This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#276700 by J-HALEY
Thu May 18, 2017 6:58 pm
I'll never understand why you bring a guitar to such a nice finish and then "relic" it? To hell with that I want my guitar nice and new looking!
#276723 by MikeTalbot
Fri May 19, 2017 1:58 am
Mr. Haley, you can buy them already debased by imaginary 'road wear' which really does seem silly to me. I like my stuff spiffy.

Besides, that might curse the guitar, starting off on a false notion like that.

Talbot
#276739 by GuitarMikeB
Fri May 19, 2017 12:42 pm
Yeah, I never understood that factory relicking either. For posers, I guess. My Tele has road wear - but it's authentic 45 years of road wear!
#276760 by Badstrat
Fri May 19, 2017 9:28 pm
Mine is a HBP Tele that looks brand new. It has an added single coil in the center and modified wiring. The bridge pickup is a 6/12K coil. (12K with a tap at 6K) A control between the 6K tap and the 12K end gives it a wide range of sounds. The middle and neck are in series forming a giant humbucker that sounds like a gig single coil without any hum. When the variable bridge pickup is paralleled with the"humbucker" you can get a variety of sweet tones as you move from 6 to 12K.

I usually play it when I plan on a lot of string bending that would keep a Strat somewhat out of tune.
#276769 by MikeTalbot
Sat May 20, 2017 2:42 am
Mine is a Tele Esquire, one of the old ones with one pickup. I've had it twenty five years and for some bizarre reason it has five slots in the selector switch and they are all different. I think Slacker may have addressed that at some point but I'm pretty lame electronically and probably didn't understand it.

It's the lightest action of any of my instruments. I currently have it set up K. Richards style with five strings, open G. Don't use it much so may convert it back to normal. Probably dumb to have my lightest action set up for slide.

My Lone-star Strat (H-S-S) is a real honey as well, but the best all time action for me? My recent model Firebird. Never played a friendlier guitar. Best action. Best sound.

Talbot