This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#10423 by johnnya
Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:41 pm
I wish bandmix would showcase its members who have things ready to show agents, producers, clubs, you know represent us for big time auditions, example they hear of ozzy or skid row or any well established unit looking for musicians, well they say this profile, and so and so is on our (wish i had a opportunity list) . I figure if a effort is made to promote thier clients, bandmix would become sought after to look for new musicians, I would think that those who have paid to be members would get that chance and those who have a free profile would also get checked out, but thats where a demo and pics come in handy, but i think everyone gets the picture, bandmix would be like a agent in the sense of just giving us a chance by networking to agents in the music industry, one of us makes it, they'll be knocking on all our doors, and this could be big or bigger than other sites like this. 8)

#10425 by N1GHTM4R3GR33N
Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:16 pm
maybe they should
#10447 by Jacquee Rae
Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:12 pm
I tend to agree that promoting oneself is of utmost importance; however, what does bandmix's tagline say? Connecting musicians. Isn't that in itself a sort of promotional tool. They are already half way there.
And to be honest, I think it would be a win win situation simply because the more success that it's members have, the more successful bandmix will become.
Until of course there are no musicians left with out a band... maybe this could be the new Presidential candidate platform... a bill to leave no musician behind. hahah. Ok, so I am getting a little CRAZY here, BUT I do have to say that I do think that there is some validity in what johnnya has suggested.

#10457 by johnnya
Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:06 am
do you have a free profile frontman or did you pay a year membership? Dont mean to sound like a buthole, its like dah, i know what i have to do, and ive done it, it would be cool to have someone lend a helping hand, and i do that for new bands, i spotlite them 2 songs in my gigs, so i feel people need to get off the jealous of others and help each other out, i have told some bands not from around here about gigs to get in south texas, i have lived and seen all types of stuff in my life, nd done all my videos, recordings, tv appearances on my own. now i think ill go out and find a agent :lol:

#10491 by The KIDD
Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:12 pm
Hey Gang,

Yeah , It really depends which level of the bis your working as to how best to network...Most of the local agencys around my area have gone outta bis or are no longer handling a musician referral service...Looked at the ad board at your local music store lately? Its not exactly teaming with work opps...Trouble is, on here, everyone is a light yr away from one another :cry: ...I used to be able to call 3 agents in WV, WI and MS and be workin that week....Hell, I used to move 3-400 mi to join a band that worked 5-6 nites week.SOOOO, I with that said, I think we need some extra help nowdays since the oldfashion way(not enough work to keep it supported) has about gone outta existence....Hey Johnnya, Is the Purple Sage still happinin in Uvalde?..cool club, used to play there in the late 80s'.....

John

#10541 by The KIDD
Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:02 pm
Hey Brian,

I know where your comin from man, I just have seen this bis degredate so far in my 30 yrs I hate being a realist...It bums me out :lol: I havent play in LEX in a while but Im sure you'll admit the club scene is NOT what it was in 78 or 88 or even 98...I think we all take the internet for granted becuase IT is practically free...I know everytime I cant find what I want or feel a site hasnt provided me with enough info or is kinda vague, I feel like Ive been cheated :lol: I just long to be back on the circuit and feel like time is runnin out so I look for any form of communication that will get me back on the road...You got me thinkin on how many gigs Ive played...My estimate is between 7500--8000 :lol: ...I know I drank 63,860 beers from 74--86..I quit countin after that...Anyway, I think we all know this is a bis..We just wanna connect with like minded people...I actually think providing the baord for free IS alot and Im thankful I getta talk to you "Kinks" of society out there.. (OH , not me...surely) :lol:

John

#10544 by Vocals & Bass
Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:23 pm
We'll get it on the road KIDD! Just give me time to get prepaired. Talk is cheap, As you know. Knowing what we are capeable of as musicians is what 'CLICKS' & counts. Will be in touch soon Bro!....VB. 8)

#10546 by The KIDD
Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:34 pm
Well....hmmm...Ok now..Now ..now wait a minute....now I I gotta have my 500 aweek,my own room,and gas $$ so I can drive my van...SHIIIT, Hell, Ill take 200 a week , no room, no gas $$ just to have MY past back... :lol:

John

#10547 by The KIDD
Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:50 pm
Hey Brian ,

Yeah , I do know what ya mean...The bar has been lower over the yrs...Im like those spoiled baby boomers they talk about..I had my way for so long..I took alot for granted back then.. .When I turned 21, I had 3 road yrs behind me..I thought it would be like this till I was 65 or too old to drum...Seems like a different planet now..Yeah , all the gigs we played in LEX were 5-6 niters for the most part ...I lived 5 years in ORD(chicago) ...the scene was good there 89-94...Got homesick.. :cry: ...NOW, im bitchin cuase my little hometown wont take care of me anymore (no 6 nites a week) :lol: ...

John

#10550 by The KIDD
Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:17 pm
Yeah , tell me about it (40yr old vrs 20 yr old body..LOL).....I was playin a gig about 8months ago and I actually have flashbacks sometimes...We were doing "Cant get enough"and I used to jump over the kit and front of the stage and land on the dance floor to end that tune...I saw a girl who was about 23-24 dancin and it looked like Rhonda from 86.The tune and that girl flashed me back to when I was 26 and I leaped over my kit to show off but didnt land too good... :P Yeah , I never found a subsitute (real job)for the road so Im still swimmin in that same ole fish bowl...Yeah , I guess Ill keep payin dues...Yeah , a lead singer IMO works as hard as I do..I drum 2-3 hrs a nite to keep in shape incase somebody invents a time machine :lol:

john