This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#84144 by Weeeeee!
Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:34 am
Hi everyone. I'm Ron from Salt Lake City. Just signed on today. I sing, play bass, and guitar. I've been playing since I was about 5. I'm just looking to join a band, or find other easy-going musicians to jam with.

#86163 by Dessalines
Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:16 pm
Hi I'm Bob from Massachusetts. The "for fun" band I was in for six years is on hiatus as our lead guitar player and our drummer went to Florida for work. Just sitting around now writing songs and playing.

#86276 by SmellKellHell
Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:59 pm
Finally a site where you can hear my demos and contact me...

SmellKellHell
is a girl from Ontario Canada, born 1985.
Slowly been teaching myself theory and techniques.
Any form of music can be appreciated, depending on mood.

ENJOY MY DEMOS
+ feel free to add me!

http://www.myspace.com/smellkellhell666
#87264 by skidfrog
Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:41 pm
Hi all

I'm loving the feel I get from this forum.....sounds a lot more supportive than other visual artist forums I have frequented . I think that may be because music is more collaborative....whereas creating visual art is more solitary.

Anyway.....Yes...I work in the visual arts industry......designing and storyboarding for TV and film.....mostly animation and a rare illustration jobs or computer game design along the way . Written and illustrated one book and working on another . The last few years have been a struggle as companies are coming up with ways to wrestle the artists out of the creative process.....or reduce their dependancy .

So with a few months of free time here and there I'll be trying to get into singing ....it's a lot safer than my vintage motorcycle racing hobby!

Thanks...and good luck to all !

Dermot

[email protected]

http://zoomfrog.blogspot.com/

#89198 by M Mikael
Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:08 am
Who can help me figure out the notes that Robert Cray is playing on the song called "My last regret" There are no tabs anywhere and all I have is this video. Is there anyone who can help me out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHFfmwFHOq0

#89200 by Starfish Scott
Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:09 am
spam much, dikhead?

NEW PEOPLE, please, please, please DO NOT SPAM EVERY FORUM for whatever it is you desire.

If you SPAM all forums, your posts will be taken down.

And if you are serious about anything music related, try to upload something on to the site. It's a well-known faux pas to go off half-cocked and have NO MUSIC on the site.

(Most people here do not want to chase your sample to another site, either)

#91029 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:38 am
FARTS IN THE WIND. LOL!

#91562 by ASC_Chris
Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:47 pm
Hey all, I'm Chris from Nashua, NH. Just joined the site today, liking what I see so far.

I'm an intermediate drummer, been doing it for about a year and a half now. No real stage experience or anything like that, but I'm hoping to rectify that in the future.

Anyways, I hope to find others to jam and experiment! It's definitely more fun to play with others around, something I've unfortunately been lacking for the most part.

#92502 by JazManJ
Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:49 pm
JazManJ

Looking to Network and Vibe with Musicians!
I am in what is known as the "DEEP SOUTH"
Here, the music of choice is Blues (aka 'Southern Soul),
Country, Southern Gospel, and of course Hip Hop. Nothing against these good music forms... of course
But if there are any people out there that can feed their hearts and souls on
some Soul, and Funk... some QUALITY music--

I'm looking to contact/ network and MAKE some MUSIC!
Just signed up today;

WISH ME LUCK

JazManJ

#93226 by egoins01 at hotmailcom
Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:39 pm
hi ,my name is scott
i'm new here,hope to meet new musician friends to share with.
I write and compose music,ecliptic styles....i've played metal since i was 19 ,42 now,(hard findig a metal band when youre 42 unfortunatly)most folx around here think i'm talking Motley Crew when i say metal and 42 in the same sentence.currently i'm looking into symphonic metal like sirenia and the other female singer bands. Love the operetic vocals with the groweling. feel free to contact me if you like. I have posted my hotmail address in my profile along with 1 song i wrote and performed in my last band angelic flame,which btw is on hiatus....so now im looking for another bunch to collaborate with.I like mixing styles,as most metal musicians know ,metal is a mix of deep classical and jazz fusion.
anyhoo...........i'm in south east tennessee,looking to start another exrierimental band.Feel free to listen to , comment,give pointers,etc.to the stuff on my profile.Hoping to add some more music files in the future.
Thanx for reading.And God bless you all.
#93674 by Davi Santos
Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:50 pm
Hi there!

My name is Davi, I'm 27 and I've been playing in church since 17. Check my profile, I've got some originals and been working into some new stuff. I play Keys and Acoustic Guitar, I'm into all styles of music, specially Rock. Not a big fan of Heavy, although I play it sometimes.

Great to be here!

#93677 by gbheil
Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:01 pm
Welcome ya'll !!

#93749 by Starfish Scott
Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:16 pm
Look at all the bodies piling up..

Looks like the check-in desk at the "Guitar World Magazine Lodge" in sunny Anaheim, CA...

Attention all you CA people. lol

#94471 by sheujade
Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:56 am
Hello everyone! I am a brand spankin' new member, just this evening in fact. I have been writing music for years, but unfortunately I have yet to complete a song...so I have come to seek help in finishing some demos.
I am more of a vocalist due to the fact I never had the time to take up guitar lessons heh. I had a Les Paul Sunburst, but unfortuantely it was stolen...soooo, I'm in need of a partner who has the time to get together or side projects. I've been in several bands, had a manager and a producer..but you know how politics go as far as the music industry.
I'm just a starving artist like everyone else. I'm not looking to get back on stage professionally, although doing gigs every other weekend on stage is ok with a local band. I'm looking to pass my songs around and hopefully get noticed as a song writer. I have an MP3 loaded up, but it does not have any vocals and it needs polishing...but you can take a listen if you want.
I wish I would have found a site like this in my 20's instead of running amuck for a label that was never going to move in the first place.
But..these are the cards I have been dealt..so I'm here with the rest of you...hoping. :wink:

#94497 by RhythmMan
Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:04 pm
Welcome, Sheujade.
Merry Christmas.
Alan