This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#274115 by DainNobody
Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:32 pm
This is females top choices so far.

Patty Loveless - Here I am or Jealous Bone
Kathy Mattea - 455 Rocket
Miranda Lambert - Roots and Wings or The House That Built Me
Roseanne Cash - Seven Year Ache or My Baby Thinks He's a Train
Johnny Cash - Folsum Prison Blues (yes...even a woman can sing this changing just one word) :)
Trisha Yearwood - Heaven, Heartache and the Power of Love

Dolly Parton - Jolene or Coat of Many Colors
Patsy Cline - Crazy
Eagles - Seven Bridges Road
KT Tunstall -Black Horse & The Cherry Tree
Terry Clark - Poor Poor Pitiful Me
Judds - Grandpa or Why Not Me

Duets:
Lady Antebellum - Need You Now
Johnny Cash/June Carte r - Jackson
Sammy Kershaw/Lorrie Morgan - He Drinks Tequila
Kid Rock/Sheryl Crow - Picture
Let's Duet - From Soundtrack "Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox Story"
#274536 by J-HALEY
Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:43 pm
Dayne, are these songs ya'll are doing in your band?
#274540 by DainNobody
Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:13 pm
we are working them up at each of our places as homework.. in reality our band meeting Wednesday night (@ Cut-Ups) will be at a pub in Bolivar, Mo. at 8:30 PM.. why so late? because of the noral conflicts with work and such.. no PA either, Tim has recently moved here from Arizona and believe he is in a temporary living situation, but we have discussed over the phone his fixing up a barn to rehearse in.. it might fall apart, but at least it's giving me something to in the mean time learning cover tunes again.. I have an ad on facebook Polk County Swap & Shop asking for rehearsal space, but no replies yet..
#274686 by DainNobody
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:29 pm
[b]New List received via text message: Thu Mar 16, 3:08 PM [/b]

1. Seven Year Ache - Rosanne Cash
2. Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
3.Heaven Heartache - Trisha Yearwood
4. The Power Of Love - Trisha Yearwood
5. Crazy - Patsy Cline
6. Poor Poor Pitiful Me - Terri Clark
7. Why Not Me - Judds
8. Girl Crush - Little Big Town
9. Can't You See - Marshall Tucker Band
10. Peaceful Easy Feeling - Eagles
11. Desperado - Linda Ronstadt (version)
12. Tequila Sunrise - Eagles
13. Here I Am - Patty Loveless
14. 455 Rocket - Kathy Mattea

Reply Reply to All Forw
#274699 by J-HALEY
Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:23 am
I hope it works out for you Dayne. We have a female singer now. Check out our website there is some new video. My Girlfriend shot it with a GoPro camera.
http://www.dazeofnite.com
#274865 by DainNobody
Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:19 pm
it might turn out and then it might not, Tim's new message was we have a temporary practice studio in Weableau and was actually supposed to go to a noonish rehearsal today.. but I told him Weableau is a 45 mile one way jaunt for me, won't be able to do it.. he mentioned car pooling, that might work if he wanted to be the transport vehicle 100% of the time..LOL.. he assured me it is a temporary space until the drummer gets the studio done in Bolivar.. we will see, don't know if he's pissed now or is hard up for a good lead guitarist still... time will tell.. :D
#274866 by DainNobody
Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:22 pm
oh and another thing, I have only been able to reach Tim one time by phone.. he has text messaged me 24 times..have I ever mentioned I am not a big fan of text messaging, even though it is somewhat cheaper than voice.. LOL
#274869 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:41 pm
Shouldn't pass up a few practices if its only temporarily going to be further away than you'd like.

Get a decent cell phone plan (there are lots of choices) texts and calls - all the same = $0.00 as long as they're in the continental USA.
#274882 by DainNobody
Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:08 pm
it's the principal of the thing..the rehearsals were to be in Bolivar area..not Wheatland.. if I have to drive to Wheatland I might as well drive to Ozark where there already is a studio set up.. 41 miles to Ozark, 45 miles to Wheatland..
#274916 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:37 pm
Got to drive where the others are!
It's 45 miles to the guy's house where Scrambled Eggs practices - I carpool with someone. We'll do a few practices at another guy's house, too, that's another 10 miles away. It's only for half a dozen practices, though, so not that big a deal. If you lived in Texas, that would be a short commute!