This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#237439 by Deadguitars
Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:02 pm
yod wrote:Is this any relation to Tennessee Jed?

I have his CD, met him in Asheville NC

no relation but sounds like the same family tree
:mrgreen:
#239692 by schmedidiah
Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:56 pm
Dead dead dead. Today. :(
#239729 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:14 pm
Well, what'd you expect on a Saturday?! :wink: Should be gigging. practicing, or doing errands! I seldom check this place on the weekends. Saturday I had songwriting circle in the afternoon, DVD night with my wife, then Sunday went to a movie in the morning, and watched the Daytona 500 in the afternoon (after more snowblowing, of course).
#239737 by schmedidiah
Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:53 pm
Yeah, I'm homebound. Sick. Bored. No life. :roll:
#239786 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:07 pm
I hate it when I'm so sick I don't feel like playing. Hope you feel better soon.
#239963 by DainNobody
Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:56 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
whittle28 wrote: CHECK OUT MY GUITARCOVER I HAVE FOR SALE AND MIKE I DESIGNED IT AND IT'S A HOT ITEM Whittle

SPAM is not appreciated here. Reported.

I could have had use for that item, but the way you(guitarcover-guy) went about advertising turned my stomach, I would have contemplated a purchase if you had used the correct means to trade.. :? :?
#239978 by Badstrat
Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:55 pm
This forum is gar from boring. (About his far >l< ) I am a member of 4 other forums and some haven't had a post for 3 months to a year. I believe it is because we are so content with our lives these days. :)
#239980 by schmedidiah
Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:33 pm
You guys should see me on my main forum. 5569 posts in 16 months. I'm on there morning, noon, night. Plus two secret identity profiles. I have a lot of friends there, and as you could probably imagine, some folks who just can't stand me. :D
#243389 by schmedidiah
Sun May 17, 2015 3:10 am
Dead dead dead. Deadest day ever. :roll:
#243410 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 18, 2015 1:07 pm
schmedidiah wrote:Dead dead dead. Deadest day ever. :roll:

There's better things to do on Sundays than read this forum! On the whole weekend, for that matter!

Friday night I went out and saw 3 different acts/players - all folks I know in the local circuit. Best was a guest lead guitarist who sat in with one band and did The Thrill is Gone as a tribute to B.B. He was using an old SG, but really got some good sounds going.
Saturday afternoon I had my local Songwriter Circle, then caught most of the Nascar All-Star race that night.
Sunday I took my wife out to a goat farm-soap maker open house and lunch at the Red Hook Brewery. Last night, worked on some remixes on my currrent songs-in-process.
#243412 by schmedidiah
Mon May 18, 2015 1:13 pm
Says you. I'm trapped under house arrest, a slave to the mad whims of a tyrannical four year old dictator. :roll:
#243418 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 18, 2015 1:27 pm
schmedidiah wrote:Says you. I'm trapped under house arrest, a slave to the mad whims of a tyrannical four year old dictator. :roll:

Well, that's a decision YOU made! When I got married 15 years ago (this July), that was one thing my wife and I were definite about - no kids, as we didn't want to change our lifestyles that way -nor woudl we want to be in hock for the next 20+ years!
I've met a number of people in the last few years who made the same decision - have kid(s), put away the music for 15 or more years, and come back to it when the kids are grown up and no longer need daily supervision/driving around to activitites, etc.
#243420 by schmedidiah
Mon May 18, 2015 1:36 pm
Thanks for the encouragement! :roll: :lol:
#243424 by Planetguy
Mon May 18, 2015 2:07 pm
i'm too busy for this place most weekends... this weekend three gigs and MUCH driving. i did a two hr drive saturday to do a 2:00 - 5:00 solo gig, then 90 min drive to next gig (heading BACK closer to home). sunday....laid around being a slug.

re: kids.....when my wife and i married 37 yrs ago we both agreed...no kids. we decided the madness needed to end w us and felt no need to saddle offspring w our DNA. we also felt strongly about the relationship we wanted w one another. kids change that.

we've all seen couples in restaurants (and elsewhere) dealing with kids and never interacting w one another.....face it, if you're raising kids (the RIGHT way) that takes a major commitment of time and energy. knowing that, we felt adoption was an option should we ever change our mind. we never did and we've never regretted our decision.

that said....my hat's always been off to people who do parenting well.