This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#281042 by mystr0
Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:54 am
@planetguy
Still playing pizza joints, planet? lol. A year later and you still got nothing better to do than pick fights in BM chatrooms...low class, redneck azz, hillbilly humor with racist under tones?..typical. Your opinions are as old as your haircut, upchuck. Rap about that.

I don't come here to try to fix this mess of a chatroom. You guys can lie all day & night and I could give two sh*ts. My goal is to get a pearl from a barrel of old azz oysters. Still digging...still stinks. lmao.
#281046 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:21 pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
'a year later' and still doesn't know the difference between an online forum (this place) and a 'chatroom'! :lol: :lol: :lol:
#281099 by Planetguy
Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:40 pm
sillymeReady wrote:@planetguy
Still playing pizza joints, planet?.

yep....pizza joints, cajun restuarants, bars, wineries, 70's style dancehalls, weddings, rehearsal dinners, private parties, festivals, etc.

that's what real WORKING musicians do, loser. and you.....you're still trying to find anyone who'll play with an inexperienced know-nothing who's never played anywhere but his mom's garage. best of luck with THAT. :wink:
#281109 by Planetguy
Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:44 pm
george1146561 wrote:
There aren't that many musicians playing Zydeco at Cajun restaurants. Which is a shame, as Zydeco is an underappreciated musical genre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d9dcPzxxtw

let me clarify....JAZZ A LOUISIANA KITCHEN isn't per se a "Cajun Restaurant". They are a restaurant that has a New Orleans theme and decor, that serves very good and affordable cajun dishes. And they do play Zydeco music over their sound system when bands aren't performing.

We do a few zydeco tunes.... and like that tune you linked, we do take tunes that aren't Zydeco and dress them up in a "second line" feel.

Like this version of "Blue Monk" for instance:
https://soundcloud.com/planetguy-1/blue-cajun-monk-planet-jazz

thanks for the link to "Can't Do That"...we might have to put that one in our book. 8)
#281115 by Vampier
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:46 pm
The KGB were replaced by the FSB in 1991 Planet Comrade.
#281117 by Planetguy
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:55 pm
Vampier wrote:The KGB were replaced by the FSB in 1991 Planet Comrade.

well, i guess you'd know who signs your paycheck! eh, Boris?
#281137 by Vampier
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:24 am
I have not gotten a paycheck from anyone, and never ever from a Russian in Decades. I just felt that your Lies might have more omph if they were at least correct on some of the major details. You might wish to consider that and do a bit of research before you Lie with your next GroundHog Display of creeping insanity ... NutBall.
#281140 by Planetguy
Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:43 am
Ah, so you VOLUNTEER your time.... THAT is real dedication to the cause.
#281149 by schmedidiah
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:36 pm
what's the deal with the silly me title Mempho? :idea:
#281277 by mystr0
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:19 pm
sillymeready is a combination of the phrase "silly me" often used when blaming yourself for something foolish and re@dyy my current musical alias. I changed it to avoid issues with other bands with monk (or monks) in their band names. Plus I needed to give my brand some novelty.

The Memphis Monks was a spark that fizzled over time. I will continue to remain creative and make the necessary changes needed to become relevant.
#286825 by schmedidiah
Fri May 25, 2018 1:35 pm
bump! :D

this post by willie was too damn good to let go to waste on a dumb political thread.

my willie wrote:why has no one mentioned " The Memphis Monkz" yet? the most obscure band of them all!! Despite new music and videos coming next week I have yet to see or hear them. But sadly Jeff is doing hard time for the 3 gallons of meth with intent to distribute , the 3 kilos of pot with intent to distribute , the 6 ounces of coke with intent to distribute, and the pictorial proof of the sexual harassment changes with intent to distribute that they found at Jasir productions. They did not find any music or videos though (that may have helped him with the sexual harassment changes) but they did find one casio keyboard with intent to not learn how to play it , a used TV set, with a play station one with various games, and computer running windows 95 along with cheap SM57 knockoff mic. All will be up for sale at the Shelby County Sheriff Departments auction next month.
#286835 by Planetguy
Fri May 25, 2018 6:45 pm
i just reread this whole page....whatta hoot!

ok, i guess i have to admit.....memphis was some fun to have around.

and damn my eyes if i don't miss his running commentary about me washing windshields at the Truck Stop!!!! :lol:

i'm heading there tonight for my first gig since surgery last thurs. i guess i'll be cleaning those winnders wif me left wing.
#293229 by schmedidiah
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:25 pm
sillymeReady wrote:sillymeready is a combination of the phrase "silly me" often used when blaming yourself for something foolish and re@dyy my current musical alias. I changed it to avoid issues with other bands with monk (or monks) in their band names. Plus I needed to give my brand some novelty.

The Memphis Monks was a spark that fizzled over time. I will continue to remain creative and make the necessary changes needed to become relevant.

Ready (Not Ready)
Memphis Monks
Silly Me

Last post - a year and a week ago. :lol:
#293999 by schmedidiah
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:08 pm
schmedidiah wrote:
sillymeReady wrote:sillymeready is a combination of the phrase "silly me" often used when blaming yourself for something foolish and re@dyy my current musical alias. I changed it to avoid issues with other bands with monk (or monks) in their band names. Plus I needed to give my brand some novelty.

Ready (Not Ready)
Memphis Monks
Silly Me

Last post - a year and a week ago. :lol:

I got on an old kindle since my phone is dead and it went to page 44 of this atrocity. :lol:

Now Not Ready is going by mystr0 :mrgreen: