This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#239227 by Badstrat
Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:05 am
I was jamming with my Zoom G3 and found some inspiring settings on it. This is a "stereo only cut". It has very wide stereo separation, and when hearing it mono, almost all of the effect is lost. It just kinda sounds like mush.

"She Talks in Her Sleep" came out of jamming with my Zoom G3 pedal. I found a great octave box and a acoustic preamp. It only took a couple seconds to go nuts with the octave box and I kept the riff going until it needed lyrics. Then I played the riff as I sang using the octave box and chorus. Then I played the lead again with just the chorus and a clean pre amp setting. After I recorded that I ran the instrumental section through another phase shifter pair.
It wasn't intended to morph into a song but it just got out of hand. The title was changed to "Incubus" after the second verse.

"She Talks in Her Sleep" / "Incubus"

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13044487
#239301 by Badstrat
Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:21 pm
Thanks Jim,

I forgot about Billy it has been so long since I heard ZZ Top. Sharp Dressed Man and Legs are actually the only hits I have heard by them as they were used for commercial purposes for several product ads. I really do like them. Both of those songs had a lot of drive. I never did listen to music on the radio.

This song was fun to play. Funny how it morphed from a woman talking in her sleep into her being tempted by a mythical spirit being and being eager to meet him every night. I do find it enjoyable when a song takes over and tells me what it wants instead of going the way I planed it. I think I feel a thread coming on.

Maybe it was the air I was inhaling at the time. :)
#239304 by schmedidiah
Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:15 pm
I grew up on 80's ZZ Top, but come on! Go back to the 70's stuff, man! :D
#239306 by J-HALEY
Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:51 pm
Hey Jimmy, your not a true cowboy if you don't have a little bullshit on your boots. :D
#239535 by DainNobody
Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:06 am
when does a well endowed succubus or plural succubi step into the picture? :lol:
#239536 by DainNobody
Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:07 am
when does a well endowed succubus or plural succubi step into the picture? :lol:
#239679 by Badstrat
Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:34 am
"when does a well endowed succubus or plural succubi step into the picture?"

Well actually it doesn't. Turns out that she's just an old dream ho teaser. I re recorded parts of it because the octave box bass line was breaking up. I git rid of most of that and I left the guitars with a far mellower sound in order to un-clutter it a bit more. I believe it is better. I'm done with it for the time being, but I think I can increase the production a whole lot down the line.. :)

She Talks in Her Sleep .... new upload

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13055482
#239730 by Badstrat
Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:58 pm
Thank you Mike. This is one of those songs that started out fun but rapidly turned into a PIA. Something about the tracks being kept at lower levels but evidently the digital conversion added artifacts when all mixed together. There was a lot of FX in the mix, maybe that is where it comes from, but much lower than the first attempt of mixing it down. Thank you for your input. :)
#282738 by DainNobody
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:44 pm
excellent post Gary