This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#274111 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:54 pm
1) There are Spambots that start a profile to post spam on the forums. Sometimes these get deleted from the forum, but not from the profiles section.
2) The search feature doesn't work all that well, as you've found out. I just usually use the 'state' listing, rather than search by town (there is a 'distance' feature, not sure how well that works either).
3) Yeah, a lot of 'wannabes' start profiles here, typically with no music/video/information, and they never return.
Check the 'active within...' status on any profile. If it's a month (or more), don't bother with it.
Don't subscribe (pay a monthly fee) until you find actual current profiles you want to contact - and even then you may only get 1 response out of 10 inquiries.
Use this place like you would any other online site to find bandmates (craigslist, for example).
#274113 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:46 pm
Those aren't 'paid for' ads - (the profile listings that repeat), its just a random thing. Even sorting by activity doesn't really work.
Some people turn off the email notice about messages on their profile, so they won't even know you sent a message. On craigslist, I've found that their 'anonymous' mail system quite often doesn't deliver the messages (only found out after someone sends a message that it's their '3rd time trying'). I put a blurb in my ad telling people that I always respond within 2 days - if they don't get a reply from me it means I didn't get their message. I also tell people to include their email address in their response - and only about 1 in 4 do that.
Besides advertising/responding to ads, get out to clubs/bars/open jams-mics, anything/everything in your area to network with others. I've been asked a few times about joining bands from these contacts, but unfortunately, none were what I was looking for,
#274122 by GuitarMikeB
Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:37 pm
Ok, they aren't 'paid ads', jut profile listings for premium members.
#274501 by schmedidiah
Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:01 am
Pat, you ready to talk about some music or what?! :lol:
#274528 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:07 pm
schmedidiah wrote:Pat, you ready to talk about some music or what?! :lol:

Nah, he just wants to complain about this place!
#274529 by schmedidiah
Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:19 pm
I just know that once we get past the funding mechanisms for this place, whether customer service cares about the membership and what we as members would change about this place, there's something music related coming down the pipe? Right? I mean.... COME ON! :lol:
#274713 by schmedidiah
Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:26 am
nah, stick around. you're a musician. we're musicians. we all found a musicians forum. let's talk about some danged music. :wink:
#274714 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:40 pm
You need a thick skin to be a real musician these days.

You come to these forums, don't discuss anything music-related, just voice off about the site itself, what'd you expect?