This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#211057 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:35 pm
"progress, not perfection" :wink:

#211060 by gbheil
Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:"progress, not perfection" :wink:

Yes . . . onward . . . ever onward.

#211061 by Planetguy
Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:52 pm
since you never arrive.....it's all about the journey.

#211063 by gbheil
Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:55 pm
The warrior spirit in me says it's not about either . . .

It about being fully present in the now . . .

#211229 by Aia
Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:27 pm
Excellence is to strive for perfection; Perfection is in the eye of the beholder.

#211231 by fisherman bob
Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:19 pm
Aia wrote:Excellence is to strive for perfection; Perfection is in the eye of the beholder.
. My point exactly, er in different words. Did you ever hear of paralysis by analysis? Play your song(s) in front of OTHER people. If they like it then it could be either excellent or perfect. At that point your song may be done. Remember what you played. Practice it, but not too much. Maybe make minor changes in it so it doesn't get stale. BUT remember that it's your audience that counts. A song that's perrfect or excellent in YOUR mind is like a song in a vacuum. It's nothing if other people don't like it.

#211235 by jimmydanger
Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:58 pm
Right on Bob. The Farleys play music for people; if the audience doesn't enjoy it what's the point? Last night we had the whole place rocking, and not because our songs are so technically difficult or perfectly executed. But another band that came on after us was technically excellent with difficult time changes and unusual chords and melodies and elements of jazz intermixed. But everyone looked bored while they played, texting and talking. The only ones they appealed to were other musicians,.

#211237 by gbheil
Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:35 pm
My Godmother passed in her sleep last eve.
She has found perfection.
As for the rest of us . . . the quest, onward the quest.

#211238 by jimmydanger
Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:03 pm
Sorry for your loss George.

#211241 by gbheil
Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:37 pm
Thanks Jimmy.

#211248 by Planetguy
Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:19 pm
sorry to hear about that, george. hang in there.

#211251 by DainNobody
Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:45 pm
jimmydanger wrote:Right on Bob. The Farleys play music for people; if the audience doesn't enjoy it what's the point? Last night we had the whole place rocking, and not because our songs are so technically difficult or perfectly executed. But another band that came on after us was technically excellent with difficult time changes and unusual chords and melodies and elements of jazz intermixed. But everyone looked bored while they played, texting and talking. The only ones they appealed to were other musicians,.
oh I love what you just said jimmy..you guys know how to play what was needed to get them dancing and drinking..exactly what a bar owner wants too.

#211257 by PaperDog
Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:07 am
sanshouheil wrote:My Godmother passed in her sleep last eve.
She has found perfection.
As for the rest of us . . . the quest, onward the quest.

My condolences, George. and God bless to her and all who knew her.

#211261 by DainNobody
Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:42 am
George, she is in a better place now.. Jesus explained this

#211279 by gbheil
Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:42 pm
Thank you all gentlemen.

Was not my intention to turn this thread to be about me.

Merely used something present in my life to demonstrate a point.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated however. She is a dear lady, here presence in this realm will be missed.