This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#1131 by Bluesguitargrl
Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:57 am
well I guess the move has been put off for a while anyway. I just got a gig playing with a cover band... mostly R&B, funk and ragae, but it's fun. Our second rehersal is tonight, and our first gig together is tomorow... nothing like putting the fire under my ass to learn 4 sets in a week. Haven't been chalenged musically in a while, so it's good for me. We are booked every weekend for about the next month... good for me!!!! :lol: I guess it's hard to find a female front around here too, at least one that wants to work, so they're telling me. Around here you have to travel to gigs, guess no one wants to put in the extra effort but me... Anyway I'll keep you all posted, still want to start a blues band also playing mostly origionals... but that is being put off for now, I'm trying to start my jewelry business, keep a family in check and learn a crap load of new songs.

Just a bit of advise from me... I have learned through many years playing music, sometimes half of what you want is better than none of what you want... I have stuck to origionals for the past 8 years or so, and though every venue I've played has loved them and hired me back, I've never had enough gigs to live off of, and therefore have been waiting tables to pay the bills... What have I learned? I'd rather play covers than wait tables... half of what I want is better than none of what I want... And no matter what I'm playing (except country or polka) I'll be better off than serving food. I hope I can save any of you the long road I have taken to get this knowledge... Oh yeah and now I don't have to wait tables anymore (at least for now) BTW- We are doing our own style of the songs... and yes there is a couple of songs I really didn't like the origional singer on, but since I'm singing them now, and the words are cool, I'm growing to like them... who knows they might end up being some of my fav's!

Keep playing..... no matter what the neighbors say!!! :P LOL
#1238 by rustyrockerz
Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:38 am
hey all ,been singing and writing in various bands since i was 15 , now am 43,
still love it , mostly record my own stuff anymore, but i am always looking to hook up with some good musicians to jam with here around york pa......................................call me Kimmel,

#1242 by RhythmMan
Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:44 pm
Hey, Kimmel, welcome.
Too bad you aren't near Madison, CT.
Alan

#1262 by DEEZ 420
Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:14 am
New to board. North Carolina vocalist just wanting to say" What up everyone"!

www.myspace.com/spadevoice

#1276 by Girl
Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:12 am
Hi guy on the ground! Are you actually on this thing. I hope so. Please reply.

#1298 by BillyRich
Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:52 pm
Hey people .. new to site. Cool to see so many mid-Michiganians here. Been out-a-state for a while, but back now. I'm a vocalist/guitarist who use to do the whole bar/festival band / solo / studio thing around here: Everything from Rock (all genres) / Top-40 / Country / Standards / Oldies / etc. Won or placed high in several local talent show/contests.

Keeping current with the trends is a challenge, when you're only playing for kicks, LOL. Every time I tell people about a "new" band or performer I'm into, like 3 Doors Down or Rascal Flatts, for instance, they say it's old news, lame, weak, etc. .. oh well. Seems like we're getting more fickle all the time. Anyway, I still jam to most anything on the radio.

Guitar-wise: From smooth jazz to chicken pickin' to full metal shred with the flick of some switches (aren't electronics awesome!). But can lay back and play a smooth rhythm. Vocally: Higher voice, smooth, love good harmonies .. never had that rough sound (like Nickleback's Chad Kroeger .. wish I did sometimes) . I sing more like Brad Arnold (3 Doors Down) & Keith Urban (wish I could play guitar like him). I also do a pretty decent Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Interested in getting into the Blues &/or Christian music scene around here, if anyone knows of anything happening (cleaner venues preferred). Anyhow, nice to meet y'all.. let's jam sometime.
Last edited by BillyRich on Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#1361 by riggs1968
Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:27 pm
Hello Everyone! This site Rock's! I am from East Liverpool, Ohio. I would like for everyone to check out my Profile and listen to me singing Peaceful Easy Feeling by the Eagle's and just tell me what you think! Anyone needing a Vocalist from Ohio, Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]! Thanks Bandmix for such a Great Site! :D :D

#1458 by BillyRich
Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:08 pm
Great job Riggs! Very good vocals. Is that karaoke background? Or are you playing guitar too?
#1482 by Blindfold5150
Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:05 pm
Like most of the others have stated , I'm new to this site . Born and raised in MD , started playing guitar when I was 14 years old . My Grandfather was a jazz pianist , Mom a jazz singer . While I was growing up , I was exposed to alot of music most kids would normally never experience : Frank Zappa , Charlie parker , John Abercrombie , Joni Mitchell , Chick Korea , Chalres Ives , Emerson Lake & Palmer . I even sang on a radio furniture commercial around 8 years old w/ my mom , & learned about multi-track recording ... I saw Van Halen play before Ted Nugent in 1979 , Bridgeport Conn. I had seen Kiss later that year , but the way Edward played astounded me . I've been inspired by other musicians since then . I do like Ted Nugent very much , I love "Great White Buffalo" ... Now people like Steve Vai and Alan Holdsworth keep me going . In recent history , there have been 2 diffinitive types of popular music , music for people the don't like music , and music for people that like music . It makes my adnoids curdle to see alot of the "hits" be just samples ; loops of the same measure of a previous song . In 1984 , I met an amazing musician , he played drums . He was the same age as I , we started a band called Interval , got a bass player , and created a modest following . The DC scene didnt have too many power trios . In 1988 , a friend of my then- time-bassist , had a rap song that was being recorded up in N.Y s' village, at Eben Ozens' studio. The song was called ,"Cat In the Hat", rap tune by "Little Benny & the Masters ". I went up to contribute what they wanted , a mean kick-ass guitar solo ... they sampled my playing , ( never promised to pay me , I was excited just to get the experience ), but whats worse, they never gave me credit on the 12 inch ... It shames me to realize my own obscilesense , "Nobody wants guitar solos anymore" or , "Cant you just play simple chords? No diminished what-you-micallits? . I digress ... So , I dont feel as though I've come full circle yet , but in the near future , I hope to get something going with the project I've devoted myself to ... Thanks Belle , for starting this Intro Thread , I've really enjoyed sharing , and I'm really wired from the coffee , no more for me thanks ... :wink:

#1573 by xEejitx
Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:18 am
I'm Doug. I live near Vancouver, WA. Played bass for a few years now, and I'm digging it quite thoroughly. I'm in a band...sort of... in Portland. I get pretty bored playing the stuff we play, just because it isn't any fun. It's hard to get into it. They were songs written before I joined on board, but the other guys are extremely talented. I'm trying to find another band to f**k around with that's closer than Portland, so if anyone out there is interested, check me out!

#1607 by Auburn Diva
Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:30 am
Hello, everyone! I'm Julie, a vocalist in Daytona Beach. I'm originally from Cincinnati, Ohio, but I moved to Daytona in January. I'm looking for some talented musicians in my area for recording, gigging, & touring.

#1702 by Fendercaster
Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:22 pm
I'm Scott, a newbie here from Frederick, Maryland, though I'll be moving to Milledgeville, Georgia at the end of October. I've been playing lead guitar and singing in local weekend country/classic rock bands for almost 30 years. I'm looking forward to finding or starting a band when I get to Georgia. Age (I'm 56) has taken its toll with plenty of aches and pains, but I still look forward to playing every weekend! Nice to meet you all. (I'm moving to Georgia, I guess I should learn to say y'all!)

#1710 by Everybody Falls
Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:29 pm
Hey everyone. Haven't been on this site for a while. I'm looking for people to collatorate with. Check out my music at www.myspace.com/everybodyfalls.

Shoot me an email if your interested...:)