This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#272404 by schmedidiah
Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:31 pm
try this. i'm limited on a tablet and that facebook in the link was wonky. site is weird, but it works for me. :)

https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/made-from-pallets
#272406 by RGMixProject
Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:49 pm
First of all let me start off by saying we haven't seen sunshine around here for a week now and to come on here and hear a new smiddy song puts a smile on my face like a refreshing ray of sunlight. Me because I think I'm a drummer would have gone with a more solid drum beat and tighten up the timing a little. The back ground guitar is nothing but pure genius.
#272407 by schmedidiah
Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:08 pm
Thanks RG. It's a weird one but the drums are all my fault. Sean isn't very experienced, and then we put him in a situation with keyboards that he couldn't even hear. He did pretty good, considering. The faux sax sound of the synth is what I was accentuating with my editing and we'll definitely be revisiting that in the near future. Thanks for the compliments on the guitar sound too. A dissected my rig real quick to add on the keyboard and didn't know what either would sound like for sure. It ended up pretty cool imo. :D
#272417 by Planetguy
Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:25 pm
that immediately stuck a big goofy grin on my face from the jump. and there it remained!

my fave bit and one i'd love to hear you expand on, is that bit where the vcls come in briefly at 5:30 and went for a WHOLE FIVE SECONDS!!!???? i mean, WTF!.... that was CRIMINALLY too short, man. you GOTTA do something to expand on that!

thanks. :D
#272424 by schmedidiah
Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:45 pm
:lol:

Thanks guys. No vocals, I swear! Just synth through a guitar signal chain (EHX Cathedral reverb, Boss Tremolo 2, EHX Germanium 4 Big Muff to a Marshall amp, mic'd).

Jook, do we still need a bass player? :mrgreen:
#272426 by Planetguy
Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:08 pm
schmedidiah wrote::lol:

Thanks guys. No vocals, I swear! Just synth through a guitar signal chain (EHX Cathedral reverb, Boss Tremolo 2,

wha....that "vcl" sounding bit at 5:30 is a synth???? whatever it is....that was a cool move!
#272442 by schmedidiah
Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:11 am
Planetguy wrote:

Thanks guys. No vocals, I swear! Just synth through a guitar signal chain (EHX Cathedral reverb, Boss Tremolo 2,

wha....that "vcl" sounding bit at 5:30 is a synth???? whatever it is....that was a cool move!

Went back and listened. It's the synth cranked down several octaves, but it does sound cool. Will have to keep that in mind for future projects. Here's how the G4 Big Muff squashes guitar tone as you can hear on my songs (and this synth). He starts to mess with the volts knob all the way down at about the 2:15 mark.

https://youtu.be/iQk9F8x83wQ

Jookeyman wrote:

Thanks guys. No vocals, I swear! Just synth through a guitar signal chain (EHX Cathedral reverb, Boss Tremolo 2, EHX Germanium 4 Big Muff to a Marshall amp, mic'd).

Jook, do we still need a bass player? :mrgreen:

I don't know, bro. That unison octave vibrato was pretty cool!! 8)

Thanks Bro 8)
#272452 by schmedidiah
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:14 pm
Sambop wrote:Nice mix Schmeddy!!
Sounds like the recycled vinyl records from the late 70s that had little undissolved paper chunks in the vinyl. :lol:
Great fuzz guitar sound!

Thank you Sambop!

You might like this one even more.

That's right. New upload, to seize upon my literally dozen of viewers (fans) this week (including someone in Memphis, TN(*stalker*)). :lol:

https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/drone-2-ad-infinitum

More looper pedal madness/ Psychedelic rock....... :mrgreen:
#272776 by schmedidiah
Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:25 pm
Proving that is we who are not Not Ready, Jook and I have teamed up on this glorious cop show theme parody.

https://m.soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/postcards-from-melvins-featuring-jookeyman

No midi components were harmed during this production. Don't forget to spay or neuter your casio keyboards, folks.

:wink:
#272779 by Planetguy
Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:47 pm
tunes and laughs.....that's why I come here!

good one there, boys! quite creepy. and i'm digging the guitar/bass Thunder-something p/u.
it sure works great on that one!

if i may be so bold as to give some advice.....leave the amount of fake midi crap right where it's currently at!!!
it's got JUST the right amount of faked playing and purloined midi files as fuking is!

and one more bit....the title. hearing the tune...the first that came to my head was "Against My Will" which quickly morphed into "Whippoorwill"! it didn't last long there tho as the music strongly leans towards the former! :D