This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#278186 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:38 pm
I don't think I ever said anyone has to agree? It's just my opinion and it doesn't anger me if you think that group is "all that". I have only pointed out that it's a shallow facsimile of the past and that angers you for some reason.

Why does the truth offend you so much? Because you think they're popular in Europe? Why is that a respectable measurement? It's still a pale copy of someone else's work whether you like it or not. I think Bedstrat got the same response from everyone else when he brings up Japanese girl bands who do the same thing (but look better doing it)

So what?

We're going to be good friends someday, george. It's up to you how long that will take.

#278261 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:26 pm
george1146561 wrote:
yod wrote:That makes no sense but the clip that it rolled into kind of did.

Popeye meets Ali Baba and the 40 thieves of 80s metal.

No, it consists of Wimpy's only argument being to say "I'm Popeye".

Look. We know you don't like covers. We get it. You're a musical snob. That's fine. Be who you are. Take pride in being who you are. But this thread is about covers. It's intended for people who are NOT musical snobs like you to talk about covers, what they like and dislike about covers, their own experiences doing covers. What works well in covering someone else's song, and what doesn't work well.

You aren't adding anything to the discussion with your incessant repetition of the fact that you only like "originals", even if they are boring and sound totally derivative of other artists who perform in the same genre. We get it.

So just butt out and let those of us who are a little more open minded talk about the subject.

If anything YOU are Wimpy Popeye.

It's funny how much it irks you that I would dare to notice how unoriginal (and lame) those euro-copy bands are. You're just too easy to tweak, bro.

Not sure who you think you are, but you ain't my boss so stuff it up your poop-chute, pawpaw. I'll say what I feel like saying whenever I feel like saying it. It's called the First Amendment, and besides, you are the newbie here with obvious anger issues. Go sit down and shut up if you don't like hearing what anyone else has to say.

Did you get that?

Last edited by t-Roy and The Smoking Section on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
#278271 by MikeTalbot
Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:25 am
"We?" Must have a mouse in your pocket.

I never get involved when folks are arguing.

Talbot
#278335 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:17 am
george1146561 wrote:There is a special place in Hell reserved for those who pretend to be Christian in order to sell more product, whether it's recorded "Christian" music, religious texts, or to just beg for people to fill the collection baskets. The absolute lowest of the low are those who display crude, rude, and downright evil attitudes and actions towards others will attempting to sell digital downloads of their "Christian" songs at 99¢ a pop. That doesn't sound like a lot of money, but multiplied by enough customers buying enough copies, it can add up.

Not everyone is a Christian. Not all Christians are perfect. But when someone attempts to make money off of a personal image as a "professional" Christian, and then acts like a total asshole in public, something is very, very wrong.

And then there are the religious pinheads.

Faith and religion are diabolically opposed, though one is a shallow "cover" of the original. I have only given opinions based on experience; and all you have returned are ignorant insults and character assassination because you don't think I should disagree with you, apparently.

How very "christian" of you! :lol:

Last edited by t-Roy and The Smoking Section on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
#278338 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:25 am
george1146561 wrote:
yod wrote:
george1146561 wrote:There is a special place in Hell reserved for those who pretend to be Christian in order to sell more product, whether it's recorded "Christian" music, religious texts, or to just beg for people to fill the collection baskets. The absolute lowest of the low are those who display crude, rude, and downright evil attitudes and actions towards others will attempting to sell digital downloads of their "Christian" songs at 99¢ a pop. That doesn't sound like a lot of money, but multiplied by enough customers buying enough copies, it can add up.

Not everyone is a Christian. Not all Christians are perfect. But when someone attempts to make money off of a personal image as a "professional" Christian, and then acts like a total asshole in public, something is very, very wrong.

And then there are the religious pinheads.

Faith and religion are diabolically opposed, though one is a shallow "cover" of the original. I have only given opinions based on experience; and all you have returned are ignorant insults and character assassinations because you don't think I should have the right to disagree with you, apparently.

How predictably "christian" of you.

I simply expressed my opinion. It is my opinion that you are a bitter, rude, hypocrite who pretends to be one thing, but who acts like something else. That is my opinion of you, and so by your logic, you just have to shut up and accept it.

Do you see me trying to stop you from being so ignorant? Please go ahead and spew your anger issues out on everyone if that helps.

Does this mean I get to have an opinion now? Oh thank you for letting me breath!?!

#278531 by DainNobody
Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:00 pm
ok.. you have said the "chip on the shoulder" thing several times.. what do you mean by that? is it because I will be playing gigs for $1200.00 on Cape Cod in approx. 4 months or is it because you ate some bad pizza at the place you play? :D
#278533 by Planetguy
Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:05 pm
:lol: way to prove you DON'T have a chip on your shoulder! :lol: