This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#277587 by Planetguy
Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:48 pm

GPR playin out on Saturday (100 W Commercial)

Hi Y'all !
In the past I've been criticized for not playing out.
If ya wanna see an old fart try to play a guitar,
SATURDAY
C-Street Market
11:00 to 1:00

The C-Street Market is fresh produce, inventions, contrivances, and what have you. It is purt near Grant and Commercial, just East a few blocks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some of you may choose to make this an audition.
Please know that I will trade you hour for hour: learning your covers and you learn (invent) accompaniment for my originals.

If there's money involved, I'm lookin more for equity than cash and would rather record with very occasional supporting performances.
Still have an opening for a doubleE With sound experience. LLC and share patents. I do some soldering and micro-welding, as well as bringing a bit of lighting experience. Am a formulating chemist in adhesives and coatings. Have bench will talk.
The forecast for Saturday is sunny and 81 with low humidity. It don't get much better than that.
Hope to see you then.

In the meantime have a good time and don't let life interfere.
GranPappy Rock

#277588 by DainNobody
Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:05 pm
1st GIG: VINI, VIDI, VISCOSITY (C-Street Market) hide this posting
I came. I saw. I oozed on out.

Gave him a dollar.

Anybody else experienced?
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
#277589 by Planetguy
Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:00 pm
hope it was a fun gig and there were a lot of "hundred dollar bills" in the tip jar. :wink:

yeah, i hadn't noticed a tuner on either headstock in the photo and i figured it must be you! :D

(see what i did there? now, THAT'S how you take a pot shot at someone!) :D
#278714 by DainNobody
Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:34 pm
#278791 by DainNobody
Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:13 pm
just notified by our bassist that he has successfully recruited a female singer to come to our scheduled Sunday 2 PM rehearsal who is also a music teacher.. supposed to learn Middle Of The Road by The Pretenders as her debut tune.. briefly gave the cover tune a listen and darn if it does not sound like A G D C for verse with a A G E intro and bridge? :| l
#278794 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:31 pm
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:just notified by our bassist that he has successfully recruited a female singer to come to our scheduled Sunday 2 PM rehearsal who is also a music teacher.. supposed to learn Middle Of The Road by The Pretenders as her debut tune.. briefly gave the cover tune a listen and darn if it does not sound like A G D C for verse with a A G E intro and bridge? :| l

That sounds right. Pretenders songs are never difficult to play, its the vocals that carry them. I've seen them in concert twice, and Chrissy Hyndes with a different band once.
#278834 by DainNobody
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:25 pm
is the neck straight? and if a National I will get the money to you :D
#279281 by DainNobody
Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:52 pm
and this is why I get rave reviews with my live guitar showmanship at the clubs.. a sample for a taste

https://soundcloud.com/dayne-nobody-iv/ ... kin-sample