This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#220957 by DainNobody
Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:04 pm
good! I will get the ERUPTION - BEST VERSION poll started soon..Tennessee vs. Texas vs. Ontario sub-title! LOL

#220958 by jw123
Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:34 pm
Dane why dont you put up a version too, I aint in no competition with Haley, I respect him a lot and hopefully he feels the same way about me, I just find it a challenge to see if I can conquer this Iconic Guitar Solo.

So Im gonna start working on it.

At least Haley and I both hail from T States, gimme a T for Texas, gimme a T for TN.

#220960 by gbheil
Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:11 pm
All my ex's live in . . . OH wait . . . I don't have any ex's . :lol:

#220965 by J-HALEY
Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:39 pm
jw123 wrote:Dane why dont you put up a version too, I aint in no competition with Haley, I respect him a lot and hopefully he feels the same way about me, I just find it a challenge to see if I can conquer this Iconic Guitar Solo.

At least Haley and I both hail from T States, gimme a T for Texas, gimme a T for TN.

Yes I have a lot of respect for you John! I cant wait to hear your version and I am sure I will enjoy it MORE than listening to my own.

As far as Dane goes, it IMO is not a competition with other folks it is a competition with one's own self. I won't go into why I posted the thread about me and Jimmy. He IS a Bad ass on the guitar and can give anyone a run for their money! I believe people can change because I know I have. No one is perfect and just dealing with the crap life throws at you is hard enough so why go onto a forum and make a bunch of enemies out of people you don't even know? We all have different political beliefs and that's OKAY. I choose to TRY to keep my life about my Family, work, and music. I have put myself in a position of being able to concentrate on the music. When I come on this site that is my intension! To Talk about music and make friends (not enemies):)

#220972 by MikeTalbot
Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:44 am
Mr. Haley

I finally got around to listening to this. Not bad for a fellow with a mullet! :D

I thought you treated that Strat respectfully!

Talbot

#220973 by J-HALEY
Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:18 am
Thanks Mike! Thanks to all of you for watching the video I know its a little Cheezy but its what I do. :lol:

#220988 by jw123
Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:32 pm
sanshouheil wrote:All my ex's live in . . . OH wait . . . I don't have any ex's . :lol:

Watch it George that hits a bit close to home! LOL!

#221002 by DainNobody
Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:52 pm
J-HALEY wrote:
jw123 wrote:Dane why dont you put up a version too, I aint in no competition with Haley, I respect him a lot and hopefully he feels the same way about me, I just find it a challenge to see if I can conquer this Iconic Guitar Solo.

Yes I have a lot of respect for you John! I cant wait to hear your version and I am sure I will enjoy it MORE than listening to my own.

As far as Dane goes, it IMO is not a competition with other folks it is a competition with one's own self. I won't go into why I posted the thread about me and Jimmy. He IS a Bad ass on the guitar and can give anyone a run for their money! I believe people can change because I know I have. No one is perfect and just dealing with the crap life throws at you is hard enough so why go onto a forum and make a bunch of enemies out of people you don't even know? We all have different political beliefs and that's OKAY. I choose to TRY to keep my life about my Family, work, and music. I have put myself in a position of being able to concentrate on the music. When I come on this site that is my intension! To Talk about music and make friends (not enemies):)
you ever get in one of those moods where you wanna pick up a hammer and start smashing things? that's what I felt like yesterday.. today I am more mellow, and hope I can get my mind back into a better equilibrium today..

#221005 by jimmydanger
Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:16 pm
Never thought of "Eruption" as a "song", more like an intro or gimmick. We still do "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love", and "I'm On Fire" kicks ass.

#221006 by Deadguitars
Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:10 pm
I thought it was great playing
Not really a Van Halen fan but you really nailed the tone too
How do I get a shirt , bro ?

#221007 by jw123
Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:24 pm
Jimmy we played On Fire years ago when I played bass, I could actually hit those high notes on the chorus back then, found an old grainy video of it.

My favorite song from the first album is Im The One, we used to do it, would like to do it again with these new guys and I think we can pull it off.

Yea that first Van Halen Album just has the swagger that most people never get close too.

#221008 by jw123
Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:27 pm
OK heres my version of Eruption, LOL.

I dont know if this will work for you guys, but you can hit play on it and it will play the song for you. Check out the site Ultimate Guitar and sign up for the TAB PRO.

http://tp.ultimate-guitar.com/v/van_hal ... nline.html

#221046 by neanderpaul
Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:11 am
Ready to hear your version John, but I'm not entering CC info to hear it. Post it up somewhere else. :D