This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#151127 by Starfish Scott
Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:56 pm
I heard the mutation of that last night, "don't be stranger than the last guy"..lol

#152184 by Crash Course
Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:44 am
Hey my name is Shawn, I just relocated to Memphis from Atlanta. I have always had a passion for music and have been able to dedicate alot more time than I used to for it. I have been playing drums a little over two year and have decided to pick up my old guitar and dust it off. I am also studying audio engineering through a slew of books and taking some classes to boot. I have been working on my one man band project since I haven't found anyone to jam with.

#152742 by Larree
Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:40 pm
Hi! I'm Larree, and I am new here! Just looking for a new scene in L.A. Peace!
#153160 by AmyElizabeth
Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:49 am
Hello. My name is Amy Elizabeth. You can call me Amy. I just started getting vocal coaching 3 mths ago. I have been trying to get the kinks out of my voice for many many years and finally now have a coach that is getting it done. Finally! I am so encouraged that I started writing contemp. christian music and am on my 13th song for lyrics and my 9th song for sound. I have a huge road ahead of me, but my next step is sharing my songs with my coach who has already decided to help produce my works in her studio set-up. She is using midi only though, so I am considering getting more gear to do real sound or use some repurposing. Otherwise, I'd love to get onto garageband and I'd also love to see my work get into a score. My shorter term goals are to start copyrighting my works that are good and that I want to demo and also to learn more about how to make a great demo. Otherwise I am just developing my vocal abilities further and I practice everyday. I love it and just want to sing and write for the rest of my life, really. :) That's it. :)

#153191 by gbheil
Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:49 pm
Welcome Amy.

Garageband is a dirty word.

#153559 by blues edge
Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:51 pm
Hello to all , I guess ive skipped this part. been a band mix member since 2006. I am an old guy , started playing guitar oct 31 1965. unlike most people my age it was not becuase of the beatles it was the dave clark 5 .
Ive played all over IL ,Wis,Ia . spent a year in dallas 1975 playing no. texas so oklahoma. through late 70s & most of the 80s played inexcess of 150 night /yr & taught gtr lessons for a living ( one of my students won a grammy, jim stafford of train ) , Now i'm working a straight gig & playing about 30-40 gigs /yr , mostly country/southern rock & blues ,Still playing and the older i get the harder it becomes to find musicians. Thats why I joined band mix ( I cant quit ) I have an old web site "seetheedge.com"(blues ) and updated site soon to be. anyway Ive enjoyed reading all your comments & I'm always looking ! for more musicians & work . If your around central Il send me a line !

#154059 by JazzAnarchy
Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:13 pm
I haven't read all 636+ posts on this thread... but welcome me anyway!

#154071 by gbheil
Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:25 am
GillardGroom wrote:I haven't read all 636+ posts on this thread... but welcome me anyway!

Let me be the first to say welcome ... and ... post some music.
#154149 by BLACK FORGE
Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:35 am
Hi everyone,

I just posted an intro on another thread as I hadn't seen this one - whoops.

Just thought I'd say HI and introduce myself. Vocalist and guitarist looking for a metal punk band in the Bath area. Have a look at my profile.

:twisted:

Tadpole666

#154297 by rrsaks
Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:42 am
Hi. I'm a sax player - I've been playing for over 35 years. It's been good. I live in the Chicago area and have played with so many bands and different types of music.

For awhile I had put the sax down. I just didn't have the time - I had gotten married and took on a new job that sent me travelling 100% of the time. At first I was trying to do it all. I'd fly back and forth to California for my jod (IT stuff) then go and ply these barmitzva gigs on the weekends which turned out to be as many as 4 gigs in one weekend. I never got to spend much time with my wife. So I stopped, but then picked up work as a music director at our church. That was fun and my piano chops got so much better.

That lasted for about eight years. I don't travel now for work. A few years back I signed up for bandmix just for fun. I threw up a couple of recordings of myself. Funny thing happened, the band I now am playing with had found me out here. I've been playing with them for the last three years (sax). It's been great to get back to playing the horn again (we do alot of Tower of power, Chicago, big brass things). Now I'm back to blowing through the rudiments again every day.
#154855 by Jimmy Kennan
Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:25 am
Greetings all! I'm Jimmy. Played drums for 31 years, guitar for 28 years. Played in my first band at 15. Love thrash, pop, country, prog rock, 80's (except hair metal), and a good laugh.

Your turn.

#154856 by gbheil
Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:26 pm
Howdy y'all.

Welcome to Bandmix
#155174 by VicPapaGeorgio
Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:19 pm
Howdy folks, Vic here in San Diego. I am now playing with the band Strange Affliction and looking for a front-person with chops to get out and giggin soon! Seems like it's always something. If you are in the area and want to sing, hit me up.

ps- until we get a singer, I am always available to fill in if you have a gig and need some bass.
#155706 by Lexi Parr aka Rubyblonde
Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:25 pm
Hi, I am Rubyblonde and I would love to find an amazing band to travel with and perform and festivals and fairs. I can sing many genres of music but people say I have a natural country voice although I love Adele, and Janis!
I am looking forward to meeting talented muscicians on this site and am willing to travel from Madison Wisconsin to Chi-town during the School year and Country wide through the summer. Check out my youtube at Lexistar1001 and tell me what you think! xoxo Ruby[url]
http://youtu.be/k97Ljjhm8SI[/url]