This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#221471 by Litost
Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:46 am
yod wrote:it is great to find someone who obsesses about football as much as I do :lol:

But Atlanta will fade....

My choice of sleeper surprises (besides Dallas) are Arizona and St Louis. And Brady loses a lot every year and still figures out how to beat defenses with whatever he has. When it's all been said and done, he will prove to be the greatest QBack ever.

Yes... I know that Texas is the football state... your friggin High School stadiums are typically better than most College football stadiums, haha. It's sick.
I can't agree with those sleeper choice though... Sam Bradford in St. Louis doesn't impress me at all. I know they got one of the best wide outs in the draft, but they also lost some key players going into this year, such as Danny Amendola and Stephen Jackson.
Arizona... man, oh man... they, (along with St. Louis) are in the most difficult division out of the entire NFL to win in. Having to face Seattle and San Francisco four times every year, it is almost impossible to make any kind of impact in that division if you aren't the Seahawks or 49ers.
The Cardinals had the 2nd worst offense in the league... they averaged less than 16 points per game, which definitely isn't going to get it done. They have an average Defense and they were 1-5 against their division last year.
Like I said, that division is TOUGH.
I think this year's most improved team is going to be the Kansas City Chiefs. They have offensive-minded Andy Reid at the helm and have an improved QB with Alex Smith. Jamaal Charles is a top-five RB in the NFL. He put up over 1600 rushing yards on an offense where there were hardly any other weapons around him... and they were trailing most games (typically when the running game is avoided). So that is one hell of a year for him. Now with Alex Smith there, teams can't load up the box quite as much as they used to.
KC was 2-14 last year, which basically means they don't have anywhere to go but up. They play in a very weak division which Denver will obviously run away with... but with opponents like Oakland and San Diego, Kansas City should see a major improvement.

On a side note... with how much Andy Reid likes seeing his QB dumping the ball off to the RB (see Michael Vick to LeSean McCoy history), watch for Jamaal Charles to be a fantasy stud. Especially in a PPR League.

#221506 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:57 am
I agree that the Cardinals won't win their division.

I can't really keep up with much, being in Europe this whole past month, but my Boys have dealt well with every weakness they had. Most probably didn't notice outside of Dallas but we were only one Dez Bryant fingertip away from winning the division last year with our 3rd string playing the last 1/4 of the year.

They have addressed the offensive line, which was bad...and are now really prioritizing special teams (which was horrible and lost a few games for us last year) with trades.

I'm always hopeful about our chances....but I really think we are going to smoke everyone this year.

If you hate the Boys now, you'll really hate us by February

. :wink:

#221508 by zar535135
Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:36 am
GO BROWNS....

#221565 by Litost
Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:04 am
FLUSH THE BROWNS.

#227857 by Deadguitars
Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:19 pm
How ' Bout Them Cowboys !

#227957 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:52 am
I was closer with my guess about the Cardinals, eh? :lol:

We had 21 different people play what was supposed to be the front 4 on the defensive line this season. That has to be an NFL record?

Again, that's just the defensive line. Does it seem like since they changed the rules to make football safer that there have been a lot more injured players?

We were absolutely decimated this year...

The team I saw in training camp never took the field.

#227958 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:54 am
Litost wrote:I think this year's most improved team is going to be the Kansas City Chiefs. They have offensive-minded Andy Reid at the helm and have an improved QB with Alex Smith. Jamaal Charles is a top-five RB in the NFL. He put up over 1600 rushing yards on an offense where there were hardly any other weapons around him... and they were trailing most games (typically when the running game is avoided). So that is one hell of a year for him. Now with Alex Smith there, teams can't load up the box quite as much as they used to.
KC was 2-14 last year, which basically means they don't have anywhere to go but up. They play in a very weak division which Denver will obviously run away with... but with opponents like Oakland and San Diego, Kansas City should see a major improvement.

On a side note... with how much Andy Reid likes seeing his QB dumping the ball off to the RB (see Michael Vick to LeSean McCoy history), watch for Jamaal Charles to be a fantasy stud. Especially in a PPR League.

Looks like you nailed that one, Litost.

Jamal Charles is from down around my hometown in Pt Arthur TX

#228451 by DainNobody
Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:48 pm
bread and circuses to appease the people,
give them just enough to quell the riots in the streets
if you have a tune to bring to life
don't sit on the bleachers phuk the cheap seats
keep your mind at peace with a juicy slab of meat..