This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#236546 by gtZip
Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:59 pm
This place is an abandoned mining town now.
Shame... :(
#236553 by MikeTalbot
Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:34 am
Aw come on Gt - you and I are still here.

And because this is a music forum I'll tell about a cool gadget I just got - called (somewhat inappropriately) 'the guitar wheel.' I already had the 'chord wheel' which is fairly useful - circle of fifths and so on.

The 'Guitar Wheel' has more info than i thought could be squeezed into that much space - one side is mostly guitar info, scales, chords, modes, all points in between. The other side is music theory useful for guitarists, pianists and others. It is in fact a wheel, as you turn it it changes keys. Very useful. (at least to me)

At $9.00 I got one for myself and one for my friend's daughter who is 9 and studying music.

Be of good cheer.
Talbot
#236559 by schmedidiah
Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:32 am
/\ That's great stuff, Talbot. Now, if only it had some footballs or T & A on it, the guys I play with could check it out. :roll:
#236572 by MikeTalbot
Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:29 am
There is a reason that folks used to consider musicians and actors to be of the baser type... 8)

But hell - I've actually known musicians who could read!

Talbot
#236578 by schmedidiah
Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:32 am
That was great! :lol:
#236581 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:33 pm
these forums have never been THAT active in the last few years, except when heated arguments started up about some political thing or other.
For those who can't cough up $10 for a month of premium membership .... less than the cost of 2 beers (+ tip) at your local watering hole ... Some (smart) people will put a way to be contacted into their profiles ... some start a profile and never return. Both of my last band gigs came from this place ... I've had a number of people come to my open mics (including 1 last night who played and another guy who just came to check it out because he was late) from the messages I've sent out through Bandmix.
#236590 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:51 pm
whittle28 wrote: CHECK OUT MY GUITARCOVER I HAVE FOR SALE AND MIKE I DESIGNED IT AND IT'S A HOT ITEM Whittle

SPAM is not appreciated here. Reported.
#236591 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:58 pm
fletch1027449 wrote:I'm glad some good is coming from here for somebody AND YES that guitarist I wanted to get in touch with should have made a way so people could get in touch with him like "check out this site or that" but no. I don't drink beer and I have no idea what it costs. So money is not an issue. It's other factors like --maybe the idea of paying is good for the owners but may be a hinerance for guys like me. So they don't need me anyway AND I've been playing in bands a LOOOONNNGGGG time. I've done okay up untill now so I'm good to go without spending the cash. Still... It kind of bugs me that I'll not be able to contact that guitarist. He probably lives down the street and he'll not get a chance at the no brainer great gig he might be able to get with our band. He sounded like the right guy and looks like it too. His handle is Scotty Moe-- In Ohio...early 40's..... searched on line- no go... Facebook too. Okay the way I'm ranting may get me kicked off here. I don't think this site sucks and I really haven't said anything bad except "I can tell it's deader here than a flat spider what got smished in a door jam".

No, that won't get you banned. WHen did 'Scotty Moe' last access his profile (its shown on the profile) - that'll give you an idea how long its been since he came to BM (all you need to do is sign in and your profile updates automatically).
#236601 by gbheil
Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:31 pm
Not dead . . . recuperating from a near fatal illness . . . but not dead.
Myself with the new dreaded day job pulling 12 hour shifts, dealing with family, and a busy band schedule I've just not had a lot of time.
Will be posting more music ( like I did today ) as it comes along.

:D
#236605 by AirViking
Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:51 am
I poke in every once in a while, just to see some familiar faces. But the forum has really came to a grind lately.