This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#2099 by Rum Runner
Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:21 am
Hi All-

My name is Mike and I currently hail from Southwestern Louisiana. Been here about 3-1/2 years. I'm 49 and have been playing guitar for just over 2 yesrs but I'm quite committed to my development; I'm taking lessons and practice six days a week for at least an hour a day. I can play rhythm OK and am learning to play lead.

I joined this forum hoping to find some other committed musicians who wouldn't mind being joined by someone who is still in the developing phase.

Don't know that I'm ready right now for a serous band looking to play a lot of gigs but I do need to get out and learn to play with other folks. So a garage band setting or a group that ust gets together to jam would be ideal.

I'm mainly into classic rock and the jambans scene but am willing to explore other genres.

Anyhow, take care.
#2151 by Guest
Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:57 pm
I've been known in the forum as EXIT 20 but my upcoming departure of the band has me going solo now.So,think of me as Jon,formerly of EXIT 20.I'm still the same lovable drummer............... :D

#2205 by GibbZ
Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:00 pm
I'm a metalist from Iowa. I joined to see if there was anyone in the Northeastern part of the state that plays metal. My lead guitarist and I are quite firmly convinced that Iowa is bereft of metal, but only time will tell. I play bass, guitar, drums, keys, and can sing/scream/growl with mediocrity. I write original material with my best friend and lead guitarist, who is really quite skilled. We also play some covers to learn new techniques, keep in practice, or just pretend we're a really awesome band...
#2622 by garymitchell
Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:34 pm
hey guys whats up. i'm gary, drummer for a band called Big Pretty and the Red Rockets based in Chapel Thrill North Carolina. just sayin whats up. we are heading up north to do some touring come october, so yankees holla back. its a pretty crazy mix of instruments and influences. if you like stuff thats outside the box (or doesnt even HAVE a box) you can check us out on itunes, or BPandRR.com.

everybody keep it real.
g

#2740 by chachaangelina
Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:51 pm
Hello, Everyone!
I joined about a week ago. I am a singer/songwriter/musician.
I've been on two big tours with my ex-husband (back when we weren't ex's); I've been on the Howard Stern Show, To Tell The Truth, America's Funniest Home Videos (second place winner), and international news during the Gore/Bush election mess as a singer/performer. I was also filmed by 20/20 but it hasn't yet aired as a private investigator. In 2003 I produced a Broadway-style musical in my hometown, Youngstown, Ohio, "Remember Idora." (to read more about that topic, go to the forum "Michael Jackson BS!!!)

At the present time, I am in the process of creating a kids' TV show, The Learning Castle. It looks like I've finally found a reliable video editor, thanks to BandMix! IF ANYONE ELSE IS NEAR GAINESVILLE, FLORIDA AND INTERESTED IN BECOMING A VIDEO EDITOR, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

After thirty episodes of The Learning Castle are completed, I will start booking a tour for The Learning Castle band. I might already have a keyboardist, a drummer, and a bass player, but extras are always welcome, in case someone drops out or becomes ill.

So, if you're interested in touring or becoming a video editor, and you're near or want to be near to Gainesville, Florida, let me know!
Cha Cha Angelina [email protected]
#2879 by Guest
Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:10 am
I've never even been in a chat before -ha! My name is Kate and I just joined Bandmix toinght. Looks like there aren't a lot of people who come to the chat area, but if anyone does...

I'm a gal from Phoenix, AZ looking to get into a band. I don't have any experience in a band so am wondering - how the heck do people get started in one? Hopefully this is the right place - but it's a little intimidating...

I play guitar and sing and write lyrics for songs. Since I've finally got time to get back into this scene I'm very excited!!!!! I finally have a hobby/love again:)

So - any advice???????

Belle wrote:Since this forum is brand new, I thought it might be all right to introduce ourselves. If the mods don't want it, I'll understand. But if it's okay, then here goes!

I'm in Texas and have been a singer/songwriter/guitarist back in the day. Right now I'm a lyricist. I've also got a novel written about a band coming out of Austin. It's my first attempt at self-publishing. My learning curve is straight up!!

So, who all have we got on here? Let's hear from you. What you're up to, where you're from. Who are you listening to right now?

Coffee's on. Kick off your shoes, sit back and relax. :D

#2880 by chachaangelina
Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:27 am
Hi, Kate!
I don't know a lot about Phoenix, AZ, although I work for two colleges that are based out of Phoenix, AZ. I work as an online college professor for them and I love my jobs!!

Getting started in a band? I know here in Gainesville, Florida, most of the music stores allow postings in their "book" or on their bulletin board. There's also jam sessions in mostly every town, which is a good way to get started.
And some people advertise in their local newspaper.

As for me, I did meet one guy through Bandmix who wants to video edit for me.

I'm the kind of person who enjoys indepth conversations but not in regular chat rooms, for obvious reasons. So, if you're inclined to chat, I'll keep the convo going and reply to any post. I'm on line frequently, since it is my paycheck.

chachaangelina

#2881 by RhythmMan
Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:43 am
katelynn,
Hi, welcome to bandmix. :)
Try a google search.
Key words such as: musician, available, looking, guitar, singer, wanted, and your home state . . .
I've had a few bytes that way - THEY found ME. :)
Also, you might talk to music instructors - see if any of their old students are in bands & looking . . .
Good luck
Alan

#2893 by Guest
Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:06 pm
Hi Kate,

Welcome to bandmix.
You might also try craigslist.com for musicians classifieds.
It has been very helpful for me.

#2899 by BNCarrollPR
Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:57 am
Hi everyone!

Just curious... anyone lurking on here from the Birmingham, AL area?

#2971 by chrispi
Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:35 am
hey belle
hi im chris from peoria illinois and im a guitarist il chat if you leave a messege saying to do so im on yahoo

christhehero

look me up im into all music and everything to do with it
later chris

#2973 by kit hitter
Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:59 pm
Well alright folks,here goes:

I am new to the site and I hope it doesn't deteriorate into just another Seinfeld type forum!

I am a drummer currently 'trapped' in Columbus,Ohio.I have been playing off and on for about 25 years.I am currently involved in 4 projects:Classic rock,2 blues bands and a 4 man funk collabo.

I am interested in all types of music as long as the groove is there!

My interests are the usual musician stuff so...

I am looking to converse about music in general;the state of the industry right now,"war stories",etc.
Please reply if there's anyone out there.I'll stay tuned...

Tricks get you laid,but the pocket gets you paid!

Kithitter!

#2974 by chachaangelina
Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:09 pm
Hey there, Columbus!
I am from Youngstown, Ohio, but I'll never forget Columbus. Two years ago, on I-71, I broke my right leg in eight places near Washington Courthouse.
I was helicoptered back into OSU for six hours of emergency surgery.
But as they say in show biz--"break a leg!" That I did!
Welcome to Bandmix.
I'm here in Florida now and I'm producing a kids' tv show and looking for traveling band members once the show is up and running on PBS. My leg is now fine--I guess I'm bionic! (dancing, roller skating, trampoline, no problem)
You were raised in Columbus?
chachaangelina

#2996 by Auburn Diva
Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:40 pm
Cheer up, Kit, it could be worse; you could be in Cleveland! I'm from Cincinnati. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome, Chris. Love the hair!