and who says i was dishonest when giving out compliments about other's playing and writing here....delusionary you? butthurt YOU, who feels slighted because YOU aren't on the receiving end of enough compliments to keep you from lashing out like a crybaby w abandonment issues?

truth is, i've given you plenty of compliments over the yrs for both your playing and writing.

this fascination and obsession of your's w how much i make on my gigs.....one wonders, why is that soooooo consuming and important to you?

that's way more than a little creepy. :shock:

because you too often act like a paranoid nutcase w a huge chip on your shoulder...i wouldn't trust you enough to share my shoe size with you.

...not when you're the same delusionary and dishonest idiot who supposedly believes i play for food and regularly spouts off w that BS campaign ... while at the same time whining you DON'T know how much i make???? and now you're so desperate you want me to email you that info??? good grief. :roll:

look, aren't you the same two faced loon who spews $hit about me playing for food, disparages my playing, and cracks wise about me getting cancer... and THEN tells me to follow Haley's advice about being happy for someone who's getting to play?????

Why can't we be happy for a fellow musician doing what he loves?

so, is THAT what YOU'RE doing when you try to put down where i play, and my skills, ??? you're "being happy for a fellow musician doing what he loves'? really?

yeah, that's just more of the same dishonest and two faced BS you toss off. talk out of both sides of your mouth, much?

Dayne Nobody IV wrote:even my friend Jeff, said something about not being so negative yesterday? did he not? did you heed his advice? NO! you did not

here's an idea, how about YOU start practicing that and be a shining example to us all on positivity? (yeah, right)
#278590 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:55 pm
Dane - as you soon as you have details about this Cape Cod gig, let me know. I visit there often in the non-summer to see my mother and will definitely come to the gig.

Oh, the FB post about 'see you again' - that's what I posted to everyone after I hosted open mics, too. It's how an open mic/jam host ensures they continue to get people back week after week. If the host doesn't do hat, then the even won't keep happening.
#278599 by DainNobody
Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:28 pm
well Mike, my truck broke down in Bolivar today 100 yards from Advanced Automotive.. got out at laundry mat and could smell gas and then I hear a drizzling sound and lo and behold, my fuel line has burst, rotted as heck and I am pouring gas on the paving.. the laundry mat is not more than a 100 yards away from Advanced Automotive.. I said to myself, I have not turned into a roving fireball on wheels yet, and I don't know how much gas is in the tank cause my gauge is inoperative.. so might as well take a chance another 100 yards.. it bust somewhere down the road.. 18 miles to Bolivar, and noticed a gas smell at Hwy. 13 and Hwy. KK intersection when I stopped, I think driving was blowing the gas smell away from my nose but when stopped definite gas odor, I thought for a minute the automatic choke was acting up.. drove another 8 miles.. to Bolivar.. getting home late just a few minutes ago.. put new rubber line (which I could have done) and new 26.00 dollar fuel filter..26 bucks!! WTF!.. I drive beaters to save money and besides this is my swap meet truck.. man am I glad it was coolish last Tuesday cause if it had been hot I would have drove the truck to Humansville, 35 miles one-way..and thank god I changed my mind to take the Cadillac.. otherwise it would have been costlier..tow. cab to get back home etc.

oh Mike Sean just contacted me 5 hours ago, so don't worry that he was just graciious in responding.. he actually knows a great guitarist when he HEARS ONE..ME!! no matter what planet says or tries to convince otheres of
#278600 by DainNobody
Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:46 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:Dane - as you soon as you have details about this Cape Cod gig, let me know. I visit there often in the non-summer to see my mother and will definitely come to the gig.

Oh, the FB post about 'see you again' - that's what I posted to everyone after I hosted open mics, too. It's how an open mic/jam host ensures they continue to get people back week after week. If the host doesn't do hat, then the even won't keep happening.

are you writing a book Mike? no worries, I will pass it on.. but it will be around 4 months, and somehow I just can't fathom the idea the whole Cape Cod shuts down. been scoping out my potential new home, and I see it is humoungus .. and also found out yes there were many millionaires created from whaling.. :)
#278601 by DainNobody
Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:51 pm
I will always have a warm loving feeling for Sean Hunter Lally, no matter what happens, he is a warm individual, and outgoing, I am a sullen introvert, if he drops me like a hot potato, I will have fond memories about his warm New England personality..

oh cool, just cked facebook messages, Michael the bassist at 2:47 PM today just sent me a huge setlist including his Sea Of Light tune ..ALL versions of it cool beans, this thing looks like it might solidify ..GREAT! retiring in December at 62 and this will be my new hobby.. :D :lol:
#278605 by DainNobody
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:50 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:Dane - as you soon as you have details about this Cape Cod gig, let me know. I visit there often in the non-summer to see my mother and will definitely come to the gig.

Mike, the point is Sean said we will get together at his studio in Bolivar rather than being obliged to hit the open mic.. I love it there but it is a fer ways away, Bolivar is only 18 miles though, it's quite the studio Mike.. here it is, but Sean said Tuesday that there is more now, when I asked him, "is that your studio?" I thought maybe he just worked at the Record Plant or something and a photo from the past when in L.A.
#278606 by DainNobody
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:55 am
he has a beautiful soul, and he is big time.. bigger than you know about..he is huge..thing is he wanted me to come to his studio a year or two ago, when he stumbled upon my profile with the soundcloud tracks I have posted, I was doing something and in a month or two he was hacked on facebook and got rid of all his facebook friends in which I was one.. I thought I had said something and he just unfriended me.. he told me Tuesday night that he had to unfriend everybody to get rid of the hacker who had infiltrated his facebook page.. he felt bad about it Tuesday night at Murphy's Pub.. months or maybe longer went by before the "mistake" was corrected :)
#278613 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:05 pm
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:are you writing a book Mike? no worries, I will pass it on.. but it will be around 4 months, and somehow I just can't fathom the idea the whole Cape Cod shuts down. been scoping out my potential new home, and I see it is humoungus .. and also found out yes there were many millionaires created from whaling.. :)

Very few whalers worked out of Cape Cod - Barnstable was the only harbor deep enough for the ships, and being at the bottom of Cape Cod Bay, they were furthest from the major whaling areas, far fewer whales were found in the bay. Most whaling was done out of New Bedford and Long Island, and the island of Nantucket. Ever hear the song by Mountain 'Nantucket Sleighride'? That's when a whaler spears a whale and the boat gets pulled for a ride behind the whale (until it eventually tires out and the whalers would continue to spear it until it died). Then the main ship would come up alongside and they'd butcher it for the oil. There's a whaling museum in New Bedford, if you ever make it out this way.

Not, not everything shuts down on Cape Cod in the winter - there are over 200,000 full-time residents in the 15 towns. But many restaurants and other business that survive on tourism do shut down. The Melody Tent that I mentioned before is actually dismantled and then put up again in the spring. There are a couple of playhouses, but they stay mostly shut down in the off-season, too. There are a couple of art centers (an old band mate does musicals in one).