This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#218113 by jw123
Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:42 pm
I love the stock pups in my Classic 1960 Reissue Les Pauls. I think its a t-500 in the bridge and a t-498 in the neck position.

Most people I read about replace them, but I think you just have to know how to set your amp up, and also use the volume and tone controls on the guitar.

Strats, lets see I always replaced them, I think my current strat has a Seymour Duncan Blade humbucker in the bridge, and Muy Grandes in the other slots, my old strats I always used Dimarzios.

#218293 by JMZCustomGuitars
Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:35 am
jw123 wrote:I love the stock pups in my Classic 1960 Reissue Les Pauls. I think its a t-500 in the bridge and a t-498 in the neck position.

Most people I read about replace them, but I think you just have to know how to set your amp up, and also use the volume and tone controls on the guitar.

Strats, lets see I always replaced them, I think my current strat has a Seymour Duncan Blade humbucker in the bridge, and Muy Grandes in the other slots, my old strats I always used Dimarzios.

The 500Ts are REALLY hot pickups dude. Love 'em just like the Dirty Fingers! But I give the ege to Dirty Fingers

cheers!

John

#218813 by Charles Savage
Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:13 pm
I simply LOVE the pups in my self made Tele copy....I have a 57/58 Custom Shop for the bridge and 63 Custom Shop for the neck. I get compliments from everyone about their tone (Even Funk Brother Joe Messina who loved playing it too!) and they just inspire me to play it as often as I can which IMO, is what a great instrument should do.