This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#101846 by gbheil
Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:39 am
WBPG!

#101886 by J David Edge
Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:55 pm
Hi Belle,
This looks very good as a forum. Alot of talent and diversity. I hope to capture some inspiration to cont.. I am in PA about 20 miles south of Philly.
I am 57, Have been a guitar player as long,almost, as I can remember.
But my procrastination "laziness" has kept me from truely persuing a solid carreer.
Philly is a drag. No appreciation for the arts except on altruistic levels.
I believe a artist has to have some good understanding about the business he chooses as a carreer. Not only the Talent he or she may obviously have." Just an opinion". I really look forward to some exciting info on this forum.

#101889 by J David Edge
Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:02 pm
Oh! By the way Belle, I am about 1/4 way thru my first novel. Would you like to give a productive critique. If your interested in reading a few pages , just to give some feedback, I would appreciate it, and perhaps I, if you want, could do the same for you. Strickly positive productive help.
I will leave it up to you.
Thanks
#101961 by empty_existence2010
Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:31 pm
I'm an bisexual goth who been playing guitar and being lead vocals for my band Empty Existence for 10 years (Mostly covers and originals) then i developed more on my originals and decided to ditch the whole cover sh*t. I am now working with 1 Sock Recordings for a 2 CD set called "Silence No More" 1st disc is 8 songs of "Silence No More" and the 2nd disc is "Dark Side demos" filled with 6 bonus tracks unreleased anywhere! anyway see ya around.

#101963 by philbymon
Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:54 pm
Um....er...uh...TMI?

#101970 by empty_existence2010
Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:13 am
hey at least i'm f**k honest and a badass musician so f**k you most musicians are in it for the money and the fame and whatnot, but I'm one of the few musicians that is in it to save people's lives with my music... I happen to be doing that right now even though I have Schizoaffective Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder... I have enough problems to deal with from people raping me and losing lovers through suicide and receiving no help whatsoever except for my friends who is the only people who cares about me.... my family disowned me, i've been raped 10 times and i've been on the streets before, in crappy group homes and whatnot and one of my friends offered to help out get a apartment with me and save my life and split the rent 50-50 and if you wanna discriminate then go ahead..... I had hate crimes against me so your discrimination is nothing compared to the hell I went through in my life from childhood to my current age of 21. At least music saved my life!

Here's my influences to start with that changed me forever and got me started:

Pantera, Damageplan, Staind, Slipknot, Disturbed, Dead By Sunrise, Evanescence, Stone Sour, Nine Inch Nails, The Cure, Marilyn Manson, Korn, Suicide Silence, Avenged Sevenfold, My Chemical Romance, Simple Plan, Killswitch Engage, Good Charlotte, 3 Days Grace, Trapt, TRUSTCompany, Puddle of Mudd, Nickelback, Fuel, Nirvana, Seether, Hoobastank, Dream Theater, Slayer, Lacuna Coil, Flyleaf, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Violent Femmes, Jane Siberry, Deftones, Mudvayne, Sevendust and Godsmack.

Music styles: Metal, Nu-Metal, Hardcore Metal, Hardcore, Alternative Rock-Metal, Death Metal, Industrial, Emo, Goth, Hard Rock, Acoustic Rock, Grunge and Post Grunge.

And I know "Silence No More" will change the music industry forever and prove those f**k wrong that money and fame isn't everything! DAMN STRAIGHT!

#101997 by philbymon
Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:29 pm
Dude, this isn't a forum for dealing with your personal problems. I haven't even met you, & here you go telling me about the most intimate details of your life. It's rather off-putting, since I haven't yet had the opportunity to discern whether you're interesting enough to even talk with.

You seem to be a bit confused as to how ppl actually relate to each other.

You don't start a convo telling me about your sexual preferences, or all of the horrible things you've endured, in a music forum. Rather, you start talking about the one thing that may being us together, first - music.

I am not in any way discriminating against you or your kind.

I do object to your offensive attack, though, when it was hardly deserved.

Be interesting first, then gradually, & with common sense, open up to those who will understand your rather unique qualities & problems.

Get well soon.
#102335 by GhstDog97
Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:47 pm
Hi,

I'm Mike from Huntsville, AL. I also have pschizoeffective bipolar, but no one has raped me. I went to school in Austin. Hi. UT grad. Great town Austin. Good for homos. Don't remember hearing about any rapes there. It has been over a decade though. Things change.

I'm looking for local musicians to jam with and meet in the Tennesse Valley area. I pretty much don't like any band in Huntsville or any band that tours into Huntsville. I don't drink or do drugs either, so you can imagine how little I get out.

I'm a pretty good musician though and am interested in meeting locals. I absolutely refuse to do Christian music. Country music would have to be seriously vetted, as I don't like any country made within my lifetime. Other music, yeah we can give it a try.

Funk. Jazz. Rock. Blues. Lounge. Metal. Alternative. Indy. Punk.

Desperately seeking drummer. I just don't think you can have a serious combo without a guitar player and a drummer. I am only qualified to be one of these, but I can fill in as a bassist or singer also.

About me, I am a young professional type. I have good equipment and skills. I love music. I am not out there to gets chicks, free beer, dugs, attention, ego boost, etc. I am also not a Christian, with a capital C, maybe am one in fundamental beliefs but not like most of these fascists. I am too old to be young, but not old enough to be "that old guy."

If you are looking for someone in the Tennesse Valley area to fill in, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A DRUMMER, I'd like to jam and see what the sound is like.

#103171 by Billy Tostin
Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:03 pm
My name is Billy Tostin. I'm from Breaks VA and I play drums and a little guitar. I like to play and listen to everything from bluegrass to metal. I play from southern rock to metal though. Learning to play Banjo. I just signed up on here and glad to talk to people from all over! I am a Christian and love to play different types of christian music like metal. I WILL NOT PLAY MUSIC THAT PERTAINS TO SATAN OR WORSHIPING HIM!!!! I do think a person has a choice to do what they want and live and I don't look down on people for that! Don't knock down something that you don't know anything about, thats my veiw of some things!
Billy

#104350 by Beth C
Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:58 am
Hello, I'm Beth from Joliet IL. I play the alto and Bari saxophone, Flute, tinwhistle, and a little bit of keyboard. I can also sing in the alto to soprano range, highest note being an E above the staff. I also write music. I have received a formal education in music. I am hoping that one day I will be able to get my music out into the world for people to enjoy either listening to or performing.

I enjoy all types of music, but I find that Celtic music is to my best liking, as well as classical.

I have been playing with adults since I was 16. I recently tried out being a studio musician, and I found it was to my liking.

If anyone in my area would like to jam with me then that would be cool.

#104487 by Brian K LaForge
Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:23 am
Hey Guys... I'm Brian... new to the groups here. Bass player from NW Ohio, looking to find a touring band again.. Just thought I'd introduce myself..

#106986 by Way Cool
Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:37 am
hello to all,

been browsing about and see a great community and forum here.
playing since the age of 9 here in NJ.
lead guitarist/songwriter looking for a new vocalist with a raspy blues
sound. basically for recording a full disc of material. gigs possibly later on.
anyone local out there that is interested - i've got samples on my profile and email anytime at: elx44x at gmail

#107459 by Houdini116
Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:34 am
Hey I'm Jacob, I've been playing the guitar for about 8 years, just started the drums. Click my profile to see what bands I'm into. I like any music blues/garage/metal/doom/stoner/classic based, if that makes sense. I love the Black keys, I also love Electric Wizard, and Junior Kimbrough's stuff. Pretty much, anything fuzzed out, dirty, sloppy, gritty guitar playing.

I'm looking for a drummer to jam with and play some music! (In Los Angeles area.)

#107476 by gbheil
Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:58 am
Gee, where are my manners.
Welcome to BandMix all.

PS: I'm psychotic :twisted:

Oh sorry Phil.
Thought we were having group therapy. :roll:

#107543 by Planeguy01
Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:14 pm
Lol sanshouheil.. im planeguy, and only slightly psychotic... the meds helped. j/k.
Hello from las vegas :)