This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#232420 by neanderpaul
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:50 pm
EQ'd the drums and re-uploaded.

#232426 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:21 pm
OK, Paul, before any one else drives you into tweaking it.

It's a cool song, 99.9 percent of the performance is PERFECT.

I actually downloaded it to my mastering software. SORRY. If you want me to send you a dollar I will.

There is nothing I could do to make it sound better. I listened to it many times and tried a few different programs. All I could do was take away.

YOU NAILED IT!!!!

It is a great mix. You did a great job. You are reaching the crazy point where you are messing with perfection. You have even done most of mastering work, making it sound good on different players.

I LIKE IT!!!!

#232436 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:27 am
neanderpaul wrote:EQ'd the drums and re-uploaded.

Drums and cymbals now are more defined, good job!

#232442 by neanderpaul
Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:01 am
Thanks Mike!

#232443 by neanderpaul
Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:01 am
Thanks Glen, for being so thorough!

#232512 by Firebird78
Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:27 am
neanderpaul wrote:I posted on harmony central and got questions about the meaning of and ultimately complaints about the lyrics.

Being somewhat of a lyric dude, I was very curious to see what criticism was given to your song lyric, so I took a trip to Harmony Central. As I suspected, it is the usual unrealistic, opinionated over-analysis i.e. “you didn’t decorate your house the way I would have done it, therefore it doesn’t look as good as it could”. The expectations are not just unrealistic, but they do not necessarily make for a better song. Some of the comments:

The meaning of everything must be understood, and you’ve failed if you must explain what your lyric means. This is kind of a nonsense lyric.
[Really? Failed? These commenters need to read some very successful lyrics that are not explained – hundreds of them!]

The lyric is weak / there isn’t enough of an idea…
[WTF? And I guess “She loves you yeah, yeah, yeah” is a strong lyric, because it was rather successful.]

Needs more images.
[A song is not a book or a poem. While there is nothing wrong with images, they certainly aren’t necessary in a song. Again, there are many successful songs with little or no imagery. A song is mainly for the ears; hence the music.]
There are more significant reasons to be critical of a lyric and, in my opinion, they would be: poor meter, poor rhyming, poor sing-ability/smoothness, unintended grammar errors, errors in fact, doesn’t convey what the author intends………

Anyway, there is nothing “wrong” with your lyric in my opinion. It works just fine in the completed song, and that’s all it has to do. There are people who don’t like every meaning spelled out. It allows them to use their own imagination, rather than be told what to think. A lyric/song does not have to be profound or many would not have even made it off the ground. If there were a set of rules (as some people like to recite) to create hit songs, it would be much easier to create them!

Nice song!

#232518 by neanderpaul
Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:26 am
Those are some very comforting comments firebird! Thanks!
I was quite pleased with my lyrics. And I couldn't help but laugh at the ideas that
1. nonsensical lyrics can't be awesome! Uh do wop? The beatles sun king? etc etc
2. That because I didn't change my lyrics at that guys suggestion I was not truly seeking a critique. I laughed at that one. :roll: