This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#249955 by Jeffrey Lane
Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:25 am
Good Evening Everyone. My name's Jeff and I've been a member of this site for quite a while and love perusing the forums to listen to new artists and learn new things about the business that I want to be in, but currently only am on the very outskirts of :)

I'll go right out and say it.. I love singing more than any other hobby. On that note, I love Karaoke. As i'm sure many of you do too. I'm one of those people that has natural singing talent, but....my instrumental talent is about as good as a 2 year old banging pans together. Because I love singing so much, I try to go out and do karaoke as much as possible, even to the point of having singing parties at my house HAHA!! I sing country, rock, and everything in between (except hip-hop/rap).

My wife and kids are my biggest supporters, as they go with me when I sing, and even convinced me to record some of my karaoke covers and put them on Youtube (up to 70 covers now), and made my very own Facebook page. Until I can actually find a band to be a part of, ((which is why I joined this site)), I'll continue to sing my little heart out to anyone that will listen.

Here is a Brooks & Dunn cover that I'm pretty proud of: https://youtu.be/iaIN9Ne5bTc

I look forward to getting to know everyone and furthering my aspirations.

For any that are interested, my Facebook page is
https://www.facebook.com/JEFFREYTHEMUSICMAN/

My YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/fightermage
#250531 by crystal1099583
Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:51 am
Hi I just wanted to intro myself. I live in Los Angeles . here i join this to discussion about Music and electronica .
#250533 by schmedidiah
Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:00 pm
Hi Crystal. Welcome.

Jeffrey, county singer guy. Could you please tell us about your James Taylor cover?
How did that go down? Did the players multitrack their parts on top of each other?

http://youtu.be/8m8eBNlNl-8
#250731 by crystal1099583
Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:42 am
Hello Friends.. What's up ..??

Nice to meet you everyone on here . i am new member of BandMix forums . Looking here to some Music Discussion Like Electronic Music , Electronic.
#250735 by schmedidiah
Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:38 pm
crystal1099583 wrote:Looking here to some Music Discussion Like
Electronic Music ,
Electronic.

Start a thread about it (General Music Chat). I listen to some stuff like that.
#251616 by brianna596312
Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:07 pm
Hello, everyone! I'm new here, and a 20 yr. old female guitarist. I've been playing for about 2 years now (I'm all right most times) and my dream is to become a sick lead guitarist. Totally interested in meeting up with anybody who also plays guitar or needs a rhythm/lead guitarist in their band. I love 60s-70s music, especially things like Rush, April Wine, AC/DC, Aerosmith, stuff like that, but I'm totally fine with branching out into new types of music and learning songs/music you like, too.
#255110 by LarryMilamUnleashed
Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:46 am
Dash, I guess your post describes my younger years pretty well. I was too busy making money to enjoy my passion of playing guitar and learning the ins and outs of recording, mixing and producing. I have no knowledge of making videos so I'd love to learn that too. Right now since I'm retired I'm just looking for people to jam and learn with and have fun enjoying my love of making music.
#255301 by vocalmatch
Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:09 am
Hello All . Newbie Here !! I have joined this forum to share and learn the music experiences of all the great people here.
#256746 by Rich Conover
Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:11 pm
Short story is I lost my right arm in motorcycle wreck in '85. That never stopped me from doing anything. Always loved rock n roll. few months ago I saw a couple of youtube videos of a guy named Mark in SanFran slaying Voodoo Child on an SG on the street corner. Showed a drummer friend of mine and he said he thought I could play guitar too...if I really wanted. So in January of 2016 I bought an Epiphone Les Paul with an amp, tuned it to open G, on the advice of my buddy and started teaching myself to play. Turns out I love it and can actually play...I started practicing about two hours a day on the major and minor pentatonic scales and a half dozen or so basic rock tunes like cocaine, smoke on the water, can't explain. Making great progress, in my opinion. I've jammed a few times with my buddy playing just a cajon and now I'm playing more stuff like rebel rebel, twist and shout, sunshine of your love, cold gin, iron man. Bought a better 1960's tribute les paul with Gibson '57 humbuckers and a fender mustang 1 modeling amp a week or so ago and having even more fun. I'm looking for some local (Naples, FL) musicians to jam with...if you are open to playing once in a while with an over the top enthusiastic newbie, message me. \m/
#258945 by schmedidiah
Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:38 pm
Sorry if I missed it, Richard, but how are you playing guitar with one arm? Don't mean to be rude. I've thought about how it would work before, seeing how I work in construction.... :shock: