This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#79 by ShaunSalisburyWorship
Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:29 pm
Hi,

My name is shaun Salisbury. I am from Claremore, OKlahoma just northeast of Tulsa, Oklahoma. I am searching for members to start a GOOD band. I am searching or people who can play together, listen to each other and learn to compliment each other's styles. If you are interested, email me a [email protected] and I'll get back in touch with you.

Keep it real,
Shaun Salisbury

#77 by mike_d
Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:46 am
Hi Everyone,
My name is Mike, I'm from Weirton, WV (just outside of Pittsburgh, PA)
I recently started playing guitar again after about a 15 year layoff.......I played from about ages 12 - 18. Now that I've started playing again, I'm more hooked on it than ever before. 8)
An old friend of mine recently picked up the bass again too......I'd like to get together with another guitarist/vocalist with the same musical tastes to have some fun and jam a little, possibly leading up to some small acoustic gigs.

#80 by Guest
Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:49 am
Hi! I'm Jake. Been playing guitar for a long time.Currently in a band called Busted Uncle (www.busteduncle.com) I'm from King N.C. just north of Winston-Salem. I'm into rock,blues rock and country. Check out the site, also just learnin' how to use my Line6 Toneport and recorded a brief instrumental and its listed in my profile, check it out! Thanks

#715 by Tom Tobin
Tue May 02, 2006 7:37 pm
Hi I just wanted to intro myself. I live in Las Vegas. Anybody want to play a rockin' version of contempoary Christian music? :o

#721 by Tom Tobin
Wed May 03, 2006 5:22 pm
:idea: Does anybody want to play SRV-Rory Gallagher-Hendrix inspired contemp. Christian music?
[email protected]

#722 by Guest
Wed May 03, 2006 6:42 pm
Hey Everybody, I'm from CT. Bassist on th 4, 5 6, fretted & less. Funk/ Jazz/ Fusion now gett'n round to mix'n Blues (ah sweet). Somebody drop me some names of serious blues bassists out there please. I'd like to immerse myself.

I'm a singer/ writer/ performer/

My best to the lot of ya :wink:

#723 by Utopian Hope
Thu May 04, 2006 3:38 am
Hi!

My name's Brad Scott, guitarist in the rock band Utopian Hope. We're originally from a small town in Wisconsin, but moved to Atlanta, Georgia three weeks ago to try to actually make a serious push with our music. (Hard to do in a town of 5,000...not to say that it's gonna be easy either...but I'm prepared for it to be tough) Just released an album and hope to start promoting it down here. Later!

-BS
www.utopianhope.com
myspace.com/utopianhope
[email protected]

#736 by RhythmMan
Sat May 06, 2006 4:27 pm
bhank wrote:Hello everyone,
Just joined the site and thought I would say hello, I play acoustic guitar , have an alverez 12 and a yamaha APX. I have been playing since high school ... but picked up my guitar about 2 years ago and really started trying to become a good artist. I play nightly now ... for at least an hour .. sometimes 3 or 4 ...
I am married with 3 great kids , have a career that I love ... but am giving tought to trying to play some local venues as a solo acoustic act , or maybe a duo if I can find someone who would like to join me ..
Looks like a really nice site so far .. look forward to getting to know you all !
Blaine

hey, bHank. I'm in Madison, CT - too far for me, but I'm in nearly the same identical situation. Ley me know what happens.
Alan B, Samick1

#738 by SRT1133
Sat May 06, 2006 6:33 pm
Hi,
I'm Lee
I'm a new member here. Thought I would say hello.
I currently live in the San Francisco area. I'm a working drummer with about 30 years experience.
I recently left a project band and I'm looking for a new situation.

#739 by RhythmMan
Mon May 08, 2006 4:26 am
Samick1 wrote:
bhank wrote:Hello everyone,
Just joined the site and thought I would say hello, I play acoustic guitar , have an alverez 12 and a yamaha APX. I have been playing since high school ... but picked up my guitar about 2 years ago and really started trying to become a good artist. I play nightly now ... for at least an hour .. sometimes 3 or 4 ...
I am married with 3 great kids , have a career that I love ... but am giving tought to trying to play some local venues as a solo acoustic act , or maybe a duo if I can find someone who would like to join me ..
Looks like a really nice site so far .. look forward to getting to know you all !
Blaine

Hey, bHank. I'm in Madison, CT - too far for me, but I'm in nearly the same identical situation. Let me know what happens.
Alan B, Samick1

#742 by Nicod3mus
Mon May 08, 2006 9:34 pm
Nice sound Utopian.....sounds new age toolish. Nice work...

#770 by Satina
Tue May 16, 2006 1:08 pm
Hello everyone. I'm Satina, a Groove Rocker from Minneapolis. I'm looking to relocate to LA this summer because there's nothing going on musically in MN.

I'd say that Groove Rock is broader than funk-rock. My style is a mix of groove music, and rock music with some opera elements. I guess you can say that it's the good old mariage of rock and rhythm.

I find that bands who play a hybrid style aren't shown any love. Is there anybody else doing something similar on here?

My tracks aren't professionally produced in any way but I put them up here to give others an idea of my style. I would like to network with other open minded artists, especially those in the LA area.

Satina

#804 by The KIDD
Sat May 20, 2006 3:56 am
Hey Kids,

I finally got on this crazy thing :lol: ...Id Had some trouble logging on but the great folks that keep this thing buzzin didnt stop trouble shootin till I "made the grade" :) ...Doing alot of readin tryin to catch up and it looks like we have alotta freindly people here..Anyway, Im John from WV...Just an old road /session drummer of 30yrs touring the US-Canada-Mex.with various national acts...Did the Nashville thing 4 yrs...Just play (when theres work)locally around KY-WV-OH now ..Im at the crossroads again THINKIN.. about hittin the road.Not much happenin around these parts anymore.Ive played all genres' of music but cling to Classic/Melodic Rock Era..I like some new material also...I see a few people are tryin to re-connect with old band members.I hope we're all successful....Theres nothin like re-uniting with players of our youth..Im hoping to see some from my road days AND make some new freinds.Looks like we're all pretty spread out...Anyone from the WV-OH-KY area lookin for Drums /Vocals ...IM Here...

John http://www.myspace.com/johnkuhn1