This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#249510 by schmedidiah
Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:53 pm
Nice! :D
#249536 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:26 am
Michael Lasko of TAXI is an engineer and has some great advice (free) on the TAXI.com site and the forums at TAXI have that kind of stuff. You can record a full band with one mic. It will sound horrible, but can be done. :wink:

A bass should always go direct. You can ALSO mic the amp if you want. Separation of the instruments is the point of recording and mixing though, so it's best to isolate all amps/instruments from other amps/instruments if you're going for a clean sound. Not that hard to do.
#267952 by schmedidiah
Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:02 pm
Bump! :o
#280542 by schmedidiah
Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:32 pm
still a home studio guy here :lol:
#285549 by MooG8tor
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:47 pm
I'm screwing up one recording at a time and it's at home, does that qualify? It's a steep learning curve coming from an old Fostex 4 track tape machine to a DAW like Reaper. I've been playing guitar on and off since my 20's but never as seriously as the past few years. Never electric guitar either until life threw me a little "surprise". It keeps me out of trouble & makes the wife and dog miserable. The cat loves it but she's deaf AF
#285610 by schmedidiah
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:03 pm
I'm in the same boat mooG8tor. That's why I decided to master the hated and underrated audacity free recording software. I actually like it. Because it matches my skill level on that there computer doohickey. :wink:

Re:

#285619 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:29 pm
gtZip wrote:Would you mind running through the details Talbot?

Oh my goodness .

Where the heck have you been?

Sorry it is so great to even hear your name.

Any one wants some help with computer recording...

Damn.
#285653 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:08 pm
Zombie thread (old one revived by a newcomer)
#285655 by schmedidiah
Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:18 pm
This thread should be as active as the dumb vampire guy's abysmal thread. :mrgreen:
#285661 by Displaced Pianist
Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:42 pm
schmedidiah wrote:I'm in the same boat mooG8tor. That's why I decided to master the hated and underrated audacity free recording software. I actually like it. Because it matches my skill level on that there computer doohickey. :wink:

I'm w/ you, Schmeddy. Got turned on to Audacity by someone in here, long ago, in a thread where they were squawkin' 'bout folks not having any clips in their profile. Dnloaded it (free!), plopped it on a spare laptop and viola--instant home studio.

I guess my Korg would qualify as a DAW, since it has dual 16-track sequencers, EQ, etc., but it doesn't have the functions Audacity has (and that I still haven't mastered). I can record the tracks into the Korg, then run them back inline into Audacity (no mics needed). True, it ain't as good as someone like Ted or Mike can do, but since I don't have those skills... Did I mention the "free" thing?