This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#224520 by Litost
Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:25 am
There is more catfighting on here than in a school full of freshmen drama queens.
Bring back the music, please.

#224524 by Planetguy
Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:11 pm
well, the last two posts i started about music got spammed.

why? to make some childish point.

i'd much prefer when someone has a beef w me over something i say or do.....call me out on it man to man. we'll discuss it. if i'm wrong i'll apologize.

that's what grown men do.

#224526 by zar535135
Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:30 pm
Thats what "Mature Men" do. "Grown" is just a fact of physical life. Someone can be physically grown, but mentally lack the maturity level that their body has reached. Thats when you get posts that are laced with Homo-Phobia slander and petty personal attacks

#224529 by Planetguy
Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:36 pm
zar535135 wrote:Thats what "Mature Men" do. "Grown" is just a fact of physical life. Someone can be physically grown, but mentally lack the maturity level that their body has reached. Thats when you get posts that are laced with Homo-Phobia slander and petty personal attacks


grown men = shorthand for grown UP men.

#224530 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:41 pm
My wife told me "you can grow old, just don't grow up" but I don't think she was referring to maturity, just not acting like an old f*ck.

#224636 by MikeTalbot
Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:01 pm
I was chatting with a rather mundane fellow at a Publix Supermarket and mentioned that I'd been at a garage band rave up the night before.

The asshole replied - 'Aren't you kinda old for that?"

I told him that since I was the bass player for that event that it would have been kind of weird for me to not show up!

Talbot

#224654 by fisherman bob
Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:48 am
In certain ways I have never grown up. I still fish, play disc golf, and yes still play in bands. In other ways I've grown up too much, had way more of hardship, enough for ten men, therefore I fish, play disc golf and yes, play in bands.

#224655 by fisherman bob
Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:48 am
In certain ways I have never grown up. I still fish, play disc golf, and yes still play in bands. In other ways I've grown up too much, had way more of hardship, enough for ten men, therefore I fish, play disc golf and yes, play in bands.

#224658 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:27 am
Thanks Bob. I enjoyed reading that twice. LOL.

#224660 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:39 am
Planetguy wrote:well, the last two posts i started about music got spammed.

why? to make some childish point.

i'd much prefer when someone has a beef w me over something i say or do.....call me out on it man to man. we'll discuss it. if i'm wrong i'll apologize.

that's what grown men do.


The fact is the last 2 threads you started had nothing to do with music.

Standing up for your beliefs and for crip2nite were just your personal attack.

You won't apologize... In my opinion there is no real need too.

But I do wish you would start to see the illogical replies you add and the hidden little digs you add. Personal attacks in the name of advancing your own personal truth.

#224673 by jw123
Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:59 pm
You see this on ay forum you go to on the internet,, someone always wants to be the alpha male and will do whatever to descredit everyone else.

I look at it like this, we all have an opinion, and opinions are like ass holes we all got em, so I just stay out of the back and forth crap for the most part, but when Im bored it can be great entertainment.

On this site, I personally jst try to stay focused on music, cause thats why Im here, if you want to do something about the world get off the fughen computor and go do something.

Save the drama for your mama

#224674 by Planetguy
Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:02 pm
GLENNY J wrote:
Planetguy wrote:well, the last two posts i started about music got spammed.

why? to make some childish point.

i'd much prefer when someone has a beef w me over something i say or do.....call me out on it man to man. we'll discuss it. if i'm wrong i'll apologize.

that's what grown men do.


The fact is the last 2 threads you started had nothing to do with music.

Standing up for your beliefs and for crip2nite were just your personal attack.

You won't apologize... In my opinion there is no real need too.

But I do wish you would start to see the illogical replies you add and the hidden little digs you add. Personal attacks in the name of advancing your own personal truth.


and again....more lies and deception from you.

you know perfectly well i was referring to these two threads:

What are the odds

Size matters


yet you choose to lie about it. your arguments (lies) are built on sand.


glen, when was the last time you told the truth? about anything?

do you even know when you're lying at this point?


lies, misdirection, spreading falsehoods....a complete lack of ethics on your part.

one can only hope you demonstrate better ethics w your customers.

#224675 by sanshouheil
Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:21 pm
Being "mature" has more to do with how ( and often when ) one enjoys life's pleasures, than abstaining from them.
#224679 by Shamanic_Dreamer
Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:36 pm
Litost wrote:There is more catfighting on here than in a school full of freshmen drama queens.
Bring back the music, please.


Truly. I don't know who runs this site, but evidently whoever it is doesn't seem to care much about it. I joined mainly for the musician search function just to create a profile and possibly hook up with some local musicians. So I'm not real interested in the forums anyway.

I also wouldn't want to get involved with a bunch of immature quibbling on the forums. That's not going to make me look very inviting to other potential musicians. It's not my nature to be that way in real life anyway so why stoop to getting involved with it on here?

I'm just starting out with making music videos. I might post these on the forum at some point and I'll definitely be adding them to my profile when they are ready.

At this point I'm a "one-man-band". So I need to lay down each track individually, and when making a video and that includes laying down a video track as well, then syncing everything up. I'm new to the video production end of things so there's a learning curve with the video editing software. I also have cheap video cameras, so the video quality isn't very good either.

But a person has to start somewhere.

#224681 by J-HALEY
Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:46 pm
Shamanic_dreamer, welcome to the forum. Don't worry about anything you say on here ruining your chances at getting in a good band. No one reads this crap anyway lol! Good look with your videos and post them here you will get some good advise and constructive criticism on ways to improve your product. I use my profile site here as a website. Unless you are in a very large city that's about all it is good for. Good luck to you!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests