This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#277744 by schmedidiah
Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:24 am
Not a new complaint. You can search the General Music section and find at least a couple of threads on every page of 50 that are similar complaints to this one. You can bump them all too and get a full discussion going on each. Won't do a damn bit of good to change the problem though. This is just human nature drawn out to the extreme. Everyone wants what they want and if no one is going to drop it in their lap for free, then they won't put in the effort it takes to make it happen.
#277749 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:32 pm
It does seem crazy in this day and age that people would not have any examples of their work available in some electronic format - yet that was exactly the case with the guys I have just joined up with. If the description of who they were looking for hadn't been exactly what I had been searching for, I might have just passed them by, with no samples of their abilities.
But its still a fact that some people are not really 'with it' when it comes to current 'sharing' technology. I asked the guys for some photos for our band facebook page and they had just a couple not-so-great pics to use.

Of course there's no reason or excuse that a band should not be able to put a full description of what/who they are, set list, etc.
#277757 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:37 pm
Well this place is for beginners, too. How else will new bands of novices be formed?

So they are letting you know that they aren't ready to be professional. Isn't that who you'd like to filter out anyway?

Be especially aware of posers who keep saying "pics and video coming soon" and can't get it together after many months.

8)
#277764 by MikeTalbot
Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:16 am
Why Ted, I'd thought the only musicians around were us older guys who already know everything. 8)

Talbot
#277776 by schmedidiah
Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:33 pm
george1146561 wrote:
The basic description "classic rock" covers a style of music that dominated the airwaves for several decades. There were THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of songs recorded and released during the classic rock era that could be described as "classic rock". Since the era ended, there continues to be hundreds of bands and solo artists who still perform and record brand new "classic" rock, since that is as much a sound as it is an era.

Classic rock in terms of satellite radio has been whittled into a top 40 format. They play the songs that we're hot at the time they came out as long as they've had staying power, but they're not playing thousands and thousands of different songs. That's most likely what classic rock fans are seeking when they look for a live band to go see, or more honestly, what they would be likely to patronize if it happened to be playing in a bar where they're drinking.
#277782 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:45 am
Classic rock is just something with an electric guitar solo done after Rubber Soul (The Beatles) but before Nirvana. Then it became "alternative" and radio began to be programmed by computers

But yea, even back in the classic rock era there was progresssive rock, metal (Zep, Sabbath) experimental, southern, pop-rock, Brit rock, bubblegum, and art rock which all get lumped into the same "classic rock" genre now.
#277785 by schmedidiah
Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:27 am
The heat got to me today and I said satellite instead of terrestrial radio. Sorry for that. And I'm glad you don't care. That's good.
#277805 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:34 pm
george1146561 wrote:And "classic rock" includes ALL rock from the mid-60's through the end of the 80's, in all genres. .

your reading comprehension ain't so good, it is?

With a few exceptions for piano/keyboard solos, that's exactly what I just said.