Page 1 of 4

What's Wrong with a Genuine General Chat sub-category

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:22 pm
by BestGuitarist
is it not odd that you lump in "has to be music related" rules to a category on any other forum means just that GENERAL CHAT.. in logical terms to have a general chat category with a stipulation of "must be music related" would be like having a ham radio forum but must include talk about CB radios too.. consider this my last post if things do not change for the betterment of having lively dialogue and debates.. there are plenty of forums on the world wide web, that do not have stipulations.. reason I am leaving is because S does not have manners and broke the bandmix rules by being dis-respectful towards me.. I see nothing positive about calling somebody a retard when they are not.. outright lie .. won't be back until it changes... so long ..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:13 pm
by Planetguy
i agree....it is bass-ackwards. every other forum i've been at approaches it just the opposite. "General" is the catch-all for all things that are well...general, and not specific to raison d'artre of the particular site.

as long as i've been here, General Chat has always been a catch all for EVERYTHING including music, movies, politics, religion, sports, friendly and not so jousting, etc.

i really don't believe anyone...forum members, moderators, or admin gives a rat's a$$ about what's posted here as long as it's not spam or obvious trolling.

and trolling includes willy (and his other alias') AND glen trolling w post after post attacking everyone and crapping on one thread after another w his nonsense... all in some twisted quest of making a point.

glen, if your goal was to prove to everyone what jimmy and i had long figured out about you.....congrats, w a cpl of exceptions you've succeeded in getting across what a $hit you can be.

i have no doubt you COULD do better but your competiveness and ego won't let you walk away from a jihad you've deemed life and death, all important. you've started a holy war you'll never win...but you can't just let it be and walk away from it because you're too prideful.





back to you dane...i hope you stick around and i'd suggest you consider the source of any insults and slights tossed your way. we're musicians....we have (or should have) thick skins. and sometimes people just say things and it's easy to give those slights more weight than the person saying them intended.

    PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:30 pm
    by GuitarMikeB
    Dayne - its easy to put someone on 'ignore' here, they soon get tired of talking to themselves ...

    Most forums I'm on have fairly well thought-out structures and off-topic (i.e in this case non-music) subjects have a separate area than 'general' category. Some forums even have two such places, one for regular off-topic subjects and one with "anything goes", meaning insults, profanity, X photos, you name it - the owneres consider the 'warning' on the index page enough to cover their asses.
    And other than in the 'anything goes' places, I have seen some pretty strict enforcement of rules - insults, banned subjects, etc get deleted or posts edited quickly.

    On a different subject (oh-oh, need a place for that!), Dayne and Mark - hope you guys have escaped all the violent weahter I've seen on tv out there in MO.

    PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:22 pm
    by ANGELSSHOTGUN
    Planetguy wrote:i agree....it is bass-ackwards. every other forum i've been at approaches it just the opposite. "General" is the catch-all for all things that are well...general, and not specific to raison d'artre of the particular site.

    as long as i've been here, General Chat has always been a catch all for EVERYTHING including music, movies, politics, religion, sports, friendly and not so jousting, etc.

    i really don't believe anyone...forum members, moderators, or admin gives a rat's a$$ about what's posted here as long as it's not spam or obvious trolling.

    and trolling includes willy (and his other alias') AND glen trolling w post after post attacking everyone and crapping on one thread after another w his nonsense... all in some twisted quest of making a point.

    glen, if your goal was to prove to everyone what jimmy and i had long figured out about you.....congrats, w a cpl of exceptions you've succeeded in getting across what a $hit you can be.

    i have no doubt you COULD do better but your competiveness and ego won't let you walk away from a jihad you've deemed life and death, all important. you've started a holy war you'll never win...but you can't just let it be and walk away from it because you're too prideful.





    back to you dane...i hope you stick around and i'd suggest you consider the source of any insults and slights tossed your way. we're musicians....we have (or should have) thick skins. and sometimes people just say things and it's easy to give those slights more weight than the person saying them intended.


      This post is irrelevant to music. This is a music forum. This is also a disrespectful libel of your own opinion that directs certain slang terms to be used. This has just been reported to the administrators. Sorry that is what has to be done to allow us to focus on music.

      PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:28 pm
      by ANGELSSHOTGUN
      Furthermore, your contact information should not be included in your posts.
      That is in violation of the bandmix rules. Ask Mike.

      Are you a full paying member? Are you above the "RULES" ? This will be reported.

      PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:39 pm
      by BestGuitarist
      GLEN, there is a fine line here about what is considered legal and illegal to do.. I don't think Mark stepped over the line with that.. but if you are reading into it maybe more than me, ?? you will be disruptive to the board and they might begin to censor you.. :lol: :oops: :?:

      PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:49 pm
      by Planetguy
      Dayne Nobody IV wrote: I don't think Mark stepped over the line with that.. but if you are reading into it maybe more than me, ??


      dayne, please meet glen.

      glen, say hello to dayne.

      PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:12 pm
      by ANGELSSHOTGUN
      Dayne Nobody IV wrote:GLEN, there is a fine line here about what is considered legal and illegal to do.. I don't think Mark stepped over the line with that.. but if you are reading into it maybe more than me, ?? you will be disruptive to the board and they might begin to censor you.. :lol: :oops: :?:


      Dayne, this is a non musical post. Please read the headline. This is no longer relevant to bandmix. I will have to report you. Ask mike... He knows all the rules and will be glad to share them again. I happen to agree with all those rules.

      PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:42 pm
      by J-HALEY
      GuitarMikeB wrote:Dayne - its easy to put someone on 'ignore' here, they soon get tired of talking to themselves ...

      Most forums I'm on have fairly well thought-out structures and off-topic (i.e in this case non-music) subjects have a separate area than 'general' category. Some forums even have two such places, one for regular off-topic subjects and one with "anything goes", meaning insults, profanity, X photos, you name it - the owneres consider the 'warning' on the index page enough to cover their asses.
      And other than in the 'anything goes' places, I have seen some pretty strict enforcement of rules - insults, banned subjects, etc get deleted or posts edited quickly.

      On a different subject (oh-oh, need a place for that!), Dayne and Mark - hope you guys have escaped all the violent weahter I've seen on tv out there in MO.

      We are all waiting for this to happen with you and Planetfag I guess you have to stop you peter puffin first! I'm just waiting for you to sensor my post? I'm a paying member are you?
      Go ahead I dare you, Mr. Cack hacker! :lol:

      PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:43 pm
      by J-HALEY
      MikeE do you own a Ford?

      For U MikeE

      PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:48 pm
      by J-HALEY

      PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:49 pm
      by GuitarMikeB
      J-HALEY wrote:MikeE do you own a Ford?


      No. But I have a couple of Fenders! :lol:


      J-HALEY wrote:
      GuitarMikeB wrote:Dayne - its easy to put someone on 'ignore' here, they soon get tired of talking to themselves ...

      Most forums I'm on have fairly well thought-out structures and off-topic (i.e in this case non-music) subjects have a separate area than 'general' category. Some forums even have two such places, one for regular off-topic subjects and one with "anything goes", meaning insults, profanity, X photos, you name it - the owneres consider the 'warning' on the index page enough to cover their asses.
      And other than in the 'anything goes' places, I have seen some pretty strict enforcement of rules - insults, banned subjects, etc get deleted or posts edited quickly.

      On a different subject (oh-oh, need a place for that!), Dayne and Mark - hope you guys have escaped all the violent weather I've seen on tv out there in MO.

      We are all waiting for this to happen with you and Planetfag I guess you have to stop you peter puffin first! I'm just waiting for you to sensor my post? I'm a paying member are you?
      Go ahead I dare you, Mr. Cack hacker! :lol:


      No idea what you are trying to say. I'm a premium member. How many times do I have to say I'm only deleting obvious troll/spam posts? Don't turn into a GLen-troll.

      PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:56 pm
      by J-HALEY
      If your a liberal faggot status quo is fine right MikeE and planetfaggot?

      PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:35 pm
      by Starfish Scott
      This is hilarious, but sad.

      Dane, I know you aren't a retard. :oops:
      Are you that sensitive? Geeze.

      And if I actually made you quit Bmix, wouldn't that give me special voodoo powers like when Hannibal Lecture whispered the guy in the cell next door and the guy hung himself. (ooh) lol (Gotta try that on my relatives next holiday season.)

      PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:52 pm
      by GuitarMikeB
      No matter how slanderous you are to me Haley, I'm not going to delete your posts, but you might want to think what the two new 'moderators' may do - let me just warn you and others that 'big brother' is watching and making notes.