This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#284339 by schmedidiah
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:54 pm
Yeah I pay for a basic pro account at SC but it's worth it for me. And maybe a few folks here or on Facebook can't jump through the hoops, but at least there are plenty of folks on SC who do make it work.
#284357 by Displaced Pianist
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:08 pm
schmedidiah wrote:Duh. My entire SoundCloud profile is up on my profile here. It used to be limited to a certain number of songs but either something broke or they changed that. Check there. Let me know if that works. And nope. I've never paid Bandmix for their overrated service and I don't see that changing anytime soon. :mrgreen:

Can't say I blame you--I'm still a freeloader myself...and can listen to anything you post here. Used to be a limit on total file size; can't remember what it was, but I could only upload 2 tunes and a snippet of a third before I maxed out. Somehow you've managed to post a shatload. There's your answer, at least for those of us who litter the forum: post 'em here.

Btw, been watching the news? Adboo...er, fazebook seems to be swimmin' upstream in sewage. Yer personal data was sold to the Chump campaign. Analyzed, monetized, commiditized and sold to the highest bidder. Gotta be a good tune somewhere in there...
#284358 by schmedidiah
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:27 pm
:lol:

Yeah. Facebook is a sewer and I'm a satisfied resident of said sewer. Hey, you think I'd stick around here and talk to freaks like Glenny, Vamp and Dayne if I had any standards about this stuff? :mrgreen:
#284359 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:27 pm
Displaced Pianist wrote:
Btw, been watching the news? Adboo...er, fazebook seems to be swimmin' upstream in sewage. Yer personal data was sold to the Chump campaign. Analyzed, monetized, commiditized and sold to the highest bidder. Gotta be a good tune somewhere in there...

Facebook developed this data mining for politicians to help Obama win his elections. It didn't seem to bother any Democrats when he did it so it's hilarious to hear anyone whining now that it's ALLEGEDLY being used by Trump.

I've also learned that "allegedly" usually means "a false narrative designed to create illusions of doubt and fear" when used by Democrats. As in the BS "Russian collusion" allegations.

Back to the subject: I got the BM Pro account and there is no limit to data and uploads now.

I've probably met a half dozen serious musicians out of a hundred on BM

Last edited by t-Roy and The Smoking Section on Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#284360 by schmedidiah
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:32 pm
^truth
#284362 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:43 pm
schmedidiah wrote:^truth

I have noticed that you are the most active songwriter and demo producer of the current BM Forum users. It took me a while to get used to waking up in the same place, and now I've finally got my little DAW set up in the lower floor and could participate (some).

Its silly, but my dedicated computer for that is a 90s Pentium 4 IBM running Acid 4.0. - My kids used to destroy my computer when I left on tour, so I've kept this ancient fossil of a computer because they wouldn't want to play with it. They've grown up also.

But I'm used to the program and hate the learning curve of upgrading. That said, I have (some) time and ability to participate now. Probably have a few songs that could use a solo, if you want to give it a shot.

Probably would need a direct notice since I don't check in very often these days. I've met a hot woman and might disappear for weeks at a time.
#284365 by schmedidiah
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:55 pm
I'd be happy to try that when I get my laptop fixed. My email is on my SoundCloud profile.
#284367 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:07 pm
schmedidiah wrote:I'd be happy to try that when I get my laptop fixed. My email is on my SoundCloud profile.

tried to find schmedidah.....bupkis.

What's your profile name on SC?
#284369 by schmedidiah
Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:54 pm
yod wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:I'd be happy to try that when I get my laptop fixed. My email is on my SoundCloud profile.

tried to find schmedidah.....bupkis.

What's your profile name on SC?

Different name

https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/pallas-both-the-price-and-reward-for-incarnation-meezerpocalypse-remix
#284376 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:40 pm
schmedidiah wrote:I tried to upload music on Bandcamp and it's not something I'm capable of. They make it too hard for my level of computer knowledge. So f**k em. Now's your chance to make fun of me like you have in the past. :lol:

Really? I've got all my recorded/finished music up on Bandcamp, very easy to use. But the BEST thing about using BC is that you can upload full resolution files, and give people the option to download WAV, FLAC, MP3, etc. Soundcloud compresses your music through their own system, which can often leave strange artifacts, specially in the high frequencies (like cymbals). I definitely would not pay them for hosting anything. It's not like anything their 'pro' service offers is income-producing or more full-featured.
#284380 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:41 pm
schmedidiah wrote::lol:

Yeah. Facebook is a sewer and I'm a satisfied resident of said sewer. Hey, you think I'd stick around here and talk to freaks like Glenny, Vamp and Dayne if I had any standards about this stuff? :mrgreen:

DUDE YOU JUST CROSSED THE LINE WITH A GODLESS COMMENT LIKE THAT.

COME AT ME BRO...

FREAK!

You explain.
#284381 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:43 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You don't like us...
Do what you promised you were gonna do...

LEAVE!
#284383 by schmedidiah
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:01 pm
Explain what Glenny? You're a total piece of sh*t. Have a nice life. Hope you shoot yourself in the eye cleaning your precious gun. :lol:
#284395 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:39 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:I tried to upload music on Bandcamp and it's not something I'm capable of. They make it too hard for my level of computer knowledge. So f**k em. Now's your chance to make fun of me like you have in the past. :lol:

Really? I've got all my recorded/finished music up on Bandcamp, very easy to use. But the BEST thing about using BC is that you can upload full resolution files, and give people the option to download WAV, FLAC, MP3, etc. Soundcloud compresses your music through their own system, which can often leave strange artifacts, specially in the high frequencies (like cymbals). I definitely would not pay them for hosting anything. It's not like anything their 'pro' service offers is income-producing or more full-featured.

Damn! That was DAMN Good information GuitarMike. Thanks.
#284397 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:08 am
schmedidiah wrote:Explain what Glenny? You're a total piece of sh*t. Have a nice life. Hope you shoot yourself in the eye cleaning your precious gun. :lol:

You are right! I am a total piece of shiit... NOT!
I'm going to go blow my brains out cleaning my gun...NOT!
Thanks for helping so much and being such great guy.
You are doing some good stuff...

I love that one line in Amanda Lamberts song... "I'm feeling frisky, your feeling good... Looks like the whiskey is doing what it should".