This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#49 by Guest
Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:11 am
Hi All !!! :D
I am from way up north, in MN. I am an Air Traffic Controller in central MN. I have put together a good Progressive Rock/ Metal band 8) over the last three years, (this is my part time job now). I have been playing bass now for 33 years. This is a great site, I've been using it for a while now. We are currently looking for a good vocalist. Take care all and I'll be visiting more often now.
TR

#50 by KDE
Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:22 pm
Hi, My name is Kerry. I'm from Illinois. I've Been playing music for close to 40 yrs. I started on keyboards then started learning guitar after a friend of my brothers layed a 1957 Les Paul in my hands when I was 10. I played a Strat for the first few years, then my mom bought me a new Les Paul in 1969 for my birthday. I still have the Les Paul. I played all of the popular 50, 60, 70 and 80s tunes in several bands. I got into Jazz/Fusion and taught lessons for a while, then laid off really playing in bands for some years to raise a son. During that time I bought a Martin D35 and got into accustic real heavy. Now he's grown and gone, so I thought I might get more into music again. I recently bought a couple of Carvins, a Mesa Boogie, and a Rolland keyboard and have been jamming with several people for the last couple of years. I am looking to maybe start giging some. I've met an excellent female singer and a very good Bass player so far. I'm finding it's not easy to find commited, quality musicians unless you live near a big city. I'm about 2 hours west of Chicago. Lots of talent up there. It's just too far of a commute for practice. I write, but don't sing. I don't believe I'll ever quit my day job to play music, but would like to hook up with some people who enjoy creating a great sound. It's nice to have a forum like this to meet and talk with others.

#52 by lowefirstfret
Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:25 pm
Greetings all,

Guitarist/singer/songwriter from VA. Currently listening to Blind Willie Johnson on Napster. Anybody use alternate tunings on an acoustic? Yeah, I'll start with that one . . . .
#55 by missy51633
Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:25 am
hey new to this board and have a band have worked so much ,i've forgot some of it,work all over in states out of states with stampede band,, ,and work in states only,with fender benders band and over the hill band
yes everybody i'm 72 years young and play 4and 5 string bass i have worked with a lot of stars and met a lot of others,,
but would really like to meet and play with tina turner lol don't we all dream tho
check out fender benders band with rocking terry lee from london,england
www.rockingterrylee.com

by the way i'm a female too, any others on here?

missy51633

#56 by GUITARMEDIC
Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:37 pm
my names chad, i play guitar in a southern rock/ country band in southern middle TN. ive played for about 16 years or so and am slowly getting into the singer songwriter thing. im a firefighter/paramedic with another firefighter, a cop, and a cable guy in yhe band-no we are not the village people-got a small show in may and hope to hit the scene rolling shortly thereafter.

#58 by guitardoll84
Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:03 pm
Hello, i'm from Southern California. I'm 21 and I've been playing the guitar for about 4 years. I've been writing poems and short stories since I was 12 and once I picked up a guitar, I started writing music and lyrics. It all came pretty naturally to me. Acoustic has a special place with me! I own a Fender and it's been good to me. I've gotten pretty good so i'm just basically on here to get advice when I need and it perhaps find some other musicians in my area. Nice to meet you all!

Jonnie

#59 by dakota doc
Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:29 pm
hey people; first time i have done this, feels like i'm on dial a date. to belle, i wonder if weve met. i lived n austin in the 60's and 70's went to all willy's concerts at the armadillo. guitarmedic, my mom lives in pikeville, will move there from texas if i can find a better job, been in e.m.s. for over 13 years, but still song playing and writing come----2nd, hope we can play together sometime. peace-l

#60 by Guest
Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:27 pm
Hero Hog: AKA Speedy, Dr. Speed and "That Fat, Balding, Bearded Drummer Dude"
Charlottesville, VA area. Originaly from Lafayette, LA then Shreveport, LA. Spent 5 years in Bentonville, AR before moving up here 2 years ago.
Drummer: Blues/Funk/Soul/Classic Rock
Taye Studio Maple Fussion Kit
Zildjain Cymbals
Peavy PA
Headliner Congas
Sing back-up vocals
Been playing since the early 70's
#61 by 601Blues
Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:45 pm
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/601blues/601bluz.jpg[/img]

#62 by 532 7532
Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:16 am
Hi, all. Randall mccloud here.
48 year old blues/jazz player from GR MI. Playin'35 years, infuenced
by all the greats, looking to put some gigs together around MI.
Know alot of other muscians here, but want to do some gigs that arent
top40 oriented and displays the talents of individual members.
I'll be putting some audio up shortly.
Nice site. Missy good going!
Hope to be doing this untill the day we all will come to sooner or later.