This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#235512 by Badstrat
Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:37 pm
I play a Strat
#235517 by schmedidiah
Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:22 pm
I kinda figgered you fer a Gibson SG type a guy. :lol:
I play a Tele Deluxe. 8)
#235567 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:18 am
That's new! But it's also non-exclusive. And, as far as I have ever seen, they don't actually do anything with stuff on people's profiles - I think its is basically a 'lawyer thing' - because you are putting it on THEIR site.
#235933 by LoriJean
Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:38 am
I'm Lori Jean, formally Lori Finnila. I wanted a cute, easy name to remember as my artist name. I have been singing for about 4-5 years. I trained for about 3 and now have some music at iTunes and Amazon. I am looking to venture more professional with playing my stuff out and about. I have just started this more seriously. I am also a student studying English to improve my writing skills of my music. Love music and writing! Use acoustic loops now but would love to work with a band. I drag my own iPod Touch with my instrumentals and 1/8" converter with me now to do my songs-LOL No REALLY, I do. It works for now. Nice being here. Feel free to keep my song. I wrote it while listening to Leon Russell. Would love that song competition but what with the fee, Rob Thomas.... come on man.....
#235943 by Skitsomunkey
Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:18 am
Welcome to Bandmix, Lori Jean.

Maybe you could bring back the Singer/Songwriter style of music. Harry Chapin and whatnot.

Good luck!
#235989 by Skitsomunkey
Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:03 am
Welcome to bandmix, Joshua.

Your styles of music aren't my thing, so I cannot give intelligent feedback.

Best of Luck to you though!
#236092 by Devikah
Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:56 pm
Greetings and salutations, guys.

Just became a premier member and looking forward to what it has to offer.

I am a new session/substitute drummer in the Las Vegas area and will be taking a hiatus, shortly, from the School of Rock to make myself more available for performance and recording gigs.

Feel free to knock on my door when you have a session or substitute drummer need in my neck of the woods.

Thanks.

Devi
#236098 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:40 pm
Girl drummers .... :twisted: Welcome!
#236102 by schmedidiah
Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:53 am
Dave Grohl is good and all, but go to the source.
http://youtu.be/nZB3RgTEhrQ
#236125 by Skitsomunkey
Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:53 pm
Welcome to the Bandmix forums, Devikah.

Just out of curiosity, what brand of drum heads do you use?

I couldn't quite make it out in the video (Nice job, btw).
#236126 by Devikah
Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:22 am
Thank you for the welcome, Skitsomunkey .

I'm currently using Aquarian Studio X's on all of my toms, along with an Aquarian Super Kick 1 on my kick.

However, and if you look at my toms in some earlier vids that I did ( http://www.youtube.com/user/PinchHitterDevikah/videos ), you'll see that I also use Remo Pinstripes from time to time.

The Aquarian Super Kick 1 has always been on the kick, though. I like it too much to change it.

My dad is my drum tech and my drum roadie; he also tunes my drums before every show and recording session.

Thanks again.
#236135 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:54 pm
Devikah wrote:Greetings and salutations, guys.

Just became a premier member and looking forward to what it has to offer.

I am a new session/substitute drummer in the Las Vegas area and will be taking a hiatus, shortly, from the School of Rock to make myself more available for performance and recording gigs.

Feel free to knock on my door when you have a session or substitute drummer need in my neck of the woods.

Thanks.

Devi

I noticed a little out-of-synch problem with the video, audio was off just a tad, really only noticeable on the cymbals, just a small fraction of a second. Good playing!