This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#62789 by Kramerguy
Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:02 pm
welcome to the forums GWA

You will learn a lot here if you hang around. One thing I wanted to note- that you said you weren't looking for a band, and that's cool, but one of the ways to learn the fastest is to do just that. Being in a band forces you to practice and 'step up to the plate' more than just playing along.

You might also consider finding another musician to jam with once in a while. You will find that BMix isn't the most responsive place to find people and bands, craigslist seems more productive overall, but some have made connections through here, and these forums are fantastic.

Good luck

#62816 by GreatWhiteApe
Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:15 pm
Kramerguy wrote:welcome to the forums GWA

You will learn a lot here if you hang around. One thing I wanted to note- that you said you weren't looking for a band, and that's cool, but one of the ways to learn the fastest is to do just that. Being in a band forces you to practice and 'step up to the plate' more than just playing along.

You might also consider finding another musician to jam with once in a while. You will find that BMix isn't the most responsive place to find people and bands, craigslist seems more productive overall, but some have made connections through here, and these forums are fantastic.

Good luck

Thanks Kramerguy,

I appreciate the advice. To be honest, I am really kind of opened minded about looking for a band. I am just not decided what style of music I want to play. I have good knowledge of the basics, now I am just studying the different genres. Trying to find my own sound.

GWA

#62851 by Reach For The Bleach
Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:20 am
Hey, im Becca, used to be in a Blondie cover, but shiz happened and had to quite, now looking to restart with new people :) so just a quick hello :D

#62867 by repressthecadence
Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:41 pm
Hey, welcome to the forums. Have fun and good luck!

#64589 by joewilk
Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:26 pm
Hello,

Greetings to all. I've been playing guitar 35 years, but I can quit anytime I want.

:mrgreen:

JW
#65990 by Epix182
Sun May 03, 2009 2:03 am
Hey my name is Eric. I am a novice percussionist. I'm in a situation where I'm moving out to O.C. California and must sell my drums. I just wanted to introduce my self before I post my drums in the for sale section.

#66051 by MadmX
Sun May 03, 2009 7:12 pm
Hey all!

Kay Johnson (aka MadmX) here from AZ... no I'm not female... the MadmX name is a long sorted story that has nothing to do with music...:)

I’m a 43 year old guitar player originally from the No Cal… got my first set of drums at 13, played until I was 18… gigged all over Cal, mostly San Fran and Napa Valley.. did my first night club gig when I was 16… wasn’t allowed to drink, but I didn’t care..:)

Picked up guitar at 18… moved to Zoney and came this close ->| |<- to getting signed by Polydor in the mid 80’s but it was not to be… got married in 89, sold all my stuff and didn’t play a note until 2006 when my wife and kids got me a rig for Christmas….. what a great year that was!!!

Sooo… here I am, looking for a singer for a CD project and playing because I want too… don’t need the money any more so I’m having a good time!

That was probably more info than anyone needed…. Sorry bout that..:)

X!

#66118 by fisherman bob
Mon May 04, 2009 5:08 am
My bad, I thought you WERE a woman. Who is that singing on your tunes? Sounds like a woman to me. Anyway, welcome to Bandmmix, your songs rock, glad you introduced yourself here. Good luck...

#66200 by MadmX
Mon May 04, 2009 9:57 pm
Ya.... that always sucks.... I think I will change the name.... everyone thinks I'm great until they find out I'm not a "girl" ... then I'm just a face in the crowd...

I'm not so sure if I was a lady I would be flaterred by the attention just because I'm female... (of course I'm not so I don't really know) I'm thinking if the music is good it's good.. not "you rock.... for a girl"

I guess I suck now....:(

X!

#66229 by fisherman bob
Tue May 05, 2009 3:15 am
Your tunes definitely don't suck. Madmx and Kay would lead almost anyone to think you were a woman. There's nothing wrong with being transgender or transexual if that's your intention. If you don't want to be confused for a woman then maybe you should change the name. I wouldn't call myself fisherwoman bobbie, that might lead people to believe I was a woman. I've got way too much testosterone for that...

#66437 by Starfish Scott
Wed May 06, 2009 12:17 pm
Don't get hung up on appearances, man.

Just post a pic of you as your profile instead of the skunk..
#67198 by jsantos
Wed May 13, 2009 3:15 pm
Hello, I am new here.

#68186 by Crip2Nite
Fri May 22, 2009 9:23 am
.....same here.... ya buncha muthafukkaz! :twisted:
#70683 by PTRBand
Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:41 pm
Hello all, I moved here from California sunny beaches and desert lands, to the Windy City full of musical flavors in early December 2008. I look forward to playing out soon, providing the right drummer comes into the picture, but soon, we will just go line out acoustic gigs if need be. I see a lot of tribute band action here in Chicago so far, and while we strive to be only originals, I feel we will have to break it up with some cover work as well.
I look forward to meeting you all, be it here, or on the stages.

#72817 by BERDOO
Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:53 pm
BERDOO FROM SAN BERNARDINO CALIFORNIA IS LOOKING FOR PROFESSIONAL MUSICIANS TO TOUR MAJOR EVENTS, CURRENTLY IN COLORADO FINISHING NEW RECORDING. SHOWS IN USA, CANADA AND THE UNITED KINGDOM.
MUSIC AND PHOTOS CAN BE SEEN AT:
www.myspace.com/Berdoorocks
www.bandmix.com/Berdoo