This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#279472 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:21 am
MikeTalbot wrote:As a songwriter I learn toward Ted's view just a bit. George has a made a good, if rather heated case that has some merit.

So here is something for both of you to consider. Kieth Richards wrote that songwriting is like chasing butterflies with a net, if you don't catch it you lose it, it doesn't belong to you until you have it. That suggests to me that songwriters, perhaps even me, might grab songs in their net that didn't really belong to them, they just reeled them in...

Our nets seem usually to catch songs that fit us as who we are, our personalities. But that doesn't mean something else doesn't slip into the net on occasion and sits there stoically awaiting the folks that can bring it to life.

Talbot

yep, thanks for trying anyway....

:lol: :roll:

drat, drat, and double-drat to those evil butterflies!!!! :evil:

#279608 by Dave Huffman
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:58 pm
I see a lot of starving "Uncover"l bands around here. If you want to gig & make some $$ do covers & throw in a few songs written by the band. I make every song I play my own & hate when the band wants to sound just like the album.

Cheese 1955 8)