This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#277098 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:58 am
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:is your guitarist this good?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnixA1S_mK8

can he do flamenco? 1:53 - 2:29 is technique like none other..

that guy is OK

This guy, Rene Martinez, is a friend of mine. Currently he's John Mayer's guitar tech, and was always a tech to the top guitarists....started with the Fabulous Thunderbirds. He smokes every person he has ever tech'd for, including Stevie Ray.

One of the greatest flamenco players you'll ever see or hear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXJyr23wwQ8
#277278 by Cajundaddy
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:11 am
Hey check it out. Both of those flamenco players were really well in tune. :mrgreen:
They also have a great sense of time, tempo, meter, phrasing, and groove. All of the fundamentals of a skilled musician. Those snappy hands don't hurt neither.

Fundamentals in music are just as important as fundamentals in baseball. Until you can throw, catch, hit, field, and base run consistently well, everything else is just window dressing. Get the music fundamentals right and you can attract audiences. Ignore the fundamentals and audiences ignore you... or worse.

#amirightted?
#277284 by DainNobody
Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:44 am
and why does this post bother you two so much? seems like you could let it die off unless there is a valid reason for digging it up over and over, I just made $33.50 busking Tuesday so I'm not worried about attracting them.. I did get a 20.00 tip from one person..so is it fair and balanced? maybe not..LOL
#277286 by DainNobody
Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:58 am
I studied psychology both abnormal and normal strains of it, and when a guy has to come back 10 days later to comment about something, making innuendos and speculating about drawing crowds to a gig, I am highly suspect about said intentions, something psychologically is amiss with these guys posts, something underlying in the current is bothering their psyches and I do not think for a minute the issue is out of tune guitars. it's something else ..go back and listen again to the :lol: :D 59 second clip..
#277314 by Planetguy
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:30 pm
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:I studied psychology both abnormal and normal strains of it, and when a guy has to come back 10 days later to comment about something, making innuendos and speculating about drawing crowds to a gig, I am highly suspect about said intentions, something psychologically is amiss with these guys posts, something underlying in the current is bothering their psyches and I do not think for a minute the issue is out of tune guitars. it's something else ..go back and listen again to the :lol: :D 59 second clip..

yeah....i'm sure there are others who would concur......"psychology" IS at play here. just maybe consider that instead of pointing fingers elsewhere, you might look at your "psychology".

maybe ask yourself why you so quickly and easily jumped to the conclusion that everyone who pointed out your intonation issues did so to put you down, or out of pettiness and jealousy.

i KNOW that wasn't MY motivation, and knowing others here as well as is possible thru this medium i seriously doubt that was anyone else's motivation either.

i pointed out your bad intonation w the intention of helping you out as one musician/friend to another. and i've little doubt that's where everyone else was coming from as well. but instead of seeing that for what it was you dug in and went all batshit.

i'm a competitive person in many areas....music ain't one of them. i don't measure my skills against your's, or anyone else here on the board. or anywhere. i just don't view instrumental and writing chops as a "competition". the only musician i'm in competition is myself. 8)

but i know from past exp that you appear to be very competitive in that regard as you've challenged me and others to musical contests and feats of strength. :D

Since you brought up this whole "psychology" thing....I can't help wonder if THAT competitive "psychology" of your's is what caused you to dig in your heels, at first refusing to acknowledge any tuning problems, and then later taking what was meant as constructive criticism as personal slights.

another way to look at it......when someone comes up to you and points out that your fly is open....do you take it as they're trying to embarrass you? or.... that they are trying to save you FURTHER embarrassment? :D

perspective and attitude (and "psychology)...it's what's fer dinner! 8)
#277331 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:35 am
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:thanks Glen, I see you noticed the negativity oozing from them, what's new ? and we will be patiently waiting for yod's sound clip of the bridge on Over The Hills and Far Away.. this will be good.. :D :? :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dayne, I don't know if I would call it negativity.
You are dealing with musicians that have BIG SKILLS and big egos. They must have THAT, to spend hours of rehearsal time and compromise with other players, and then spend hours to put a gig on, set up under poor conditions, play under poor conditions... And hope, that people enjoy all their hard work.
I understand you are just trying to share... But...
Please give KUDOS to all the guys out there doing gigs. Especially all us guys over the age of 20.
You have some very tough talented musicians here. The list goes on so long it is freight train running on and on at a crossing.
Good luck Dayne. Just trying to explain why you have to be careful about trying to teach the teacher.
#277934 by DainNobody
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:21 pm
it is not out of tune, get your ears checked.. w/ your obamacare insurance :D
#277935 by DainNobody
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:23 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:thanks Glen, I see you noticed the negativity oozing from them, what's new ? and we will be patiently waiting for yod's sound clip of the bridge on Over The Hills and Far Away.. this will be good.. :D :? :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dayne, I don't know if I would call it negativity.
You are dealing with musicians that have BIG SKILLS and big egos. They must have THAT, to spend hours of rehearsal time and compromise with other players, and then spend hours to put a gig on, set up under poor conditions, play under poor conditions... And hope, that people enjoy all their hard work.
I understand you are just trying to share... But...
Please give KUDOS to all the guys out there doing gigs. Especially all us guys over the age of 20.
You have some very tough talented musicians here. The list goes on so long it is freight train running on and on at a crossing.
Good luck Dayne. Just trying to explain why you have to be careful about trying to teach the teacher.

that's the trouble Glen, their egos have outgrown their talent
#277936 by DainNobody
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:26 pm
and even if it was 4 hertz out of tune on the 50$ guitar I played it on, they are missing the point, the point was not about being in tune and the importance of being so, the point was I was trying to help them develop into better guitarists by coddling them and giving of myself explaining how to do the riff even if their motor skills are not at that stage yet in their careers.. they wer just being rude and OFF-TOPIC.. Israeli folk songs and all..
#277976 by DainNobody
Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:16 am
I have always known the whole song on guitar.. I broke it up into chunks as $5.00 ea. lessons.. I have given 12 y/o kids at the music store $ lessons like the lead on "How Many More Times" as an example..$ 5.00.. I don't have to prove anything to Dave, you, P-Guy or any of the others that dispute my validity.. I personally think it is some sort of vendetta you guys have against me.. because I can do the same stuff on craigslist ads and get rave reviews, well, maybe stretching it a bit, but the worst comment I got was I play very well but somewhat boring? whatever that means, but that was the worst...
#277980 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:23 am
The tuning ain't [i]that[/i] bad. Page has played it live with worse.

Not sure why you think I'd have any vendetta or jealousy of your playing. Doesn't affect me at all what you do, so what would be the point?

Sorry if I've hurt your feelings, bro. I'll refrain from commenting on your profile music in the future.