This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#234121 by Planetguy
Fri May 30, 2014 7:37 pm
talbot, i hope you don't mind me bringing this over to "general"

MikeTalbot wrote:Mike

I strongly suggest you truly ignore Glen. Arguing with him is exactly what he wants. I had thought that he was a cool guy, just bit grouchy. I was wrong - he seems to live to screw up threads and discourage new folks.

I can't find an instance where he helped anyone. This has to stop - you can help by just ignoring him and at least cut the battles down a bit - same to Planet and Dane et al. These battles seem to be the only reason Glen comes here.

See Peg Lautney's post for a real good idea of where this has lead. As you know - I normally stay out of these fights but I'm really getting tired of this vulgar nonsense.

In particular his butting in on threads where you or someone else are trying to help a newbie. We never hear from them again and frankly, I think most of it is Glen's fault, particularly since this ridiculous moderator nonsense came up. I'll say this: were I a moderator this problem would have been solved.

That's right Glen - you are the problem. It ain't about politics - it's about manners. Your conduct is deplorable. And spare us that bullshit about freedom. You are close to making this a musician free website. That ain't freedom.

Take a good hard look at yourself and then apologize or hit the road. You're making Bandmix a drag.

Talbot

as usual mike you got right to it in a no nonsense way. and i agree w you 100%

i'm gonna take you up on your advice and my feuding days w glen and haley are done. i won't put them on ignore using the "ignore function" but i'm done with the both of 'em.

maybe if no one gives them the time of day they'll straighten up. who knows...stranger things have happened!

#234122 by J-HALEY
Fri May 30, 2014 8:05 pm
Mark I am just sick and tired of you Libs forcing your opinions and overreaching laws to limit my freedoms! So Buh By! I have been ignoring you too! I was kinda hoping you would go away! FYI I ain't goin No Where BOY! :wink:

#234127 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri May 30, 2014 9:48 pm
I feel bad for Talbot. He has actually succumbed to the peer pressure that has been applied.

I really don't give a darn what any weak person says. I really feel sorry for him if he posted that in a place I normally wouldn't search.

Even more interesting is the reasoning behind mark going OUT OF HIS WAY TO REPOST THAT!
Obviously he is trying to be as vicious as possible. He can't get me directly so he will use any one or thing he can.

That's just plain sick. No wonder why he developed a cancer... Mark you have way to much anger... NOT MY PROBLEM. :(
#234144 by GuitarMikeB
Sat May 31, 2014 1:10 pm
Planetguy wrote:talbot, i hope you don't mind me bringing this over to "general"

MikeTalbot wrote:Mike

I strongly suggest you truly ignore Glen. Arguing with him is exactly what he wants. I had thought that he was a cool guy, just bit grouchy. I was wrong - he seems to live to screw up threads and discourage new folks.

I can't find an instance where he helped anyone. This has to stop - you can help by just ignoring him and at least cut the battles down a bit - same to Planet and Dane et al. These battles seem to be the only reason Glen comes here.

See Peg Lautney's post for a real good idea of where this has lead. As you know - I normally stay out of these fights but I'm really getting tired of this vulgar nonsense.

In particular his butting in on threads where you or someone else are trying to help a newbie. We never hear from them again and frankly, I think most of it is Glen's fault, particularly since this ridiculous moderator nonsense came up. I'll say this: were I a moderator this problem would have been solved.

That's right Glen - you are the problem. It ain't about politics - it's about manners. Your conduct is deplorable. And spare us that bullshit about freedom. You are close to making this a musician free website. That ain't freedom.

Take a good hard look at yourself and then apologize or hit the road. You're making Bandmix a drag.

Talbot

as usual mike you got right to it in a no nonsense way. and i agree w you 100%

i'm gonna take you up on your advice and my feuding days w glen and haley are done. i won't put them on ignore using the "ignore function" but i'm done with the both of 'em.

maybe if no one gives them the time of day they'll straighten up. who knows...stranger things have happened!

Good plan, Mark/Mike T. Haley used to post about his gigs, now he comes in echoing glennny after disappearing for some time.
Can't figure out how either of them 'think' that their nonsense improves this place.

#234148 by Jahva
Sat May 31, 2014 3:59 pm
You want to improve BM... hmmm.
They should offer free strings or picks with every visit. Yup that'll keep folks coming around. :P

You could have an age minimum... no that won't work old people still act like little faqing baby name calling juveniles.

Ummm you could not name the moderators like it use to be that way if someone disagrees with the posts that get deleted they have to go to the Admin for answers.

or you could just blow this place up and kick out anyone who thinks they have some ownership to this privately owned business.

Image :evil:

Still don't really get it... posts were deleted in the past before MikeB and Sans became the moderators..
Not a PEEP out of the conspirators back then... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

As long as I've come here there have been deleted posts. It may have taken longer than it does today but it happened.
Anonymous deleters are the way in this new frontier of the World Wide Web... :P :P :P :P :P :P
This is some third grade schoolyard trifling BS here... aren't any of you the least bit embarrassed by your behavior?

I hate that I've fallen into some of this nonsense.... so I'll depart with a heart felt Good Luck to you guys remember it's only a website forum. You're not fighting for your freedom like our sons and daughters in the Middle East.
If you think you are get into public office and make a change otherwise you look and sound like a fool on the street corner with a sign that says "REPENT THE END IS COMING"
signed
Nero!
:P

#234149 by VinnyViolin
Sat May 31, 2014 5:44 pm
Jahva wrote:... aren't any of you the least bit embarrassed by your behavior?

..... You're not fighting for your freedom like our sons and daughters in the Middle East.

The fighting in the Middle East is not being done for our freedoms
... it is being done for the freedoms and benefit of oil companies and too big to fail or jail, investment bankers.

The petty fighting being done here on this board is far more noble in cause!!

.. or at least less lethal in effect.

"War and occupation directly and indirectly claimed the lives of about a half-million Iraqis from 2003 to 2011, according to a groundbreaking survey of 1,960 Iraqi households. The violence peaked in 2006 and 2007, say public health experts who were part of the study." ... should our "freedoms" require so much death?
Last edited by VinnyViolin on Sat May 31, 2014 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#234150 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat May 31, 2014 5:45 pm
Little boys... Take their toys... And go home. OH WELL. :roll:

#234158 by Firebird78
Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:57 am
This forum was overrun with spam and infighting. Bandmix tried to do something about the spam, and I think the mod’s have done a fine job. Personally, I have found it very nice to not have to weed through that stuff. That leaves the infighting, and there are those who seem determined to cause chaos and destruction. There has been a lot of argument about “free speech” and “censorship”. This site belongs to Bandmix. The only “rights” we have are those Bandmix chooses to give us. The level of “freedom” given does not seem to be making this forum an attractive place, and some folks seem to live to keep it that way. Only Bandmix management can fix this. It is nonexistent at other sites I frequent because it is monitored and corrected very quickly. Many new people checking out these forums must get pretty disappointed and just move on.

#234165 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:16 pm
Firebird78 wrote:This forum was overrun with spam and infighting. Bandmix tried to do something about the spam, and I think the mod’s have done a fine job. Personally, I have found it very nice to not have to weed through that stuff. That leaves the infighting, and there are those who seem determined to cause chaos and destruction. There has been a lot of argument about “free speech” and “censorship”. This site belongs to Bandmix. The only “rights” we have are those Bandmix chooses to give us. The level of “freedom” given does not seem to be making this forum an attractive place, and some folks seem to live to keep it that way. Only Bandmix management can fix this. It is nonexistent at other sites I frequent because it is monitored and corrected very quickly. Many new people checking out these forums must get pretty disappointed and just move on.

That was nice... I bet you voted for obama, dictatorial leadership, and total anarchy under the rule of law. That's not very smart.

Think about what I just wrote before you just spew your cookies. I'm being nice, the affholes up here aren't. If you really feel that way... Don't bother.

#234167 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:59 pm
Firebird, you have been writing lyrics for 8 years? The first song you have on your list really shows your intentions.

You attempt to use Christian ideology to spread the same thoughts as muslims, pretending peace.

"HE WILL SCORN LIBERTY" Are you serious? (from the king) Those lyrics put you at the top of my most liberal list.

Do me a favor... before you come on here complaining about FREEDOM, think about that long and hard... And tune your guitar.

#234168 by Starfish Scott
Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:01 pm
Firebird78 wrote:This forum was overrun with spam and infighting. Bandmix tried to do something about the spam, and I think the mod’s have done a fine job. Personally, I have found it very nice to not have to weed through that stuff. That leaves the infighting, and there are those who seem determined to cause chaos and destruction. There has been a lot of argument about “free speech” and “censorship”. This site belongs to Bandmix. The only “rights” we have are those Bandmix chooses to give us. The level of “freedom” given does not seem to be making this forum an attractive place, and some folks seem to live to keep it that way. Only Bandmix management can fix this. It is nonexistent at other sites I frequent because it is monitored and corrected very quickly. Many new people checking out these forums must get pretty disappointed and just move on.

LOL Did I miss the wanker party in here or WTF?

You must be new because I just got back and the place looks like sh*t, frankly. It's basically what I thought it would be on the round trip.

Although this site is privately owned, one should not go absolutely fing bonkers in here. In the past they would simply delete posts as they saw fit, but evidently they are tired and their fingers are hurt so they got a couple of regulars. Not a bad thing all in all, if you can reign in your ego and do the job at hand.

It looks like 1 is working out just fine and the other, well not so well, but you can't say that no one is trying. You need someone that is more like the one that's doing a good job and less like the other.. (no insult or offense intended)

Part of being a good moderator is the ability to distance themselves from the bullshit at hand. (Some just can't do that, like myself. I'd make a shitty moderator as I am often emotional and not really able to be completely objective about things I care about. My advice is to see if "Spock" is available.) lolo

PS: Did I mention how cool it is that I had to log in 4x to post this crap?
Nice to see that 30 days hasn't cured what ails this forum, technically or otherwise. I'd say that Vbulletin is kicking someone's newb ass, which is rather pathetic to say the least.

#234177 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:14 pm
Captain... Obviously you have aged to the point where you have lost all your spirit. You are sounding like an old lady that is begging for some peace and quiet. Sad.

#234178 by Starfish Scott
Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:19 pm
STFU Glen better to be whatever I am than you..

You just rave like you're insane, which may be true at this point.
You talk sh*t about everything and you don't play any music.

I have no time for those who are more mouth than music.

I am sorry I had to say it, but you are annoying me but good.

You should read what you write and edit it after you calm down.
I read everything I write at least 3x now because I am a bigger hot head than you will ever be.

"Consider the source and adjust yourself before they get upset with your raving(s)".
I am in the same boat as you are, but I'll actually hurt someone instead of talking them to death.

Someone just gave me some good advice. They said, "consider talking to people you don't like as if you personally know them and don't want to make an enemy out of them". I took that to heart cause I just don't care otherwise and dullards make me ill. (The dumber you sound, the sicker I get.)

For what it's worth....(shrugs)

#234218 by J-HALEY
Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:12 am
Okay, how about a real solution? Normally you folks know I don't agree with throwing money at a problem as a solution?
It has become obvious to MWA that perhaps BM is Ahmm.........financially strapped?
I challenge all you CHEAP BASTIDS to pay 1 months dues on here! :P
Come on, we have been enjoying the fruits of these folks labor, look at it as a benefit for the site! We play benefits and help folks hows about it? I know some of you can't but those of you that can LETS DO THIS? I am setting a do or die time of 12:pm western time June 2cd, Then if we don't see results we will no we tried Huh?

#234221 by Starfish Scott
Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:22 am
Will we still have to log in 5x to post once or will they fix that ?

(burp) (Where dog at? Time to eat. Me make fire) lol

Me hate bugs..and I don't mean the rabbit.