This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#276796 by Cheap Trickster
Sun May 21, 2017 11:59 am
I don't know about the rest of the membership on this site, but I personally don't appreciate
being strung along. This post is meant simply to advise other unsuspecting members, and hopefully
keep someone else from being strung along and having their time wasted as well.
My tribute band has been searching for a singer and thought we'd give this site a try.
I contacted another member about the possibility of an audition. After 2 weeks of
exchanging emails, a couple of phone calls and lining up an audition... we had a Sunday set to have him
come and try out. I'd even been in touch with him the day before the audition.
So Sunday rolled around and we waited....and waited. This guy was a no show. No phone call,
no email, no text...no nothing. Tried calling and got a rude voicemail greeting.
So, if you're searching for a singer( alleged multi-instrumentalist)...avoid this member...joey 1130981.
This guy will be a complete waste of time...don't bother with him.
If this post violates forum rules I apologize. I did try to find out if it would be acceptable. I even sent a
message to bandmixmod1 to find out, but that person didn't respond to my inquiry. Cheap Trickster
#276798 by schmedidiah
Sun May 21, 2017 5:08 pm
It happens. Sorry about your bad experience, but no one is going to see this and not call this particular singer. no one is in a Cheap Trick tribute in your location looking for a singer..... besides you. :lol:
#276817 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 22, 2017 12:21 pm
Welcome to the reality of finding band members - anywhere. Lead singers that fit with your style are even harder to find. Expect to audition 10 people and you'll need 50 responses to find that many to audition. Post on the bulletin board of the local Guitar Center, craigslist ad, check out some open mics/jams.