This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#231797 by Planetguy
Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:19 pm
VinnyViolin wrote:
Planetguy wrote:truth be known...what really wilts my foliage is the possible end of photosynthesis as we know it.

now...where DID my woman hide my chlorophyll?

http://youtu.be/pvbOycaHiBY :D



good one vinny. good.... but not so funny as to make me soil myself.

#231807 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:33 pm
zar535135 wrote: I joined this site, June of 2013. While being a new member, I came across some post that were considered "Stale" or "Non-active". While being "New" to me I posted to them. Many of the responses that followed my posts were short of nothing but "Immature" and "Juvenile".
This being the internet (filled with anonymous inappropriate behavior) nothing really surprises me anymore, but I will say I was surprised such comments came from so-called mature adults. In the short amount of time I have been here I have seen enough to know that a good percentage of the debates that go on between some members are nothing more than "Pissing" contests.
They serve no purpose other than to dig at and "personally" insult each other.


And your point is...? :roll:

#231808 by MikeTalbot
Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:47 pm
Zar


You are quite right. However, many of us try to avoid that stuff and sometimes we even talk about music. Sigh...

Talbot

#231814 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:02 am
MikeTalbot wrote:Zar


You are quite right. However, many of us try to avoid that stuff and sometimes we even talk about music. Sigh...

Talbot


Mike I have said repeatedly that I will never post any political crap in life in the U.S. I guess that wasn't good enough, because now the the freedoms of what used to be general chat are under scrutiny and at your request should be limited to talking about not getting payed enough for a gig or drop D tunings.

Give me a break.

This is real life dude and the stuff that is going down is happening faster and faster. Musicians and their freedom of speech are about to be questioned... And all you want to talk about is tuning your guitar.

What happened to you Mike?

#231816 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:33 pm
GLENNY J wrote:[ because now the the freedoms of what used to be general chat are under scrutiny and at your request should be limited to talking about not getting payed enough for a gig or drop D tunings.


Only in your own mind ... Your neck must hurt from constantly looking over your shoulder.

How many times do we have to tell you that George and I are only going to clean up the outright spam (watches and 'the meaning of life' horsehocky posts) and useless troll posts like Mywillie (who disappeared pretty fast once he realized that we could delete his posts right away instead of waiting for the admin to do it).

#231819 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:10 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
GLENNY J wrote:[ because now the the freedoms of what used to be general chat are under scrutiny and at your request should be limited to talking about not getting payed enough for a gig or drop D tunings.


Only in your own mind ... Your neck must hurt from constantly looking over your shoulder.

How many times do we have to tell you that George and I are only going to clean up the outright spam (watches and 'the meaning of life' horsehocky posts) and useless troll posts like Mywillie (who disappeared pretty fast once he realized that we could delete his posts right away instead of waiting for the admin to do it).


Thanks for the attempt to insult me. Your qualifications as a moderator are showing.
My neck is fine and you will be stunned when you find out how many people don't think the way you do.

You don't like me, I don't like you... Let's make an attempt to stay out of each others face.

#231821 by Planetguy
Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:34 pm
Drop D tuning
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Drop D tuning, also known as DADGBE, is an alternate, or scordatura, form of guitar tuning — specifically, a dropped tuning — in which the lowest (sixth) string is tuned down ("dropped") from the usual E of standard tuning by one whole step / a tone (2 frets) to D.

"D5 Power Chord"
MENU0:00

A D5 power chord played in Drop D tuning
Problems playing this file? See media help.
Contents [hide]
1 Uses of drop D tuning
2 Drop D Tuning in Heavy Metal/Hard Rock
3 Drop D tuning in Irish Music
4 Examples of chords in dropped D tuning
5 Relation to other tunings
6 References
7 External links
Uses of drop D tuning[edit]

In drop D the three bass strings form a D5 power chord, which can be shifted up or down the fretboard with a single finger to produce a power chord.
Drop D tuning is frequently used in heavy metal and its various incarnations, as guitarists in these styles often need extremely fast transitions between power chords. The tuning has also been used in many other styles of music, including blues, country, folk, and classical. Due to its similarity to standard tuning, drop D is recognised as a useful introduction to alternative tunings, leading logically to an exploration of DADGAD, open D and drop D drop G (in which both the 5th and 6th strings are dropped a tone) tunings.
The tuning allows for chords with a root or bass note of D to be played with a D an octave lower than with standard tuning, and allows playing of open D chords that include the fifth and sixth strings to allow the full sonority of the guitar to be heard. This can be especially useful for songs in the keys of D major or minor and is particularly effective on acoustic guitar. Drop D also allows fingerpickers to play chord shapes higher up the neck while maintaining an alternating bass. The bottom three strings, if left open, will vibrate sympathetically and, using chord shapes limited to the top three strings, a drone effect can easily be achieved.
The trade-off is the loss of the bass E note in chords or fingerings which the player cannot adjust to include fretting the sixth string at the second fret.

#231825 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:48 pm
GLENNY J wrote:You don't like me, I don't like you... Let's make an attempt to stay out of each others face.


Don't attempt to judge what my feelings are by yours. The fact is you keep insisting you're right about something that isn't true. Instead of prolonging this, move on and if you find any evidence of what you are insinuating, then feel free to bring it to light.

#231827 by BestGuitarist
Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:58 pm
CENSOR HIM! :lol:

#231833 by gtZip
Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:11 pm
Finish him!!

#231839 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:43 pm
Geez, Glenny, you have so many friends here ... :lol:

#231841 by J-HALEY
Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:25 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:Geez, Glenny, you have so many friends here ... :lol:


Glen is my friend as are the rest of you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That is one of the things that has made this forum interesting. The More this site sensors folks opinions the LESS interesting and fun it is. I have given you sensors the chance to prove you are unbiased?

#231843 by gtZip
Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:31 pm
Finish Him!

#231845 by Planetguy
Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:48 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
Don't attempt to judge what my feelings are by yours. The fact is you keep insisting you're right about something that isn't true. .


hello GuitarMikeB!

welcome to Bandmix!

#231855 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:30 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:
GLENNY J wrote:You don't like me, I don't like you... Let's make an attempt to stay out of each others face.


Don't attempt to judge what my feelings are by yours. The fact is you keep insisting you're right about something that isn't true. Instead of prolonging this, move on and if you find any evidence of what you are insinuating, then feel free to bring it to light.


Mike your dancing, right out of the gate. You have been a mosquito that keeps coming back and trying to keep sucking blood when your back is turned.
That is a very clever progressive method of turning around a simple statement and saying prove it.

The biggest fact is you are following my every post and making a negative comment. The fact is you don't like me, I don't like you. It has been that way since you have joined. You have not disproved my statement nor defended your own personal position. Let's stick with the program.

Be a man and just admit that is the way it is. There is your progressive, logic proof. If you wish to defend your arguments better I would suggest you start to study a master. (we have one of them here and I like him more than someone that just plain spews nonsense.)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest