This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#284284 by Planetguy
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:07 pm
Not exactly my cup of gefilte fish.... but an interesting sound collage all the same.
#284302 by Displaced Pianist
Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:20 pm
schmedidiah wrote:
Displaced Pianist wrote:Well I tried to listen to these, but for some reason, it just kept sayin' "buffering...buffering...buffering..." for like half an hour. Whassup w/ that?

SoundCloud is definitely a troubled website. it glitches out a lot of the time on desktop. it also makes you download the mobile app on mobile devices just to listen to a link you've clicked on in another site or app. so many people tell me on fakebook that they can't listen to my music. infuriating. oh well. :roll:

thanks for trying though. might work in a day or two. *fingers crossed*

Still the same: "buffering...buffering...buffering..." Tried the links P-Guy posted, same result. No way am I gonna go out, buy a dumb-phone, enter into a suffocating service contract, install an app (where I can't see the code) and allow myself to be pelted w/ ads 24x7 ('wake up! new ads coming in!'), just to listen to tunes. Next thing ya know, they'll require an adboo...er, fazebook acct. Just wonderin': if you click the 'like' button on a pic of a gorgeous nekkid babe, do they send you ads for feminine hygiene products?
#284303 by schmedidiah
Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:30 pm
hmmm..... do you have some serious adware on or something? I don't know why it isn't working. :shock:
#284305 by Displaced Pianist
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:12 pm
schmedidiah wrote:hmmm..... do you have some serious adware on or something? I don't know why it isn't working. :shock:

I use ABP, a well-known blocker that allows you to see--and modify--the code. When I turn it off, the ads come fast and furious, swallow up any available CPU and memory and sometimes force me to hard-boot to regain control (happens on youtube about once in every 25 vids I click; the TOU says you must agree to it). There are some sites that require you to turn off any ad-blocking software; when that happens, I either go in and whack the offensive code or, if they've done a really good job of hiding it, leave the site. If a site is saying I can't see/listen to the content unless I agree to allow 50 pop-up windows and watch 2 hours of ads, I figure it ain't nuttin' I need to see anyway. Unless I'm being well paid for my time...
#284307 by Planetguy
Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:32 pm
DP....i'm curious, instead of trying to click on the links....have you tried just copying the link and pasting it in your browser?
#284309 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:07 pm
Planetguy wrote:Not exactly my cup of gefilte fish.... but an interesting sound collage all the same.

Now that is a diplomat.

What a great guy!!!
#284313 by schmedidiah
Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:31 am
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:
Planetguy wrote:Not exactly my cup of gefilte fish.... but an interesting sound collage all the same.

Now that is a diplomat.

What a great guy!!!

Yeah he is. You????

Not so much!!! :lol:
#284315 by schmedidiah
Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:59 pm
Never claimed to be. You never answered my question about pigs. If they're so smart, then why did I just eat a pound of bacon? :lol:
#284318 by Displaced Pianist
Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:52 pm
Planetguy wrote:DP....i'm curious, instead of trying to click on the links....have you tried just copying the link and pasting it in your browser?

BM isn't the problem; to their credit, they don't 'hijack' links, track your browsing habits and sell the data. That's exactly what google does (and what you agree to when you use any google site, like youtube). Do a google search on anything, access a link in that search and watch the url window; it goes to google, NOT to the site you are trying to access. Once google is done scanning your browser (esp. history and cookies), collecting data and planting tracker code, then you can go to the site. In contrast, click a link in BM and you go directly to that site. Data mining is big biz. That's why the 4 most valuable companies on the planet are alphabet (google), adboo...er, fazebook, amazon and apple; they are all pioneers at it, and have been sued over it.

It just started w/ SC recently; used to be I could listen to anything there. I've looked at the code to try and figure out what they've done, but haven't found it yet.
#284322 by schmedidiah
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:18 pm
SoundCloud is a really dumb company from the top down. I wish I had a viable alternative to that site, but I don't think I do. Thanks for trying DP.
#284328 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:28 pm
Start a Bandcamp page, you can put as many songs on it as you want, set them to 'sell' at any price you want (including free), set how many songs people can stream/listen to for free before they have to pay, etc.
I don't know what good the SC 'community' really does - sure, you can get hundreds or thousands of 'followers', but what does that mean in the long run? Nothing.
#284336 by schmedidiah
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:14 pm
I tried to upload music on Bandcamp and it's not something I'm capable of. They make it too hard for my level of computer knowledge. So f**k em. Now's your chance to make fun of me like you have in the past. :lol:
#284337 by Displaced Pianist
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:33 pm
There's always the 'occam's razor' solution: post your new tunes here. If you're still on the freebie option, just rotate out the older stuff and post 3 new tunes (you can make them dnloadable if you want). If you spring for the $12.95 (or whatever it is these days), you can post as much as you want. Doesn't SC charge something? Not suggesting you need to dump SC, but if folks are having problems hearing your tunes there, that would seem like a big negative for a site that is designed to make your music accessible. Just sayin'...
#284338 by schmedidiah
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:51 pm
Duh. My entire SoundCloud profile is up on my profile here. It used to be limited to a certain number of songs but either something broke or they changed that. Check there. Let me know if that works. And nope. I've never paid Bandmix for their overrated service and I don't see that changing anytime soon. :mrgreen: