This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#187153 by JCP61
Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:47 pm
GLENNY J wrote:People wonder why I don't post any of the good music I have been playing recently. Perfect example.
If you love Obama, great music.
If you don't love Obama it sucks.

I have never seen such a bunch of racist mother FUUUCKERS as some of you!

I don't think anyone is wondering that.

#187156 by Stringdancer
Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:03 am
Glenny wrote:
SO WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT! Jeff shared some great music and you have the balls to become all critical of that.
F.U. :evil:[/quote]

If you see nothing wrong with my remark why do you get so bend out of shape about it?

Ahaa I forget... it’s that dreadful disease called JYDAS.

Glenny don’t despair Merks is coming out with a treatment for those who are afflicted by JYDAS, so there’s hope after all even for you. Try it and good luck.

Note: The acronym JYDAS stands for Junk Yard Dog Attitude Syndrome.

#187161 by J-HALEY
Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:19 am
Stringdancer wrote:
J-HALEY wrote:I would like to say musically I said PERFECTLY and ABSOLUTELY what I meant! I am not being facetious when I say "if you don't get it" its prolly over your head? Good Luck!

This reminds me of a quote from Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart when he responded to Antonio Salieri's observation. Salieri point out to Wolfgang that one of his piece had too many notes in it. Mozart replied: " The piece has just the right amout of notes no more no less"

JH you know you and I we are going to spar from time to time, me with my banter and you with yours and no I do not consider myself more intelligent than you but I'd like to point out that in music is not about how many notes one can squeeze in a mesasure it's about how memorable those notes are to a listener. Techinical skill is a presequisite to make music but ultimately what makes the difference is the composition or the writing. and for that a whole different set of skills is needed.

Now don't misunderstand and go off again on me, I'm not saying you are not capable to write a likeable song but in the tune we're discussing you have chosen to showcase your skills rather than your writing ability.

That's all folks.

I didn't go off on you? I am just saying the quality of that song is subjective. I am not going to apologize for writing and recording a song that I play the best of my ability on. Like I said as far as the performance goes I played EXACTLY what I intended. If you don't like it I am sorry. I listened to your songs and you are in my opinion a little more skilled than the average listening public. While I appreciate your listening and critique of my music your opinion just doesn't carry much importance to me. I know it is a good song and good performance, the mix needs work but I am NOT changing the parts!

#187163 by JCP61
Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:26 am
Stringdancer wrote:
J-HALEY wrote:I would like to say musically I said PERFECTLY and ABSOLUTELY what I meant! I am not being facetious when I say "if you don't get it" its prolly over your head? Good Luck!

This reminds me of a quote from Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart when he responded to Antonio Salieri's observation. Salieri point out to Wolfgang that one of his piece had too many notes in it. Mozart replied: " The piece has just the right amout of notes no more no less"

JH you know you and I we are going to spar from time to time, me with my banter and you with yours and no I do not consider myself more intelligent than you but I'd like to point out that in music is not about how many notes one can squeeze in a mesasure it's about how memorable those notes are to a listener. Techinical skill is a presequisite to make music but ultimately what makes the difference is the composition or the writing. and for that a whole different set of skills is needed.

Now don't misunderstand and go off again on me, I'm not saying you are not capable to write a likeable song but in the tune we're discussing you have chosen to showcase your skills rather than your writing ability.

That's all folks.

you are remembering the movie wrong......... :lol:

#187164 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:30 am
J,, if you want I will download it, not from here, run it through my mastering, and make these assssses shut up.

First and foremost I thought it was EXCELLENT.

I can't believe the morons making an issue of some great playing. That's why they are going to be facing much more serious issues when their guitars are taken away from them,,,,, to pay for Obama care. It's in there, a 2.5 % federal real estate transfer tax and a 1% annual tax on any musical instrument valued over 500 dollars.

Keep laughing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#187167 by Planetguy
Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:57 am
and glenny you forgot the werstest part....losing our gtrs will be bad enough but what about when the damn gubment takes away everyone's dogs! our chillens! our wimmins! lawdy momma...sumbody make it staaaaaaawp!

#187169 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:04 am
They already took away your individual right to think for yourself.

Ready to give me another ass whooping?
:lol:

#187170 by Planetguy
Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:06 am
no worries glen...i'm trying to be a good boy and not pick on the mentally infirm so ya get a pass for now. :wink:

#187171 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:06 am
This was a great music thread,,,, till you asssholes came out of the poop.

#187172 by Planetguy
Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:09 am
c'mon now glen...don't be such a hypocrite. you got your own pissing, moaning, and bitching into this thread. jeff was handling the "criticism" like an upstanding gentleman. no need for you to come riding in on white stallion and save the day.

you hypocritically bitch this WAS a great music thread....and then you start carping about obamacare???? really? :roll:
Last edited by Planetguy on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

#187173 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:19 am
I don't have to save the day.

He plays great.

He also doesn't cover up or condone , or suck up to a bunch of muslim terrorists that killed one of our ambassadors and 3 other American citizens the way you want to.

Like I said this was a great music thread,,, YOU JUST PLAIN ARE GOING OUT OF YOUR WAY TO SHOW YOUR JEALOUSY, WHEN YOU ARE STANDING IN THE SHADOW OF GREATNESS.

No,, I'm not shouting,,, :lol: I'm just making sure that an old welfare patient like you can read what I wrote. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#187174 by Planetguy
Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:24 am
yep, WAS a great music thread....til you had to make it otherwise, huh?

glen, you might be a hypocrite...but at least you sure are consistent about it.

#187175 by Planetguy
Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:28 am
GLENNY J wrote:I don't have to save the day.

exactly the point i was trying to make....so then why do it?

#187176 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:30 am
You are really loosing it dude.
How many different names you going to call me.

I have a simple way to settle this......

You bring your playing up to Jeffs level and I will back off.

That will never happen.

#187177 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:34 am
You are such a lets take one line out of context person.

I hope everyone understands that shiit.

I'm waiting for my asss whhooopping!

You should be ashamed of the distortions you perpetuate.

(FORGOT,LIBERALS HAVE NO SHAME)