This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#273292 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:02 am
Is it 'rock', 'indie rock', or something else? I hate genre-fying. Recorded this last weekend, but took all week to work on the 'robot voice', using 2 different vocoders.

https://soundcloud.com/mikebirch/simulation-demo-2-9-17
Last edited by GuitarMikeB on Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
#273304 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:06 am
my__________willie wrote:you need help with your tunes seriously dude I'd tell you to call Jeff but memphis1 , Jeff and I all agree you're nowhere near ready for Jasir productions yet. But keep pickin' mike you'll get there one day :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

So I'm guessing 'Willie' and 'Not Ready' are one and the same, so his statement above is like "my myself and I", and his whole NotReady trolling has just been more of the same 'give me attention' troll behavior we say from WIllie every time.
#273306 by RGMixProject
Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:11 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:Is it 'rock', 'indie rock', or something else? I hate genre-fying. Recorded this last weekend, but took all week to work on the 'robot voice', using 21 different vocoders.

https://soundcloud.com/mikebirch/simulation-demo-2-9-17

Can I mix one of your songs? If so, how can I get your tracks?

If not just asking.
#273315 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:42 am
Jookeyman wrote:Mike - ever tried a ring modulator on vocals? I've used one very successfully to get the effect you're shooting for.

I just tried that, but didn't like what it did to the pitch, maybe using it at less than 100% wet in combination with the vocoder might do something interesting.

RGMixProject wrote:Can I mix one of your songs? If so, how can I get your tracks?
If not just asking.

If you want to try, I can drop box files for you - if you have Reaper, I can just send the whole project, otherwise I'll have to render each track to WAV. Might be a bit much to do for this one, discounting the muted tracks, and the FX buses, there's probably 25-30 tracks.
#273318 by RGMixProject
Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:53 am
I have Reaper
#273321 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:07 am
RGMixProject wrote:I have Reaper

Do you want to try it with this song, or another? I'll have to take all the FX off the tracks and save to a new project, because you won't have all the same FX and FX presets as I'm using. Right now that project folder is 1.2GB!
#273324 by RGMixProject
Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:04 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:
RGMixProject wrote:I have Reaper

Do you want to try it with this song, or another? I'll have to take all the FX off the tracks and save to a new project, because you won't have all the same FX and FX presets as I'm using. Right now that project folder is 1.2GB!

I'll work on this song.
I'll start with Reaper, move to another DAW and back to Reaper.