This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#220250 by DainNobody
Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:48 pm
if I had a .38 Police Special, or any handgun for that matter, (presently don't own a handgun) and I was using it to protect myself, I would have to look at all the scenarios I could see myself in, and very quickly discover the thing would be almost worthless for defense, if I was on the offensive end of things like a criminal I could see it's advantages.
Scenario 1 : I have my weapon concealed with a shoulder holster, but as I'm walking down the alley towards my car with a sack of groceries, I am accosted by a band of thugs (only two) and they beat me down into submission before I even get a chance to draw my weapon.. FAIL!
Scenario 2: I'm asleep thug crawls through the window or uses a glass cutter to gain entrance, I awake to see a barrel stating me in the eyes with a voice telling me to come with him were going to the ATM machine to get my bankroll withdrawn.. not a chance in hell a concealed weapon would do an ounce of good or give an ounce of protection.. FAIL:
Scenario 3: you paint your own picture..

#220253 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:14 am
Dane Ellis Allen wrote:if I had a .38 Police Special, or any handgun for that matter, (presently don't own a handgun) and I was using it to protect myself, I would have to look at all the scenarios I could see myself in, and very quickly discover the thing would be almost worthless for defense, if I was on the offensive end of things like a criminal I could see it's advantages.
Scenario 1 : I have my weapon concealed with a shoulder holster, but as I'm walking down the alley towards my car with a sack of groceries, I am accosted by a band of thugs (only two) and they beat me down into submission before I even get a chance to draw my weapon.. FAIL!
Scenario 2: I'm asleep thug crawls through the window or uses a glass cutter to gain entrance, I awake to see a barrel stating me in the eyes with a voice telling me to come with him were going to the ATM machine to get my bankroll withdrawn.. not a chance in hell a concealed weapon would do an ounce of good or give an ounce of protection.. FAIL:

I'll choose #3. Government forgoes all the boundaries of righteousness and sends crazy young 22 year olds door to door....

DANE? No he lives 2 doors down... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#220254 by J-HALEY
Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:25 am
Dane Ellis Allen wrote:if I had a .38 Police Special, or any handgun for that matter, (presently don't own a handgun) and I was using it to protect myself, I would have to look at all the scenarios I could see myself in, and very quickly discover the thing would be almost worthless for defense, if I was on the offensive end of things like a criminal I could see it's advantages.

Dane your biggest scenario is very rememscent of what to GZ. So in a nutshell concealed carry works. If you don't believe me just ask Travon Martin!

#220255 by MikeTalbot
Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:27 am
I carried firearms regularly for quite a while. I'm all for self defense but just to be contrary:

I found it a pain in the ass - constantly aware of the damn thing and trying always to not draw attention to it. Ultimately you get used to it and your body language adjusts but a good cop or bodyguard will spot an armed man easily enough by body language.

Carrying the weapon changes one's perspective. I got in the habit of being polite to everyone. Really did not want any arguments that could potentially escalate.

The moment people find out you're packed their perspective of you changes radically. (not true in all circles)

I do however, like having a firearm handy and I'm working on getting a permit now, just in case.

Talbot

#220274 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:14 pm
If I owned a gun there would be dead bodies all over America...oh wait...there already are!?

I swear I didn't do it!!! (maybe that's why I don't carry?)

:lol:

God is my protection. When He is ready for me to go home, I'll be checking out. In the meantime, I support anyone who wants to defend themselves from the wicked.

#220288 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:53 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:I carried firearms regularly for quite a while. I'm all for self defense but just to be contrary:

I found it a pain in the ass - constantly aware of the damn thing and trying always to not draw attention to it. Ultimately you get used to it and your body language adjusts but a good cop or bodyguard will spot an armed man easily enough by body language.

Carrying the weapon changes one's perspective. I got in the habit of being polite to everyone. Really did not want any arguments that could potentially escalate.

The moment people find out you're packed their perspective of you changes radically. (not true in all circles)

I do however, like having a firearm handy and I'm working on getting a permit now, just in case.

Talbot

I have to point out the one thing that seems to be continuously avoided.
I'm eligible for a business carry permit in NY... The most liberal anti gun state in America.
Do I need or want to carry a gun, even if I have 20 grand cash on me? (banking)
Not really. I'm not prone to live in fear.
Am I concerned that someone may break in to my home in the middle of night? (by the way dane, glass is etched on one side and broken on the other) HELL NO. The only loaded weapon in my house is when someone pulls my finger after a good meal.

HOWEVER...
If for any reason we reach the point of governmental disobedience... A point where we have a government that has forgotten where the true authority comes from...

That is the true value of GUNS.
To assure that law of the land protects ALL the people. That the values that have made this country great, are not trampled on by the few that seek absolute control.

May God forgive them.

#220297 by Slacker G
Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:14 pm
HOWEVER...
If for any reason we reach the point of governmental disobedience... A point where we have a government that has forgotten where the true authority comes from...

I believe that we have already passed that point in time.

#220299 by Christopher Holmes
Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:47 pm
Slacker G wrote:
HOWEVER...

You sir, are correct.

Listen folks... the days of overthrowing one's own government with a few rifles is long gone. That ship has sailed for the USA.

If you feel your government isn't representing you correctly, then vote. Better yet - become part of the solution yourself. Volunteer to work on a campaign. Help put someone in office who isn't a lawyer or professional politician. Find someone in your local area that you think could lead the way and convince them to run. Do something.

But thinking that you're going to change it with a gun is just plain stupid.

#220300 by jimmydanger
Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:08 pm
You're wrong Chris! Glenny is Rambo and Slacker is Batman! They will save us!

#220308 by gtZip
Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:00 pm
Assault rifles and guerrilla warfare have proven over and over that they can thwart an almighty army.

And who makes up our armed forces? Americans, just like the rest of us.
Are they going to attack their brothers and sisters, because a select few give the order to?
A conservative judgement on the desertion rate would be... 40 to 50 percent.

Don't bring that Facebook bullshit imagery in here.

#220311 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:44 pm
Christopher Holmes wrote:
Slacker G wrote:
HOWEVER...

You sir, are correct.

Listen folks... the days of overthrowing one's own government with a few rifles is long gone. That ship has sailed for the USA.

If you feel your government isn't representing you correctly, then vote. Better yet - become part of the solution yourself. Volunteer to work on a campaign. Help put someone in office who isn't a lawyer or professional politician. Find someone in your local area that you think could lead the way and convince them to run. Do something.

Chris... you have gone from being ignorant to just plain nonintellectual.
Go read your post's from a couple of years ago. You were a bleeding heart loser.

I really have no compassion for the view points that folks like you and Jimmy bring to general discussion..
If you enjoy having other people giving you free stuff and letting you avoid the real potential you may have...

Sad.

Obviously we are entering a point where NEW history will be written. This is very exciting. Chris our representatives are already rewriting everything because they have the "POWER".
Just last week 'HSA' sent in a full 'SWAT' team into a Mineola home. WHY?...
Because the mom googled "pressure cookers". The son Googled "back packs". The Father googled information about the 'Boston marathon'.

You think this is a joke... These extremely wealthy people in a position of power... don't give a damn about you... your life is worthless...

RIGHTS... You only have the right to DIE.

Keep laughing buddy. You and Jimmy.

Your death will just be another phony scandal.

#220314 by MikeTalbot
Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:13 am
Regarding armed resistance to tyranny: I find it sad that some would tell me you cannot succeed against the armed might of a superpower. Well, a) that's incorrect - it ain't the Taliban fixing to leave Afghanistan! :wink:

Talbot

#220326 by Slacker G
Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:10 pm
jimmydanger wrote:You're wrong Chris! Glenny is Rambo and Slacker is Batman! They will save us!

And jimmy is Patrick Star. Patrick's intellectual hero is Bart Simpson.

#220336 by VinnyViolin
Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:04 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:Regarding armed resistance to tyranny: I find it sad that some would tell me you cannot succeed against the armed might of a superpower. Well, a) that's incorrect - it ain't the Taliban fixing to leave Afghanistan! :wink:

Talbot

"For America, the chief geopolitical prize is Eurasia... Now a non-Eurasian power is preeminent in Eurasia - and America's global primacy is directly dependent on how long and how effectively its preponderance on the Eurasian continent is sustained." (p.30)

"But the pursuit of power is not a goal that commands popular passion, except in conditions of a sudden threat or challenge to the public's sense of domestic well-being. The economic self-denial (that is, defense spending) and the human sacrifice (casualties, even among professional soldiers) required in the effort are uncongenial to democratic instincts. Democracy is inimical to imperial mobilization." (p.35)

(he also mentions how a "new Pearl Harbor" type of event would help get the public behind the "imperial mobilization" )

- from the 1998 book "The Grand Chessboard - American Primacy And It's Geostrategic Imperatives" by Zbigniew Brzezinksi

... the goal was never about defeating the Taliban, it was to draw the conflict out for as long as possible to keep plenty NATO troops in the crucial Eurasian oil pipeline areas. Eliminating the Taliban completely would have also eliminated our "mandate" to park so many troops there. Leaving plenty of Taliban alive and kicking after we leave gives us leverage over any government there. That is why Karzai has desperately been trying to cut a deal with the Taliban before the US pulls out, and moves on down the road to Syria - Iran etc..

#220349 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:52 pm
GLENNY J wrote:
Christopher Holmes wrote:
Slacker G wrote:
HOWEVER...

You sir, are correct.

Chris... you have gone from being ignorant to just plain nonintellectual.
Go read your post's from a couple of years ago. You were a bleeding heart loser.

I really have no compassion for the view points that folks like you and Jimmy bring to general discussion..
If you enjoy having other people giving you free stuff and letting you avoid the real potential you may have...

Sad.

Obviously we are entering a point where NEW history will be written. This is very exciting. Chris our representatives are already rewriting everything because they have the "POWER".
Just last week 'HSA' sent in a full 'SWAT' team into a Mineola home. WHY?...
Because the mom googled "pressure cookers". The son Googled "back packs". The Father googled information about the 'Boston marathon'.

You think this is a joke... These extremely wealthy people in a position of power... don't give a damn about you... your life is worthless...

RIGHTS... You only have the right to DIE.

Keep laughing buddy. You and Jimmy.

Your death will just be another phony scandal.

BUMP!!! Way to many asssshoooles BEGGING FOR A GOVERNMENT, WILLING TO CONTROL EVERY ASPECT OF THEIR LIFE.

Are you people REAL??