This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#236143 by schmedidiah
Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:31 pm
The Foo Fighters video was good. I don't really like them, but the Wasted Years performance blew me away.
I've seen Iron Maiden twice, you kids nailed it. Hot For Teacher was just a mess. I had to bail. You can't win em all. Are you still with School Of Rock?
#236147 by Devikah
Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:09 pm
LOL Different strokes for different folks, as my dad likes to say. It's the stuff of life. :)

I'll be on sabbatical leave from the SOR after this weekend. Taking a hiatus so that I can make myself more available to session/substitute drum with some local bands here. Looking forward to stretching my drumming skills by playing various genres with various bands... instead of the same songs with the same band.

schmedidiah wrote:The Foo Fighters video was good. I don't really like them, but the Wasted Years performance blew me away.
I've seen Iron Maiden twice, you kids nailed it. Hot For Teacher was just a mess. I had to bail. You can't win em all. Are you still with School Of Rock?
#236148 by Devikah
Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:17 pm
Thank you for the observation, GMB.

I do my own video editing after the recording is completed. My dad videos with a Canon camera, and we use only one overhead mike (Blue Yeti) that records into the Audacity program on my laptop. I bring it all together via Vegas Pro.

Here's hoping that my video editing skills improve significantly in the near future. :)

GuitarMikeB wrote:
Devikah wrote:Greetings and salutations, guys.

Just became a premier member and looking forward to what it has to offer.

I am a new session/substitute drummer in the Las Vegas area and will be taking a hiatus, shortly, from the School of Rock to make myself more available for performance and recording gigs.

Feel free to knock on my door when you have a session or substitute drummer need in my neck of the woods.

Thanks.

Devi

I noticed a little out-of-synch problem with the video, audio was off just a tad, really only noticeable on the cymbals, just a small fraction of a second. Good playing!
#236214 by Peter Radd
Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:05 am
Hello everyone,

I am a jingle composer, i want to introduce myself. I am working in the fields of making jingles for past 20 years.
I make catchy jingles which is good for any business.

Nowadays business without jingles is like fish without water. Jingle helps us to promote our business and jingles makes home in people's mind thus they get attracted towards your business.

Thank you
#236221 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:16 pm
JoshuaHCWu wrote: am preparing songs to enter at songwritingcompetition.com, the deadline is September 18th for 2014 if you are interested!

$30 per entry. Any "contest" that charges a stiff entry fee like that only has one real purpose - to make money for the people running it. Good luck.
#236224 by MikeTalbot
Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:36 pm
Peter

I have a modeling amp that actually has a preset for 'jingling.' I thought some of Van Halen's later stuff sounded like advertisements, or designed to be used as such subsequently.

From what I've read Jimmy Page and others like him did the music for jingles to help keep the wolf from the door in the early days. It's an area of 'show biz' that we don't usually think about but yep, there it is.

Good luck

Talbot
#236842 by MusicTwitch
Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:16 am
Hey guys,

Pleasure to be here with you. My name is Corey and I am one of the founders of Musictwitch.com . We are in the midst of getting funding to launch the site and hope to see all of you soon!!!! Check out our kickstarter page which goes into more detail about what Musictwitch.com is all about.

Great to meet you all

Corey - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... e-of-music
#236882 by Matty SeXus
Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:31 pm
Hello everyone! My name is Matty SeXus. I have been playing music for about 7 years now. I am a solo artist as of right now working on writing my own songs to grow as an artist and further my abilities, plus the band thing unfortunately has not worked out for me in the past so I thought I would take a different route in my journey. I hope to one day play music for a living. Right now I do not have any original material online but I am posting covers on my youtube channel. My hopes in being a part of this forum is to help me gain more of an audience prior to releasing original material and honestly just to meet some new and hopefully chill people who share the same passion as me. I absolutely love meeting new musicians. (but not the egotistic, jerk kind of musician) this goes for EVERYONE, feel free to message me, share your art with me, links to pages, sub for sub on youtube, like for like on fb, ect.

I hope posting links here is okay, I didn't see anything on the rules about it. mods and admins if it is an issue please just remove the links and send me a message letting me know where I may share my pages and stuff. thank you so much, looking forward to being a part of this forum! :)

facebook.com/harlotsrose

youtube.com/user/XMattyXSeXusX
#236887 by Skitsomunkey
Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:02 am
Welcome, Bill and Matty.

I haven't had much luck finding other musicians using this website or forum, but maybe that's because I am in the middle of Kansas.

I don't believe links are against the rules, as long as they are relevant.