This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#73001 by Tendure
Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:34 pm
check out Tendure"s Dream......

#73573 by BuffaloMO
Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:32 pm
Hi everybody,

My name is Joseph Cabot and I live in S.E. Kansas. I am a Bass guitar player attempting to form a Rock Cover & Original Show Band which is named Buffalo MO.

#73879 by belladonna
Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:33 pm
Hello everyone! I am the lead singer of belladonna and we are currently looking for band members in the towns of Wise, Norton, Big Stone Gap,VA. AND Kingsport, Johnson City, TN. If you know anyone who is really committed message us! thanks!

#73926 by Chippy
Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:56 am
I'm Chippy and I live in NJ where it sucks. :D

#75819 by chuck_m
Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:11 pm
Hello!

Im a 41 year young guitarist from Chicagoland USA! I currently live in Glen Ellyn IL and I have a nice life here. I love playing guitar and I strive to find good people. I have been in the local cover scene here but the NW suburban scene is all about the 80's and it makes for a very select clique of musicians. So far I have had a couple of hard rock coverbands but both are in the past due to personal crap and drama....sigh

I am looking for musicians to form a new coverband to try again and I am helping a friend with arranging his material.

I play each day and I hope to have a band soon.

I travel alot, I have a great family and I take care of em all I can. I like good food, good wine and good rock music!

Glad to be here

Chuck

#75820 by jsantos
Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:27 pm
chuck_m wrote:Hello!

Im a 41 year young guitarist from Chicagoland USA! I currently live in Glen Ellyn IL and I have a nice life here.

Chuck

Hails from Chicago Chuck! Welcome!

#78423 by Lightningeckel
Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:17 pm
Looks like everyone is a musician these days and having a band is like having an extra car, Im seeing more jam sets on Cable TV , the guy who cooks and some other show. Hey does everyone know theres no money in it?
so just play for the fun of it and keep buying equipment its good for the economy!!

#78439 by RhythmMan
Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:05 pm
No money, eh?
Local events & festivals here are paying from $200 to $1200 for 2 hours work.
You don't know what you're talking about.
#78878 by JC Drums
Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:47 pm
New to the forum today. Looking to form group that can play any style of music. Hoping I can meet some folks here & keep up to date on what's going on in the biz.

Cheers!

#78888 by RhythmMan
Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:42 pm
JC - a group that can play any style of music: sounds good to me.
Folks will tell you there isn't any market for it; but they're wrong.
The fact-of-the-matter is that there's almost no bands willing to play several styles of music.
My band does.
My band plays all originals - when I play 10 songs, you'll likely hear 10 different styles of music.
It's a newly-formed band, still learning songs (only 60 originals to choose from, so far: adding more every month)
All different styles of music - AND all originals.
. . .
AND -
They have only learned 2 hours of music, so far . . .
Everybody told me we'll never be able to gig. Yet we've already had some paying gigs, and with only 2 sets of music . . .
All different styles of music - all originals, and only 2 hours of material.
What could be harder?
But - we're doing it, because the market is there; don't let anybody tell you any different.
My hat's off to you for wanting to be part of that same market.
By the way - most of the musicians here are into hard rock and metal, and predominantly play cover songs.
Best wishes - let us know how it's going..
Alan

#79059 by kim Hightower
Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:45 am
Hi , How exciting...all of us talking of our worldly experiences! I also am a singer/songwriter, crappy guitarist and pianist, sing in a cover band{we do a few of my originals...but I am always yearning to do more originals...Iam new to studio recording and I love it so that is my current adventure..Love "story" music of any genre..I wanna feel the words shed the tears and fall in love when I listen...and thats the way i sing too...what do you like? :D

#79074 by RhythmMan
Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:10 pm
Hi, HJ.
You'd probably do good in CT.
Welcome.

#79091 by Blitz and The Thundertone
Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:26 pm
Hey we need a drummer now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........Oi!!!!!!!!!!!!!...and Hi!!!!!!!!!!1

#82898 by fisherman bob
Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:13 am
BuffaloMO wrote:Hi everybody,

My name is Joseph Cabot and I live in S.E. Kansas. I am a Bass guitar player attempting to form a Rock Cover & Original Show Band which is named Buffalo MO.
Hello Joseph, I'm also a bass player in Kansas and a lead singer (blues). Hope you get your new band going soon. Welcome to Bandmix.