This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#276815 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 22, 2017 10:54 am
#276819 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 22, 2017 12:34 pm
Hopefully those links work for you.

Show went well, attendance was a little off this year, I think because there were so many musical events happening on Saturday in this area. People have to start looking at scheduling better!
The 'star' of the show was a 7-year-old boy who did 'With a Little Help from My Friends' solo to open up the 2nd half of the show. We also got him back to play the big grand piano on 'Birthday' and as we reprised With a Little Help for the big sing-along finale.
Another gig in 2 weeks at Massasoit College in southeastern Mass, and the 'Scrambled Eggs' are on hiatus again.
#276821 by schmedidiah
Mon May 22, 2017 1:41 pm
Didn't really care for the Magic Mystery Tour intro, but everything after that sounds great. Good job practicing Mike.
#276832 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 22, 2017 7:46 pm
schmedidiah wrote:Didn't really care for the Magic Mystery Tour intro, but everything after that sounds great. Good job practicing Mike.

Me neither, but its not my band, so not my job to make the calls. The erstwhile leader (lead guitar) was calling out the starts all way too fast. And started the 3rd song before the 2nd song - everyone had a set list in front of them, too.
#276888 by DainNobody
Tue May 23, 2017 11:24 pm
practice makes perfect..
#276891 by GuitarMikeB
Wed May 24, 2017 12:16 pm
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:practice makes perfect..

I've been saying that all along. This Beatles thing is a once-a-year charity benefit gig (this year we're doing one more benefit), and the 5 of us do not live close to each other, so we only had 5 practices this year - and the final one was too short because the drummer and lead guitarist were late and the lead singer had to leave early because his mother-in-law had had a stroke the night before.
The sound guy (also a volunteer for this event) had some stuff messed up on the soundboard, too, so the monitor mixes sucked, but we played through and the audience loved us. When you can get people standing up, clapping and singing along on your big finale, it's always good. The videos above were the first 2/3 of the show, but the whole thing was videoed with 3 cameras and audio recorded direct form the board onto multitrack. It will take the guys sometime to get it all mixed and edited.