This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#266996 by mystr0
Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:09 pm
Ok everyone. Time for updates.

First I'd like to congrad "lottalox" ( a BM vocalist who's on my list) for her performance on CW 30 Memphis Fri morning. I enjoyed her version of Aretha's "dr . feelgood" Lottalox if you reading this please call Jasir Productions now and ask for ready. Anyone who knows her can relay the message. I'm eager to work with her.

I'd also like to thank Planetguy personally for sending heather my way when she requested new music. I also commend ruimusik for his honesty about the role record labels play in the music biz and how its hurting the industry. I agree we should level the field.

Stay tuned for my new list of BM vocalists, bands and musicians I'd like to work with.
Last edited by mystr0 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#267510 by mystr0
Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:09 am
I guess so. Motown was known for having very talented musicians. Staxx too...

Here are some talent I've noticed on BM.

Vocalist:
Lottalox (of course)
kjratedpg1969
Darius Greer

Drums:
The Pops Moore
richard497581

Guitar:
Christopher Jones

Give me a call if you made the cut. New music this week plus pics. New show on the books so get with me asap to get in this gig.
#267513 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:21 am
memphis1 wrote:I guess so. Motown was known for having very talented musicians. Staxx too...

Here are some talent I've noticed on BM.

Vocalist:
Lottalox (of course)
kjratedpg1969
Darius Greer

Drums:
The Pops Moore
richard497581

Guitar:
Christopher Jones

Give me a call if you made the cut. New music this week plus pics. New show on the books so get with me asap to get in this gig.

You just don't get it, do you? People with profiles on BM are not coming to these forums.

Lottalox = joined in 2006, active over a month ago
kjratedpg1969 - active over a month ago
'richard497581' - profile started in 2012, active over a month ago

These people dont' even have audio samples on thier profiles - yet they're "just what you're looking for"?
#267515 by mystr0
Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:10 pm
@guitarmikeb
Yes, they are. I've heard these musicians and vocalists in one element or another. My research was a little more extensive. They are working musicians with talent and experience. I've had almost 1,000 views so I know its only a matter of time.
#267516 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:28 pm
#267522 by mystr0
Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:01 pm
@guitarmikeb
Who's failing? Me in my forum making connections or you attempting to offer advice on meeting musicians? Thanks, but I got this. Moving on.

@ready1
If that were true, it would mean all 20 would have to view my forum 50 times! Unlikely, but I noticed the forums you post barely get views or comments. Ouch...even with my old name, that's gotta suck. js
#267535 by mystr0
Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:56 pm
Wanna showcase your vocal talent? If you live in the Memphis, Bartlett, Covington, TN or Southeaven, MS areas... Let's jam! Ive got gigs waiting. Call me now at 901-385-0236. Tell Jeff you're from bandmix and your ready to get started. This is the real deal, so don't miss out.
#267537 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:37 pm
Fer F*cks sake, how many times have we told you that most of the 'visits' on this forum are BOTS! :shock:

#267559 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:27 pm
memphis1 wrote:Yes! New music on my BM profile. Just search my profile page "Ready" and check out "Ready's Planet". Its my version of Planetguy's three chord project. Enjoy. More to come this week....more music, pics and video.

I'd also be making comments on various topics I've notice in General Chat. Its gonna be cool. Get ready.

Hey whatever-your-name-is....welcome.

Did you ever notice how those who can, do....and those who can't, criticize?

You seem to be experiencing the standard procedure of how newbies are welcomed at the BM forums. This "initiation" is an immature form of razing, but everyone gets it so don't take it personal.

Let their plastic arrows bounce off your back. Its not hard to see that your skin is thick enough to take it. IF you stick around long enough, you might start getting some basic decency and respect from these guys. Maybe not...but their opinions are often wrong and have no importance beyond this little bitch-fest of a forum anyway.

Good luck with your band and mazal tov.
#267588 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:37 pm
yod wrote:
memphis1 wrote:Yes! New music on my BM profile. Just search my profile page "Ready" and check out "Ready's Planet". Its my version of Planetguy's three chord project. Enjoy. More to come this week....more music, pics and video.

I'd also be making comments on various topics I've notice in General Chat. Its gonna be cool. Get ready.

Hey whatever-your-name-is....welcome.

Did you ever notice how those who can, do....and those who can't, criticize?

You seem to be experiencing the standard procedure of how newbies are welcomed at the BM forums. This "initiation" is an immature form of razing, but everyone gets it so don't take it personal.

Let their plastic arrows bounce off your back. Its not hard to see that your skin is thick enough to take it. IF you stick around long enough, you might start getting some basic decency and respect from these guys. Maybe not...but their opinions are often wrong and have no importance beyond this little bitch-fest of a forum anyway.

Good luck with your band and mazal tov.

Ted - always the same barbs thrown out. Pay attention, this is the 2nd time this guy has been here and gone through the same stuff, we have all patiently tried to explain that there are very few people coming to this forum, yet he persists in thinking this is how to get people to join him. If you think posting on this forum is going to garner tons of contacts - which is what he thinks - then go ahead and join up with his 'band'. :roll:
Last edited by GuitarMikeB on Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#267592 by Planetguy
Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:22 pm
Also noteworthy is that when he showed up he was not met w plastic cutlery in the back or any other body parts.

In fact in an effort to be helpful I tried explaining a few simple basics.... That he needed to mention the genre of music, and that he might consider sharing HIS level of exp, some of his music, a video, or at least a photo of himself.

I also tried to explain that while HE is screening likely candidates and expects THEM to be forthcoming w info..... it is in fact a two way street..

Other' s offered up similar helpful advice. None of it was rcvd well.
#267670 by mystr0
Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:14 pm
Wow. ok. Well, don't let the commentary keep you from doing what you love. Call me now to get info on me and my new band. Joining is easy if you got the skills.

My critics are right. I haven't spilled all the beans, but that's because I don't have to. See... I'm following a method of band making that works for me, not them.

I hope that clears up any misunderstanding about what I'm doing here. So save the witty(angry) rants and enjoy the moment. New pics this week plus vid on venues (not open mics) here in the city.