This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#192853 by Starfish Scott
Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:47 pm
lol I'll bet you 5$ that they create something.

What I won't bet is what it is that they make and whether or not it will be any good.

(my crystal ball says "Ask again later") lol

#192854 by Planetguy
Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:49 pm
Chief Engineer Scott wrote:Oh so you are saying this isn't going to happen?

lol I think I detect a couple of people who will participate regardless.

Ya never know..

so far...i have to say the casting is going pretty much exactly to script w no surprises re. involvement/enthusiasm vs. negativity and nay saying.

#192855 by Starfish Scott
Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:50 pm
Sorry not trying to NAY SAY you.

That's for bitches...
Just idle talk from me, nothing more.

#192857 by Planetguy
Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:52 pm
Chief Engineer Scott wrote:lol I'll bet you 5$ that they create something.

What I won't bet is what it is that they make and whether or not it will be any good.

(this is eyes only: scottie) get him to take the bet and make it for $10.

#192859 by Starfish Scott
Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:54 pm
(LOL agreed..)

Ok how about a 10$ bet, JCP?

I think I can take out a loan from the bank yet... LOL

#192860 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:55 pm
The left channel/right channel thing is going to leave one channel with a MESS of sound. Think of the days when you recorded with a portable cassette recorder and tried to bounce tracks using a second recorder.
In order to make something sound half-way decent, you need to be able to mix the tracks separately.
I'll volunteer to do that, I can mix pretty fast (tweakign does take time, though).
So Planetguy - first step is the click track/basic structure - put this on the right (or left) channel, then add a part on the other channel, upload and I'll download it, combine it to right channel, post it back up so the next person can record their part to the left side, then I'll grab that, throw it onto the right side, etc. Find a drummer to record his part on a stereo track, then we've really got it going.
I suggest setting up a dropbox account with a sign-on and password posted here so that everyone can access it (rather than eveyone using their own).

Benjamin's idea is going to leave this sounding like the Beatles' "Revolution #9" :wink:

#192862 by Planetguy
Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:02 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:The left channel/right channel thing is going to leave one channel with a MESS of sound. Think of the days when you recorded with a portable cassette recorder and tried to bounce tracks using a second recorder.
In order to make something sound half-way decent, you need to be able to mix the tracks separately.
I'll volunteer to do that, I can mix pretty fast (tweakign does take time, though).
So Planetguy - first step is the click track/basic structure - put this on the right (or left) channel, then add a part on the other channel, upload and I'll download it, combine it to right channel, post it back up so the next person can record their part to the left side, then I'll grab that, throw it onto the right side, etc. Find a drummer to record his part on a stereo track, then we've really got it going.
I suggest setting up a dropbox account with a sign-on and password posted here so that everyone can access it (rather than eveyone using their own).

right on mike. sounds like a plan. do you mind setting up the drop box for us?

#192863 by JCP61
Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:02 pm
Chief Engineer Scott wrote:(LOL agreed..)

Ok how about a 10$ bet, JCP?

I think I can take out a loan from the bank yet... LOL

your on

#192866 by Starfish Scott
Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:05 pm
lol agreed. (shakes hand)

#192909 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:56 pm
Planetguy wrote:right on mike. sounds like a plan. do you mind setting up the drop box for us?

Have to wait until tonight, as I'll need to set up a dummy email account for it.

#192928 by JCP61
Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:14 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
Planetguy wrote:right on mike. sounds like a plan. do you mind setting up the drop box for us?

Have to wait until tonight, as I'll need to set up a dummy email account for it.

just like I said it will have been someone else's job from the start..

:lol: :lol:

#192940 by Planetguy
Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:34 am
JCP61 wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:

actually it's called "folks working together". no doubt it's probably the whole "comraderie" and "community" aspect of it that has you confused.:wink:

and if ya wanna get technical scroll to the first post in this thread for your "from the start" moment.

oh, it's gonna be a pleasure when it's time for you relinquish that $10 to scottie. just sorry i didn't get in some of that action. :lol: :wink:

#192941 by JCP61
Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:42 am
Planetguy wrote:
JCP61 wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:

actually it's called "folks working together". no doubt it's probably the whole "comraderie" and "community" aspect of it that has you confused.:wink:

and if ya wanna get technical scroll to the first post in this thread for your "from the start" moment.

oh, it's gonna be a pleasure when it's time for you relinquish that $10 to scottie. just sorry i didn't get in some of that action. :lol: :wink:

internet community, yea that part is a little strange
but you go right ahead, glambert, don't let me stop you,

10 bucks isn't much :lol:
now don't let scotty down, he's depending on you, and on the planetguy community
he seemed concerned about having the cash available

:lol:

#192943 by Planetguy
Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:51 am
JCP61 wrote:internet community, yea that part is a little strange
but you go right ahead, glambert, don't let me stop you,

yeah, what a "strange" and foreign notion... musicians placing some value and having some regard for community.

and a forum of musicians who communicate regularly.... sharing a sense of community???? whassup wi dat meshugah bidness?

leave it to you to find that notion strange and something worthy of looking down your nose at.

hey, as the youngsters love to say..."whatever".

10 bucks isn't much :lol:
now don't let scotty down, he's depending on you, and on the planetguy community
he seemed concerned about having the cash available

actually i think his only concern was putting his foot up yer behind proving you wrong. :lol:

#192945 by Starfish Scott
Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:04 am
No, I want the 10$.. lol

And I am curious..I've seen something like this before and it was a train wreck even before it got off the ground.

And yea, I'm poor. You want to make fun of me, ok.
But you have to be careful because what you give comes back to you in life.
That's the meaning behind "everything is circular".

I choose to believe in something good even if it costs me.
It wouldn't be the first time and I am unafraid to fail, that's why I occasionally win and I keep getting chances to overcome. (even though it hasn't exactly happened yet)

I believe in the experience of life and I always play the odds when I think they are in my favor. I choose to believe in the positive of life and people, even though most of them don't even believe in themselves.