This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#265866 by mystr0
Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:24 pm
@ruimusic And anybody giving their music away for free just to prove a point is stupid and/or broke. Biz is biz. I don't share my music...I shop it. Not everybody can obviously, but those of us that can...do. I'm suppose to put my music on a website over half its viewers aren't even paying to use? Yeah right. You want my music?.. Get in line. Its pretty long now.
#265869 by Planetguy
Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:48 pm
if you're worried about anyone stealing your music....you can always just put up a 30 second snippet of it.

that excuse for not sharing music begs the question.... are you also worried sharing a photo of yourself because you fear someone will steal your spirit???

and NO videos of previous bands? no audio recordings of you performing other's music...a Marvin Gaye cover, a Bobby Womack tune....nothing?
#265873 by mystr0
Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:07 pm
@ruimusic Now ur just trolling. Stop it. It makes you seem weak. I don't trust you...hence the anger and bitterness.

@planetguy yes, yes, all that is in the works. Works mind you... where I get paid for all that. Its not rocket science. I'm gonna make money doing this, period. You guys should know this already.
#265874 by Planetguy
Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:21 pm
memphis1 wrote:
@planetguy yes, yes, all that is in the works. Works mind you... where I get paid for all that. Its not rocket science. I'm gonna make money doing this, period. You guys should know this already.

what is it you think i or anyone doesn't know???? how to make money? how to promote their music? how to keep their calendar filled up w dates? or how to make a living playing music?

i would think YOU would know that sharing a 30 second snippet of your music, a video, a photo...a recording of a previous band..a performance of you covering a "standard"...none of that closes the door on any future earnings.

I wonder where you ever got such a paranoid idea and who put that notion in your head.

And BTW...you'll NEVER get paid for everything. Hopefully you'll see payoffs on your investments (time, energy and money spent) but no, you don't get paid for EVERYTHING you do.
#265888 by Planetguy
Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:18 pm
Jookeyman wrote:Uhhhhh..............................

And I don't even care if people think I'm funny 'cause I'm a big rock star and I make a lotta money!!!

And I only know THREE CHORDS!!!! Hahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Jook, it's early...are you already tucking into that IPA 6 pack of mine??!?!!!!!
#265896 by mystr0
Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:40 pm
@ruimusik Interesting. And your band is? How many albums sold? Sounds like you predicted your own pitiful career.

@planetguy You too, what makes you the expert? Let's be clear, I need musicians not advice. Save the bs career moves for your bands. That ain't what I'm here for.
Last edited by mystr0 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
#265898 by mystr0
Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:49 pm
@jook you still in here? Wow. You guys are like ants at a picnic. Better get my bugspray out fast.
#265899 by Planetguy
Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:53 pm
memphis1 wrote:
@planetguy You too, what makes you the expert? Let's be clear, I need musicians not advice. Save the bullshit career moves for your bands. That ain't what I'm here for.

where or when did i EVER claim to be an expert?

if you don't want opinions and advice you're sorely in the wrong place advertising for musicians. if you're gonna start a thread about anything music related you should expect people to weigh in with opinions and advice whether you ask for it or not.

Sorry bro, that's what happens on a MUSIC DISCUSSION BOARD. if you don't want any discussion and you have that thin of a skin when people weigh in.... as Schmed suggested to you earlier....you're better off limiting your ADVERTISEMENTS to c-list. Around here, people talk music and offer opinions and advice. solicited or not.

You don't have to be an expert to know that this biz ain't for the thin skinned. 8)
Last edited by Planetguy on Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#265901 by Planetguy
Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:56 pm
memphis1 wrote:@jook you still in here? Wow. You guys are like ants at a picnic. Better get my bugspray out fast.

yeah, why are you surprised? jook's a musician who loves talking music. sharing music, and weighing in on all things having to do w music.

did you think he was just a drive-by coming here to participate in just one thread?