This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#277041 by DainNobody
Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:36 pm
it is out of tune cause the normal way I tune guitars is to get my 440A and tune the guitar "with itself" and although it is tuned with itself it is out of tune because the intonation needs set, it was good 2 years ago, when I got this 800.00 guitar on sale for 379.00 but some wood has dried out? shrunken? and needs to go in to the shop.. if I tune each note as per the clip on tuner, says, it sounds more in tune but not tuning at the 5th fret as in "with itself" am I making myself clear? or do you need further explanation? as follows:

beginning with the open E (1st) string at the right pitch tune the open E (6th) string to the same note but two octaves lower, play an A on the 5th fret of the 6th string and tune the open A (5th) string to it, so on except until you play a B 4th fret of 3rd string and tune open B (2nd) string to it, last one revert back to 5th fret instead of 4th fret,

that is the way I always tune, and yes, it was out of tune, but we were not discussing tuning we were discussing a free lesson showing you how to play a riff.. I even spelled it out for you and gave you some audible free lessons.. yes, the guitar is out of intonation and therefore will not sound in tune, it sounded better using the electronic tuner and tuning each string to correct pitch..20 bucks will fix this, but will 20 allow Ted to show us what he's got as far as something he has done since 1975? doubt if he can do it..just sayin, .. I believe his fingers are no longer nimble enough to do it..hahaha...otherwise he would not need to hire guitarists..hahahaha :D I can shell out the sh*t every bit as good as you all..hahahaha..and play guitar better..LOL
#277042 by DainNobody
Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:42 pm
Ted has me beat though, he could play that riff in 1975, I couldn't play it until 1979 after I had played 3 years :lol:
#277045 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:25 pm
Planetguy wrote:
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:Well then we come to the agreement... That you will always agree... To disagree with whatever we don't agree on... Now come on... Why can't you simply disagree with that? :)

oh, we had THAT agreement from THE START, no???? :D

You missed the whole point...
That's ok you are still American... Even when you keep trying to put your hand on a HOT STOVE.. I love you just enough to say, don't do that.
I must be really plucked up to even give a rat sass about you. But I do... Your Ideals... Live with them.
YOU MISSED THE WHOLE POINT! GO ASK VAMP , HE WILL EXPLAIN IT TO YOU!
#277056 by Planetguy
Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:39 am
hmmm. maybe your point wasn't clearly stated and was poorly communicated. :wink:

or maybe my crystal ball needs to go onto my workbench for a once over. it has been on the fritz lately and it's not letting me intuit deep hidden meanings from cryptic mssgs as of late. dang it, i knew i shouldn't have bought that cheaper model from K-Mart!

i know! why don't you explain whatever point that is you were trying to make. you know....one american to another. 8)
#277058 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:57 am
That's American buddy. I know, you don't know where the caps key is... Show some respect.
Yeah you can tune a guitar... But you can't tune a fish.
Show some respect... Even to Dayne.

Capital A... merican... Get it?!!!!!!
#277061 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:24 pm
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:Ted has me beat though, he could play that riff in 1975, I couldn't play it until 1979 after I had played 3 years :lol:

I'm in Branson today, but leaving for Montgomery AL tomorrow night.

If you can get here by 3PM, I'll show you how to play every part to the song except the drums.
#277063 by DainNobody
Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:54 pm
Ted I can play the whole tune also, but wanted to keep the lesson @ 1:00 or under due to bandwidth limitation on BM player and also my soundcloud account is used up and full, but now I see that I have 100mgb now at BM, they have mysteriously expanded it, and I am not a premium..

Ted, I would love to jam with you or even rehearse with you at some time.. but today within a few minutes, I am heading to the storage unit to put on a whole fresh load for tomorrow's swap meet, but it is supposed to rain? especially tomorrow.. so might not happen, I was keeping the truck freed up of cargo so I could have it ready for inspection to get registration not that I could have had it loaded, just if something major is wrong and it won't pass inspection, I don't want a load in the back if it has to go to the shop..no need of having junk stole out the back on somebody's lot.. :)
#277064 by DainNobody
Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:56 pm
but, Mickey's Station in Pleasant Hope said they were booked up and could not do a Mo. State safety Inspection when I called a few minutes ago, so thinkin' I will load it now anyway for tomorrow? but it's supposed to rain?
#277077 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:31 pm
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:Ted I can play the whole tune also, but wanted to keep the lesson @ 1:00 or under due to bandwidth limitation on BM player and also my soundcloud account is used up and full, but now I see that I have 100mgb now at BM, they have mysteriously expanded it, and I am not a premium..

Ted, I would love to jam with you or even rehearse with you at some time.. but today within a few minutes, I am heading to the storage unit to put on a whole fresh load for tomorrow's swap meet, but it is supposed to rain? especially tomorrow.. so might not happen, I was keeping the truck freed up of cargo so I could have it ready for inspection to get registration not that I could have had it loaded, just if something major is wrong and it won't pass inspection, I don't want a load in the back if it has to go to the shop..no need of having junk stole out the back on somebody's lot.. :)

That's a dang long excuse for a question I figured you'd say, "can't do it" anyway. :lol:

I'm stopping for a coffee in some place called Hardy Arkansad to check in along the road. I'm sorry if I implied any disrespect towards your guitar playing or your manhood or you State/City. Didn't say anything I would not have said to my own brother, btw, if he couldn't tell his guitar was out of tune. Maybe that explains interpersonal relations in my family? :roll: :wink: :?: :?

BUT I certainly never meant for it to come across as diminishing you personally, ok? But, that still leaves one important question, which is: What the freakin' hell is wrong with you if you can't tell that guitar is WAAAAAAAAYYYYYY out of tune?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love you man...but give it up to save our ears, dude.

OR JUST LEARN HOW TO USE A TUNER!!!!!!@
#277081 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:16 am
I've uploaded an unreleased song. One drum loop. Write and produce the song around it. Demo finished in about 3 hours.

Talk of divorce in another thread inspired me to reveal a song or two or three that I've written and recorded lately on my dinky old Pentium 4 with an Echo-Darla sound card. (built circa 1996???) I set it all up a couple of days ago and had 2 days to record three recent songs.

Looks like I'm in a divorce and, as any artist will do, the emotions were turned into music. Here is the first in a progression of three (At the bandmix profile)

"Give Me Your Heart"

This, imo, is what being a songwriter is about. A mental release for the stresses of life. A spiritual connection that keeps one sane...or in the nearby proximity. :roll:
Last edited by t-Roy and The Smoking Section on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#277083 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:35 am

I really am a Producer, bro. I might look stupid and act like a clown, but I'm an experienced stupid clown who knows what I'm talkin' 'bout.

You need to use a tuner. That's all I was trying to say.

Onward to Montgomery, the home of Hank Williams, God bless his soul.

:D
Last edited by t-Roy and The Smoking Section on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#277092 by GuitarMikeB
Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:16 pm
Sorry to hear about the divorce, Ted. Using it for song sources is one good outcome. Listening to Give Me Your Heart - in tune guitars!

Dayne - I don't think anyone here was disparaging your guitar playing, but the fact that the guitar was so badly out of tune (it wasn't just intonation - intonation on the first 4 frets should never be that bad) just made it unlistenable.
#277095 by DainNobody
Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:01 pm
nobody is disparaging anything, just upset that the post could become so mis-directed off-topic.. it was not about tuning, it was about a riff..

is your guitarist this good?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnixA1S_mK8

can he do flamenco? 1:53 - 2:29 is technique like none other..