This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#269246 by Drew P
Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:53 pm
Been on here a while, Don't think I ever posted here until now.

I'm Drew, 32, currently in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. I play a little of everything. Best as a drummer, though ironically I've never owned a set. Also can handle rhythm guitar, bass, keyboards, some vocals, and just picked up some mandolin about a year ago.

Just looking to join a band or for people to jam with. Last time I was in a band was in college (ten years ago) but I play some solo stuff for my church every now and then. Mostly a rocker (Guns N' Roses, Weezer, Stabbing Westward, Dropkick Murphys, New Bomb Turks, and Pearl Jam-- and anyone like them-- are my biggest influences) but can get into just about anything.

I just got my amps and my bass shipped down to me about a month ago which is why I've been out of it for so long. Looking to get back into whatever I can.
#269248 by schmedidiah
Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:09 pm
Welcome Drew. I'm sure you've seen us tell folks how to find people on bandmix before (the site, not the forum). It works, especially in a place like DFW with lots of musicians of all levels. Also, try open mics or jams at guitar center.
#271280 by richard484767
Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:36 am
Hi everybody;
I am not 'new' here, but as yet, have never posted here.
I am a guitar player. I enjoy it very much, and usually get on it at (don't laugh) about 0600hrs. I find that my mind is fresh and is alert at that hour. I mostly like jazz, especially cats like Wes, Rit, Dimeola, Howard Roberts, et al; but also do country as well. I have one foots into retirement, and am trying to get the other foots there as well... I mostly like to take a particular part of an arrangement, and work with it. My RC-30 is a great help, but I am still green at doing recording, and always feel a little funny about listening to myself. I'd like to hear from people here, so if you want, I am here.....YAYYYYYYY!
#271286 by Planetguy
Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:11 pm
welcome aboard, richard.

besides myself, there are a few other folks around these parts who dig and appreciate jazz.

my main guys on gtr are Kenny Burrell, Jim Hall, Grant Green and of course the other usual suspects. I'm a strong believer in crop rotation. Besides playing gtr, bass, and vibes in a jazz band, i also play in a bluegrass/jazzgrass band (mando, dobro), and three wkends a month i play bass in a trkstop band that plays mostly older classic country, blues, and classic rock.

feel free to jump in or start up some music conversation.... there are a few die hard music heads here who actually come to this site to talk MUSIC. 8)
#272697 by MikeTalbot
Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:35 pm
It's unlikely you'll find band members in the forum. Go into the main area of B M and search by zip codes. Post some music if you haven't yet and check out the music of the guys you spin up. It's doable but never easy...

Good luck

Talbot
#273499 by Mean_old_fireman
Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:02 am
Greetings from Metro Boston: I've been playing guitar since I was 8, including club bands in the 70's and 80's and three semesters at Berklee. I listen to a wide variety of music: rock, fusion, Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Zydeco, blues. I was away from playing consistently for about 10 years, but am back at it. At this point, I play bottleneck slide almost 100% of the time, using techniques like fretting behind the slide, tapping and artificial harmonics to push the boundaries. I'm currently working with a local bar band, but am always looking for recording and fill in gigs.
#273814 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:42 pm
george1146561 wrote:I'm old. And yet, in here, I'm new. That's a difficult concept to wrap my head around.

You're only as old as you feel & act. Of course some mornings, I wake up and feel really old. Welcome!
#273823 by Planetguy
Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:53 pm
"everything that exists in time runs out of time one day"
#273826 by DainNobody
Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:27 pm
Planetguy the existentialist..LOL
:D
#274715 by liam324612
Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:33 pm
Hello, hello, hello

New to the forum. Check out my profile.

Looking for musicians near by to jam with if any one is interested.

Play on!